Ruby Granger #20 Waterstones won’t give her a deal, cabbage oats are a ”healthy meal”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The charitable part of me thinks that, but there’s also a bit of me that thinks that Martha has never really taken university seriously and now she’s reached the point where she can’t coast, she’s dropped out.
I agree - second year can hit hard when you've spent all of first year partying and messing about because 'it doesn't count'. Not belittling those that do that but also stay on top of things though.

Reactions: 5
"We were made cups of tea and coffee, with access to a water jug full of ice and lemons."

Mother Granger's writing style is so cringeworthy. She's trying to make things sound more flowery and intellectual.

What's wrong with saying "Serena made us a lovely cup of tea and had even gone to the effort of putting lemon slices into a jug of iced water - I felt like I was being spoiled at a spa!"

But no, she can't just say there was water. They had access to water.

By trying to sound less "common" she has ended up sounding stilted and artificial instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
"We were made cups of tea and coffee, with access to a water jug full of ice and lemons."

Mother Granger's writing style is so cringeworthy. She's trying to make things sound more flowery and intellectual.

What's wrong with saying "Serena made us a lovely cup of tea and had even gone to the effort of putting lemon slices into a jug of iced water - I felt like I was being spoiled at a spa!"

By trying to sound less "common" she has ended up sounding stilted and artificial instead.
It sounds like she's writing a TripAdvisor review of a hotel, instead of a normal visit to a friend's house.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
You guys are giving Martha a lot of credit…she also might’ve just dropped out because she’s lazy, spoiled, and privileged

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Speaking of Mother Granger, her new blog entry is out:

"Recently I was invited to my friend Serena's house with my oldest daughter and hers to do some crafting...
So basically Mother Granger set up a playdate for Ruby to meet other people her age she can call "friends?" That's embarrassing and I don't even which is worse - the fact that Roobe is happy to tag along with her mum or that her mum proudly writes about it on her blog.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You’re not really supposed to blow out candles due to the black smoke (bad for your house and your health), the odor, and the risk of sending sparks flying. I know one recommendation if you don’t have a candle snuffer, is to use a metal spoon.
Didn't know this actually, thanks for the info! I mean I guess if you use candles as much as ruby it would come useful but if you only use them every so often, just seems like additional clutter (IMO).

Reactions: 4

It reeks of passive voice and purple prose. All illogical thoughts wrapped up in pseudo-intellectualism...the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. I'm dying to read one of Rube's academic essays. Don't be shy Pubes, if you're willing to release something like Erimenthol Lark into the world your essays can't be any worse. Oh wait, she's probably scared we are going to *steal" her brilliant ideas (which were already stolen from Blakeney and critical readings).

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Like mother, like daughter

Reactions: 8
Ruby's mum is so wrapped up in her bubble of privilege. Why doesn't she do something like volunteering for her community, rather than having playmates with her friends and crafting dodgy Christmas cards? I'm all for having fun with friends but it seems like her entire personality is being built around her being a zany, crafty mum who hangs around with other middle aged mums and sometimes pretends she's Ruby and Martha's older sister.

The blog post is so poorly written, too. 'carols surrounded from the record player'

Reactions: 19
So basically Mother Granger set up a playdate for Ruby to meet other people her age she can call "friends?" That's embarrassing and I don't even which is worse - the fact that Roobe is happy to tag along with her mum or that her mum proudly writes about it on her blog.
And this is how 95% of Ruby’s social events happen: She hangs out with cousins, or daughters of her parents' friends.

Then she'll post that she spent time with her "friends" to make herself seem more social rather than just embrace who she is like she keeps telling everyone they should and telling everyone that she does.

Reactions: 16
Know I'm kind of late to comment on the gift video, but did she really recommend getting mildliners as a gift after telling people that they are an overrated study product?? Does she not remember what she says from a video made only a week or so ago??

Also, I'm sorry but a seems like the most USELESS invention ever. Has she ever heard of blowing out a candle? Or is that too archaic for her??
I think shes just using every opportunity to show off her mildliners.

Reactions: 1
I really like Ruby's outfit in those restaurant photos actually!

This is slightly off topic since this isn't Molly's threat (do we have one yet??) but my god is she obnoxious. Akin to Ruby creating a frail Victorian waif persona I don't think Molly's at all the person she's trying to create in her vlogs. She tries SO hard to come across as this shy quirky Oxford English geek and it just feels so fake.
OT but somebody pls make a Molly thread 🥺

Reactions: 12
Molly’s vlogs always reminded me of Nayna Florence. I hope we get a Molly Jones page on here someday, because I have thoughts 🙃
I think that's because Nayna also heavily borrows from Moya haha, I like Nayna (don't get me wrong!) but she's not as creative/original as Moya

I really feel for the admins of RubyReads, who seem to genuinely care about discussing books and providing a forum for people to do that. The way Ruby has ghosted her own book club is shameful. I'm just hoping they stage a revolution and change the name/remove her from the group altogether 🤣

Screenshot_20211216-080012_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I really feel for the admins of RubyReads, who seem to genuinely care about discussing books and providing a forum for people to do that. The way Ruby has ghosted her own book club is shameful. I'm just hoping they stage a revolution and change the name/remove her from the group altogether 🤣

View attachment 927128
No doubt Ruby still brags that she has an active book club whenever she does a business call with her management team. The admins have suffered long enough and propped her up for too long. They absolutely need to usurp her and remove her name from it.

Reactions: 33

View attachment 927128
Loool they should ban her from the group

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ufdhgfj.jpg

Ruby's Management: "Merry Christmas! We got you a little something we think you'll love! ;)"
Ruby: "A WATERSTONES DEAL?!?! 🙈"
Ruby's Management: "Um...well, no. This is awkward. We already got that for Jack..."
Ruby: "Oh my gosh, is it a book deal?!?! 💫"
Ruby's Management: "Ah, jeez...This is double awkward. We got that for Vee..."
Ruby: "Well, is it a--"
Ruby's Management: "--Look, it's some dead flowers, okay? Goodbye."

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Re: Her management
I didn’t realize she had management until very recently, and now I’m wondering how her videos are such low quality when she’s got management behind her? Wouldn’t they give her feedback and pointers as to how to improve her YouTube channel? It occurs to me that the other creators I’ve watched under this management (Jade, Vee, Jack) have so much better videography skills. Couldn’t they at least hire an editor for Ruby, if she doesn’t want to improve by herself?

Reactions: 27
Re: Her management
I didn’t realize she had management until very recently, and now I’m wondering how her videos are such low quality when she’s got management behind her? Wouldn’t they give her feedback and pointers as to how to improve her YouTube channel? It occurs to me that the other creators I’ve watched under this management (Jade, Vee, Jack) have so much better videography skills. Couldn’t they at least hire an editor for Ruby, if she doesn’t want to improve by herself?
Those 3 are annoying too however at least they don't constantly use midi file versions of The Nutcracker at deafening volumes and cut their speech off mid-inflection 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.