Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came across this video and I'm pretty sure this is just how Ruby lives her life 24/7.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how talented Karolina is at everything she does? The contrast with our dear Roobert is staggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
she’d have to give 10% discount on mother granger tho, probably no good condition anymore after she fell down the stairs. who can even tell if she‘s still functioning properly? although i guess ruby could sew missing limbs back on.

also i saw someone mention in a previous thread that martha used to give very nice and thoughtful gifts to ruby. was wondering if this was supposed to be ironical or what she actually gave her? (can’t really be bothered to watch her what i got for christmases right now)
Sadly, I think it was true RE: Marfa's presents to RuPaul. They always seemed to be thoughtful and as if Marfa really tried to think of something that suited whatever fantasy or aaaaaaaaaaahsthetic her sister had decided was the thing that she had loved since she was in the womb or whatever. Like a vintage typewriter, the sort of thing that she had to have gone out and chosen rather than ordered last minute off the internet or grabbed quickly at Debenham's (RIP) or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
that would be so weird and so greedy and so ruby
Blakeney: "Will you knock some money off for how dirty it is?"
Ruby: "That's supposed to be like that, it's the new poverty-core aesthetic, it's so, so Dickensian."
Blakeney: "Can't you just wash it?"
Ruby: "You can easily wash it yourself when it gets delivered, with the Kanken it's so, so simple!"
Blakeney: "Delivered?! We're in the same house."
Ruby: "Well you'll be paying for delivery anyway, and I'm having my mummy and daddy bring me home every three days, plus I have to dig through my Kanken closet to find the one I promised you."
Blakeney: "How many do you own?!"
Ruby: "10 in each colour, but that's an investment really because they're so, so sustainable."
Blakeney: "Look, just grab any clean, red Kanken you own, bring it back with you when you come back to uni and discount the delivery charge."
Ruby: "What does that word mean?"
Blakeney: "What word?"
Ruby: "Dees-cahnt...?"
Blakeney: "A diss-count? It's when you voluntarily take less money than you could."
(Ruby faints with shock at this terrifying prospect.)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Sadly, I think it was true RE: Marfa's presents to RuPaul. They always seemed to be thoughtful and as if Marfa really tried to think of something that suited whatever fantasy or aaaaaaaaaaahsthetic her sister had decided was the thing that she had loved since she was in the womb or whatever. Like a vintage typewriter, the sort of thing that she had to have gone out and chosen rather than ordered last minute off the internet or grabbed quickly at Debenham's (RIP) or something.
💀💀 RuPaul hahhaha but tbh they both pretend to sustain causes only to gatekeep them so they can keep their "top" position and then do immensely sketchy stuff behind the scenes

Reactions: 9
Just out of curiosity, do Waterstones actually sponsor anyone? I can’t recall ever seeing anyone with a Waterstones sponsorship so is Ruby not barking up the wrong tree a bit if she wants a bookish sponsorship?
Not a direct sponsorship, but they agreed to stock Jack Edwards' planner in several Waterstones stores.

Considering that Jack and Ruby are repped by the agency and they apparently really went to bat for Jack to get that deal, this must've really been a blow for Ruby's ego after all her Waterstones pandering. She's increased the Waterstones posts ever since.

But Ruby hasn't seemed to realise that her agency fights Jack's corner to secure brand deals like that while ignoring her purely because he gets consistently more views and pulls in more ad revenue, while her views are dwindling. But still she refuses to put any effort into her content to attract a larger audience.

Edit: And speaking of half-assed, nonsensical content, Ruby has posted a glorified Insta story ad for her crappy planner on YouTube, under the guise of a "Cosy Weekend Planning Session" video.

In it, she opens her 2022 planner to March. What better time to start planning for Easter than in November of the previous year?

And her "planning session" consists of opening the planner and looking at empty pages. That's it. No planning takes place.

Her brain is a wasteland.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Obviously fast fashion is bad, but her latest stories are truly baffling when she buys from Miss Patina and regularly accepts brand deals for items she doesn’t actually use.

Reactions: 14
Not a direct sponsorship, but they agreed to stock Jack Edwards' planner in several Waterstones stores.

Considering that Jack and Ruby are repped by the agency and they apparently really went to bat for Jack to get that deal, this must've really been a blow for Ruby's ego after all her Waterstones pandering. She's increased the Waterstones posts ever since.

But Ruby hasn't seemed to realise that her agency fights Jack's corner to secure brand deals like that while ignoring her purely because he gets consistently more views and pulls in more ad revenue, while her views are dwindling. But still she refuses to put any effort into her content to attract a larger audience.
From what little I've seen of Jack's videos, it seems to me he puts a lot more effort in his videos than Ruby, and his bookish video content is more interesting than Ruby's weird mixture of light academia/cottage core/studytube/pro-ana space

Reactions: 22
From what little I've seen of Jack's videos, it seems to me he puts a lot more effort in his videos than Ruby, and his bookish video content is more interesting than Ruby's weird mixture of light academia/cottage core/studytube/pro-ana space
Yup, exactly!

If Ruby put more effort into the quality of her content in general and separated her videos into distinct series (vlogs, hauls, study videos, features, tea reviews), that'd already be a massive improvement over just smashing together a half-assed collection of random footage and disparate ideas into a messy vlog with an incomprehensible title every single time. And she'd be more likely to attract new viewers with distinct series focusing on different things.

If she went a step further and actually focused on content people wanted to see (booktube content, but of course she avoids that since she doesn't actually read books), or videos that brought out the best side of her on camera (any time Ruby's on camera with someone else, she comes off as more relatable and engaging, but she refuses to share the spotlight and edits other people out wherever possible). Jack's at least been smart enough to grow with his audience and cater videos to more viral trends, which is why he's stayed more relevant and maintained a consistently large audience.

But I've never known a lazier YouTuber than Ruby, and she doesn't put the work in because she just thinks she's entitled to a brand deal for saying the company name out loud. This ain't Beetlejuice, Rubes; Waterstones aren't going to materialise with a sponsorship if you keep saying their name.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
So I've seen Jack and some other study youtubers are at social in the city I wonder if Ruby got a invite and turned it down

So I've seen Jack and some other study youtubers are at social in the city I wonder if Ruby got a invite and turned it down
From the kinds of creators advertised on the event's Instagram, I'm presuming Ruby wasn't invited.

Reactions: 4
Ruby has gone to youtuber meetups before and always came off as awkward/uncomfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if she made some excuse to not go or was not invited. It's not like she's close to Jack, Jade, etc as she used to be.

Reactions: 16
Everything aside, Jack's design looks much more youthful, energetic compared to Ruby's childish cutesy planner. I wouldn't buy neither of their overpriced so called products but I wouldn't be surprised if Jack's sales are higher than Ruby.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Her management have took people
Ruby was probably invited, but then she asked for two "acks-tra" invites so that mummy and daddy could come because going alone was out of the question.

Then she would've also suggested that they move the entire event closer to her, like her parents do with all major family plans. She also couldn't stay long as she needs to be home before it gets dark.

Her management then probably gave her invite to someone willing to travel to another city and be social for their Social in the City event.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.