Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It reminds me of a character in one Gilmore Girls episode (because apparently the series is my go-to reference lol): it's the episode in which Ruby goes to a Harvard alumnus's house, and he has two 'perfect' academic children who are clearly favoured and one child who they describe as 'following her own path' (i.e. isn't particularly academic, likes 'rebellious' things, works multiple part-time jobs etc.) - that would be the Martha is this scenario.
I’m not convinced that this is Martha though. I really, really don’t believe that she ‘wasn’t invited’ to a family event. I can see something being an adults-only*, ‘wahey, our kids are back at uni’ type-event and Ruby perhaps tagging along when it wasn’t intended that she attend, but whilst I think the Granger parents are a pair of dippy twits, to deliberately leave one child out of things is cruel and I don’t get that vibe from them at all. I suspect that Martha is as problematic in her own way (she definitely comes across as just as spoiled and indulged as Ruby, but she expresses it differently) and I can’t help but feel there’s a bit of twisting of the truth going on in her version of events.

*edited to add, I did not intend to make it sound like Ruby gatecrashed a swinger’s weekend. What I meant was that if parents had said they were going away for a weekend with their friends then as a young adult I would rather have dug out my eyes with a teaspoon than join them, because it would have been boring as hell and I am sure they would rather just relax without one of their kids hanging round.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Her biweekly posting schedule is biweekly in exactly the same way her daily university vlogs were daily 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well it looks like she has apparently went to London by herself
Screenshot_20211027_230058_com.instagram.android.jpg

Funny though how she had to mention she went by herself instead of just saying "I went to London". She sounds like a child saying "look mum I managed to cross the road by myself". I get the feeling she wants some applause for going there herself without mummy holding her hand incase she got lost.

I also find it odd how it was only mentioned recently on here about her constantly running back home.

Edit: I was watching Benidorm and realised how much Jeff and his mother remind me of Ruby and her mother

benidorm.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Well it looks like she has apparently went to London by herself.View attachment 832480

Funny though how she had to mention she went by herself instead of just saying "I went to London". She sounds like a child saying "look mum I managed to cross the road by myself". I get the feeling she wants some applause for going there herself without mummy holding her hand incase she got lost.

I also find it odd how it was only mentioned recently on here about her constantly running back home.
She means I went to London looked at some books brought some tea got back on the train a hour later

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Well it looks like she has apparently went to London by herself
.View attachment 832480

This is exactly it. She wants praise for acting like an adult, at the age of 21.

But just like her claiming that she's been away from home for 6 weeks and conveniently ignoring all the family holidays, letters, phone calls and video calls in between that have had her tethered to her parents and living at home virtually, she's now painting this London trip as a solo adventure when she spent much of her time there with family.

She was posting videos of her having dinner with family in a London restaurant yesterday. So her parents likely drove her down there, her cousins and family were with her most of the time and then she was alone for half a day at most.

Rubes, wake me when you go a whole month without using your parents as a long-distance taxi service, or video calling your mummy so she can read you a bedtime story.

Reactions: 22
I do think you should celebrate small victories but also it's the bare minimum when most people her age go to work or uni everyday alone. Grackle has done a really good series recently where she goes to london for a few weeks (I think) to try and target her home sickness, she did really fun little things and was producing well shot/edited videos whilst she did it. Ruby might benefit from that she has this tiny little comfort zone and she never seems to leave it, she's going to really struggle post graduation if she decides to work

Reactions: 26
Sorry Rubes, but I don't believe for one second that you spent the whole day and evening in London by yourself. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Aha! This is why she's so afraid of being left at home by herself! Her parents must have gone on holiday without her accidentally and she had to ward off intruders and talk to strangers in the supermarket.
"Hello, it's Roobee and today oiy'm gyowing tyoo bee showing you my morning routine when surviving a home invasion."

• Haha
Reactions: 28
"Hello, it's Roobee and today oiy'm gyowing tyoo bee showing you my morning routine when surviving a home invasion."
Update: After two hours of hiding in the bathroom, I discovered it was just the postman.
Haul video coming soon! #gifted

• Haha
Reactions: 25
And the story stupidity and complete lack of self-awareness continues...

Ruby offering up the hot take that we really need to stop getting caught up in to-do lists of things that aren't important and take time away from things good for our mental health, even though Ruby is the world's biggest proponent of endless, pointless to-do lists and has a whole stationery line devoted to it.

Her radical solution isn't to stop doing that, but to take a 2-3 minute break a day from the redundant busywork to go outside, then get straight back to the toxic productivity.

Every time she goes home, she loses touch of what feeble grasp of reality she already had.

Reactions: 26
And the story stupidity and complete lack of self-awareness continues...

Ruby offering up the hot take that we really need to stop getting caught up in to-do lists of things that aren't important and take time away from things good for our mental health, even though Ruby is the world's biggest proponent of endless, pointless to-do lists and has a whole stationery line devoted to it.

Her radical solution isn't to stop doing that, but to take a 2-3 minute break a day from the redundant busywork to go outside, then get straight back to the toxic productivity.

Every time she goes home, she loses touch of what feeble grasp of reality she already had.
Also Roobee: writes to do lists that structure every second of her life, including tasks such as Breathe (subsection: Inhale, Exhale, Repeat), Walk (subsection: Move legs back and forth until intended destination is reached), Think (subsection: Use brain). The latter is optional so Roobee rarely completes this daily task.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have been reading this thread for a while now, just thought I should finally introduce myself into it.

Ruby is... I don't know. She doesn't seem as bad as some youtubers but she's also not the best

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.