Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: Her management
I didn’t realize she had management until very recently, and now I’m wondering how her videos are such low quality when she’s got management behind her? Wouldn’t they give her feedback and pointers as to how to improve her YouTube channel? It occurs to me that the other creators I’ve watched under this management (Jade, Vee, Jack) have so much better videography skills. Couldn’t they at least hire an editor for Ruby, if she doesn’t want to improve by herself?
Ah, the magic word is "hire". As in, pay somone to do it. The management wouldn't want to pay for it, and Ruby would throw a fit at the suggestion that she should pay someone from her own pocket because they are better at something than her.

Reactions: 14
Those 3 are annoying too however at least they don't constantly use midi file versions of The Nutcracker at deafening volumes and cut their speech off mid-inflection 😂
Argh, don’t remind me. It’s that time of year when Ruby will dust off (lol) the file containing that truly horrible, too slow midi version of ‘I saw three ships’ that she loves so much *shudders*

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Re: Her management
I didn’t realize she had management until very recently, and now I’m wondering how her videos are such low quality when she’s got management behind her? Wouldn’t they give her feedback and pointers as to how to improve her YouTube channel? It occurs to me that the other creators I’ve watched under this management (Jade, Vee, Jack) have so much better videography skills. Couldn’t they at least hire an editor for Ruby, if she doesn’t want to improve by herself?
They don't care that much.

Their involvement with their influencers is likely pretty limited, aside from chasing easy brand deals and setting up low quality, inflated price merch stores with influencers' names on, which they run in-house with little effort to keep as big a cut of the profits as possible. The planner store is likely Ruby's only major value asset to them now, because she's the face of the brand they own. And they clearly put very little effort and work in for the profits they reap from that.

But they're probably well aware that Ruby's relevance is limited and fading and focus their resources and effort on the "talent" on their roster that bring in more ad revenue, sales and more views. Jack's store is more successful, and his popularity and brand are bigger more relevant than Ruby. Other StudyTubers on their books have done a better job of growing and staying relevant. Ruby won't change. She's still churning out the same tit she did years ago.

It's why they constantly feature Jade on their Insta feed. It's why they went to bat for Jack to help land him a deal with Waterstones to have his planners in select stores and didn't do the same for Ruby.

They're not going to waste what little time and resource they put into their talent on her when other influencers on their roster are putting in more work themselves to grow, improve and stay relevant. They'll focus their attention on the ones who require less work and bring in more followers and money.

They certainly aren't going to hire anyone to work for her or waste time and resources trying to groom her into a relevant talent when they're probably well aware that won't work.

Their involvement with their influencers is likely pretty limited, aside from chasing easy brand deals and setting up low quality, inflated price merch stores with influencers' names on, which they run in-house with little effort to keep as big a cut of the profits as possible. The planner store is likely Ruby's only major value asset to them now, because she's the face of the brand they own. And they clearly put very little effort and work in for the profits they reap from that.

But they're probably well aware that Ruby's relevance is limited and fading and focus their resources and effort on the "talent" on their roster that bring in more ad revenue, sales and more views. Jack's store is more successful, and his popularity and brand are bigger more relevant than Ruby. Other StudyTubers on their books have done a better job of growing and staying relevant. Ruby won't change. She's still churning out the same tit she did years ago.

It's why they constantly feature Jade on their Insta feed. It's why they went to bat for Jack to help land him a deal with Waterstones to have his planners in select stores and didn't do the same for Ruby.

They're not going to waste what little time and resource they put into their talent on her when other influencers on their roster are putting in more work themselves to grow, improve and stay relevant. They'll focus their attention on the ones who require less work and bring in more followers and money.

They certainly aren't going to hire anyone to work for her or waste time and resources trying to groom her into a relevant talent when they're probably well aware that won't work.
I also think that Jack's channel seems more profitable long-term. Booktube has grown a lot lately, and it's also not an intrinsically temporary model like Ruby's channel. What I mean is, Jack's current content doesn't have an expiration date, he could go on making book related content for a while, while Ruby's channel has been all over the place lately, it seems she has yet to develop a precise identity, and she won't be able to make academia content when she eventually stops studying in the near future.

Reactions: 19

I'd be fascinated to know what kind of % cut managements like Sixteenth take. We can at least be sure it's not commensurate with the amount of support they give their talent.

Reactions: 5
Argh, don’t remind me. It’s that time of year when Ruby will dust off (lol) the file containing that truly horrible, too slow midi version of ‘I saw three ships’ that she loves so much *shudders*
Massively OT, but Sufjan Stevens’ version of ”I saw three ships” is the only acceptable one. (I may be biased. I just really like Surfjam Suffragette, ok?)

Reactions: 3
Massively OT, but Sufjan Stevens’ version of ”I saw three ships” is the only acceptable one. (I may be biased. I just really like Surfjam Suffragette, ok?)
To be fair, it might not be ‘I saw three ships’. It could be ‘Greensleeves’ - all I know is that it makes my ears bleed and I hate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
To be fair, it might not be ‘I saw three ships’. It could be ‘Greensleeves’ - all I know is that it makes my ears bleed and I hate it.
”Greensleeves” is pretty much a crime against humanity, and the version Roobee uses is fully one.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Greensleeves and then anything from the nutcracker is her go to which is a shame because I'm going to see it in a few weeks and the last thing I want is to think "hello guys IT'S ROOBEE" when I go to see it

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Greensleeves and then anything from the nutcracker is her go to which is a shame because I'm going to see it in a few weeks and the last thing I want is to think "hello guys IT'S ROOBEE" when I go to see it
rip you’re never going to make it through the sugar plum fairies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
On the pumpkin productivity page, people are complaining it’s been weeks since their order and they’ve heard nothing. That’s awful! I’d be furious!

Her poor delusional fans.

Screenshot_20211216-201411_Instagram.jpg

She shouldn't be advertising the planner to get more orders if she can't fulfil the current ones...

I wonder who makes Ruby's planners and whether they are made ethically. I've noticed that she doesn't mention anything about having a sustainable business, despite telling everyone that they need to shop 'mindfully'. She is the worst kind of hypocrite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
And once again Rubix Cube has not done her research on the brand she is partnering with....

Whilst the cause she is talking about is important - she is partnering with PETA, the org that had a campaign saying that dairy caused autism and has had countless other problematic campaigns.

Surprisingly, nearly the entire comment section is pointing this out. Made me smile and I scrolled through hundreds of people asking Rhubarb why she would even partner with them.

Alas this isn’t enough to stop Roobeeee taking money from a corrupt org!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
And once again Rubix Cube has not done her research on the brand she is partnering with....

Whilst the cause she is talking about is important - she is partnering with PETA, the org that had a campaign saying that dairy caused autism and has had countless other problematic campaigns.

Surprisingly, nearly the entire comment section is pointing this out. Made me smile and I scrolled through hundreds of people asking Rhubarb why she would even partner with them.

Alas this isn’t enough to stop Roobeeee taking money from a corrupt org!
Ruby would partner with the bleeping Taliban if they offered enough money

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Ruby would partner with the bleeping Taliban if they offered enough money
I'm honestly shocked that someone who already comes from money and has so much already can't be satisfied with what they have. I know it happens a lot in life with super well off people but jesus christ are these people so bleeping privileged and annoying.

Reactions: 13
God, it's like she's going for a greatest hits week of inept fuckery.

• Shows terrible business practice by fobbing off tonnes of disgruntled customers, refusing to do anything to rectify it.
  • Adds insult to injury by offering a tiny discount on shipping, only for new sales, only for orders above £30, and only for international customers. All existing, screwed-over customers at home and abroad whose orders haven't shipped get the shaft.
  • Posts "new" Instagram post to celebrate and promote this hilariously insulting non-discount, but because she's so bleeping lazy, it's just some reposted video footage from a month ago.
  • Spends half the week going to crowded public places without a mask.
  • Reposts someone else's story promoting regular Covid testing. Even though Ruby has shown no evidence that she has ever taken a test, even when she had Covid symptoms and was still going to classes and out in public. Even though she constantly refuses to wear a mask in crowded indoor public places. Even though her recent comments highly suggest she isn't vaccinated.
  • Accepts money to promote a problematic brand. Does not declare it as a paid ad. Does no research into the brand before snatching the money from their hands, even though as a vegan, she should already be familiar with PETA and their issues. (Also she isn't a vegan.)
  • Her paid ad for PETA is unsurprisingly poor quality. Bad audio levels, poor delivery, and her stern, pompous and stilted "Did you know...?" turns a serious subject into unintentional self-parody.
  • (Hey, Ruby! Did you know...that Exeter University also carries out 'severe' threshold testing on a variety of animal species, mice included? That is, procedures in which "the animals are likely to experience severe pain, suffering or distress, or long-lasting moderate pain, suffering or distress, or are likely to cause severe impairment of the wellbeing or general condition of the animals". Did you know that they've increased this severe testing on mice year on year for the past few years? Don't single out Bath and Bristol unis and play favourites just because Exeter was stupid enough to let you in and pay you to advertise them.)
  • Posts yet another ad for gifted Miss Patina clothing, even though she's constantly preaching about avoiding fast fashion and being sustainable.
  • Posts another reposted story this time for mental health and child abuse charities to contact over the festive period if needed, but as with literally every single worthwhile cause, she limits the amount of effort she'll exert to a reposted story that'll vanish in 24 hours. She'd only do more than that if they gave her money.

All we need now is another daily routine video compiled from several months' worth of old footage and for her to steal from another charity and she'll have covered it all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
God, it's like she's going for a greatest hits week of inept fuckery.

• Shows terrible business practice by fobbing off tonnes of disgruntled customers, refusing to do anything to rectify it.
  • Adds insult to injury by offering a tiny discount on shipping, only for new sales, only for orders above £30, and only for international customers. All existing, screwed-over customers at home and abroad whose orders haven't shipped get the shaft.
  • Posts "new" Instagram post to celebrate and promote this hilariously insulting non-discount, but because she's so bleeping lazy, it's just some reposted video footage from a month ago.
  • Spends half the week going to crowded public places without a mask.
  • Reposts someone else's story promoting regular Covid testing. Even though Ruby has shown no evidence that she has ever taken a test, even when she had Covid symptoms and was still going to classes and out in public. Even though she constantly refuses to wear a mask in crowded indoor public places. Even though her recent comments highly suggest she isn't vaccinated.
  • Accepts money to promote a problematic brand. Does not declare it as a paid ad. Does no research into the brand before snatching the money from their hands, even though as a vegan, she should already be familiar with PETA and their issues. (Also she isn't a vegan.)
  • Her paid ad for PETA is unsurprisingly poor quality. Bad audio levels, poor delivery, and her stern, pompous and stilted "Did you know...?" turns a serious subject into unintentional self-parody.
  • (Hey, Ruby! Did you know...that Exeter University also carries out 'severe' threshold testing on a variety of animal species, mice included? That is, procedures in which "the animals are likely to experience severe pain, suffering or distress, or long-lasting moderate pain, suffering or distress, or are likely to cause severe impairment of the wellbeing or general condition of the animals". Did you know that they've increased this severe testing on mice year on year for the past few years? Don't single out Bath and Bristol unis and play favourites just because Exeter was stupid enough to let you in and pay you to advertise them.)
  • Posts yet another ad for gifted Miss Patina clothing, even though she's constantly preaching about avoiding fast fashion and being sustainable.
  • Posts another reposted story this time for mental health and child abuse charities to contact over the festive period if needed, but as with literally every single worthwhile cause, she limits the amount of effort she'll exert to a reposted story that'll vanish in 24 hours. She'd only do more than that if they gave her money.

All we need now is another daily routine video compiled from several months' worth of old footage and for her to steal from another charity and she'll have covered it all.
She's absolutely clueless. The singling out some unis but not her own shows she does no research, she just accepts the money.

I don't think she is as smart as she thinks she is. I think she just has good memorisation techniques to pass exams and does an essay based degree where she uses secondary sources to fill her word count.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.