Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s this video, around the 8 minute mark. All she says is she’s reading The Sickness by ”Stephen King”.
I downloaded a sample of one of this author’s books once thinking it was Stephen King (of whom I was a big fan). I could tell by the second page it wasn’t him because the writing was so poor. This was a few years ago so I can’t remember if it was actually poor writing but definitely in comparison to SK - it was obviously not the same person. I’m surprised (and at the same time not at all surprised) she didn’t pick up on it at all.
I think (at the time anyway) he was also self published, at least on the kindle which explains a lot.

Reactions: 10
I just checked this post out. It's completely insane.

Again, there's absolutely nothing wrong with spending a lot of time with parents. If you're lucky enough to have a family you get along well with and enjoy spending a lot of time with, by all means, embrace the time you have with them and enjoy every moment of it. But, like any relationship, it's important to have a well-balanced life outside of them, for their sake and yours. Your entire existence can't be entirely dependent on one person forever. It's not healthy.

It's only been two weeks since she was on holiday with her parents. She's been sending them daily letters, calling them, texting them, video chatting, and now she's posting about them like she's posting as if she's been reunited with them after spending 18 months in a prison camp. She's almost obsessively dependent on the presence of her parents and it's absolutely not normal or good for her.

Also, "absence is the greatest indicator of love" is a completely backwards, mangled sentence - the wording she's used make it seem like the more someone is absent, the more they'll love you, when she hasn't been absent from her parents for any length of time. I think she meant to say "absence makes the heart grow fonder. Again, third year uni student and total bookworm, clearly.
Spot on. The whole post reads like a eulogy for some reason. This type of behaviour is not normal and I don't see how she or anyone else can justify it. I don't want to sound morbid but parents aren't gonna be around forever. So who's she gonna leech onto next?

Reactions: 9
It's so Ruby to fumble words like that and considering how unbelievably doting her own parents have always been, it's unlikely she'd know anything about people whose parents actually haven't been there for much of our lives and don't see them as the apple of their eye - including the great many who grow up barely knowing or not even knowing one of their parents. Yet another tone deaf post

Reactions: 6
“Absence is the greatest indicator of love” = if they’re absent from your life, then they love you..that’s how it reads. I know what she’s trying to say, but to me that’s the completely wrong way to say it
I think she’s trying to say “absence makes the heart grow fonder” but Ruby can’t bear to use a sentence that us normal people who went to poorly funded state schools would understand so she had to claw at her understanding of the English language to put some other words together and thought that was the best she’d come up with 🤨

Reactions: 13
It's so Ruby to fumble words like that and considering how unbelievably doting her own parents have always been, it's unlikely she'd know anything about people whose parents actually haven't been there for much of our lives and don't see them as the apple of their eye - including the great many who grow up barely knowing or not even knowing one of their parents. Yet another tone deaf post
I have to disagree, I think it would be tone deaf if at the end she asked people how much they loved or missed their parents but she doesn’t, and she does acknowledge ‘what home means for the person’ therefore acknowledging that not everyone has home as their parents house.
This world is full of trigger/content warnings etc but I don’t think she shouldn’t ever be able to say how much she loves her parents just because others don’t have a good relationship with theirs.

Reactions: 17
I have to disagree, I think it would be tone deaf if at the end she asked people how much they loved or missed their parents but she doesn’t, and she does acknowledge ‘what home means for the person’ therefore acknowledging that not everyone has home as their parents house.
This world is full of trigger/content warnings etc but I don’t think she shouldn’t ever be able to say how much she loves her parents just because others don’t have a good relationship with theirs.
Yeah, maybe tone deaf isn't exactly the word. Still could do without the long mushy post
Spot on. The whole post reads like a eulogy for some reason. This type of behaviour is not normal and I don't see how she or anyone else can justify it. I don't want to sound morbid but parents aren't gonna be around forever. So who's she gonna leech onto next?
Probably Blakeney or some friend she can be co-dependent with

Reactions: 3
I think she’s trying to say “absence makes the heart grow fonder” but Ruby can’t bear to use a sentence that us normal people who went to poorly funded state schools would understand so she had to claw at her understanding of the English language to put some other words together and thought that was the best she’d come up with 🤨
To me, it sounds like something that Ma Granger has said to Ruby to try to get her to be a little less clingy - ‘no, honestly Ruby, the more time we spend apart the fonder of each other we’ll become …’

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I had a different interpretation - I thought she meant that absence from someone makes you realise whether you really love them. But her words are so garbled, who knows 😂

Reactions: 6
I think it's great that Ruby has such a good relationship with her parents (not so sure about her relation with Martha though) but it's kinda worrying that she can barely go a couple of weeks without seeing them. She's a 21 year old for goodness sake! But it seems that she's become even more dependent on them since she started going to uni. I was watching some of her older study day videos and it seemed quite strange that she could spend all day in her room studying (also having breakfast and lunch in her room) and basically avoiding contact with her family for days on end with no problem all in the name of 'productiviteeee' but now suddenly, she can barely go a few hours without sending an essay-like letter to them? She seems to have regressed more into her childhood fantasies ever since starting uni.

Reactions: 16
i've just found out that e l. james (the author of the 50 shades books) went to the same school as ruby lmaooo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Daddy bones has a hipster unabomber vibe going on and I’m here for it
Untill his company start paying the amount of tax they’re supposed to, I don’t support him or his looks. Yes the government should shut down the loop hole but hey ho

Reactions: 11
I think it's great that Ruby has such a good relationship with her parents (not so sure about her relation with Martha though) but it's kinda worrying that she can barely go a couple of weeks without seeing them. She's a 21 year old for goodness sake! But it seems that she's become even more dependent on them since she started going to uni. I was watching some of her older study day videos and it seemed quite strange that she could spend all day in her room studying (also having breakfast and lunch in her room) and basically avoiding contact with her family for days on end with no problem all in the name of 'productiviteeee' but now suddenly, she can barely go a few hours without sending an essay-like letter to them? She seems to have regressed more into her childhood fantasies ever since starting uni.
I think Ruby's always had issues being on her own. As late as 17 she was afraid to stay home alone by herself and even into university she still struggled with it, having a panic attack and hiding in the bathroom for an hour because she thought someone had broken into the house. It's one of the main reasons she started therapy in the first place. I do think she has a phobia she hasn't quite fully worked through but I also think a big part of this is most likely her parent's tendency to coddle her and rather than encourage her to spread her wings so to speak and spend more time on her own, they treat her as if she's much younger than she really is. Her mum in particular seems the nervous, naturally overprotective sort (on top of her many eccentricities).

Reactions: 11
Damnit, somehow autoplay is on so I just opened Tattle on the morning train and subjected my fellow passengers to HELLO IT’S ROOBEE 😖😂👀

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Screenshot_20211025-064404_Goodreads.jpg

Wait, didn't she claim to have read this already? Did she give up and DNF it, or has she lost track of her lies?

Screenshot_20211025-064424_Goodreads.jpg

She's really swinging for the fences with making tit up these days. There's zero chance she read this.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.