Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Why do Ruby's legs always look scarily thin in her own pictures/videos? Is this some weird editing or mode on her phone? She doesn't look /that/ skinny when she's tagged on pictures with her family (like the surfing pictures from the summer) or in her youtube videos. I feel like she does it on purpose so that people comment about it. There was one comment already about how thin she was now but it's been deleted.
It could also be deliberate, not for 'ed baiting' or whatever, but simply cause this is how she feels more comfortable portraying herself. I mean, when someone takes 20 selfies, they'll post the few where they think they look prettier/have clearer skin/etc. So, with a disordered mind, her focus could be on images that make her appear skinnier.

Reactions: 14

Why do Ruby's legs always look scarily thin in her own pictures/videos? Is this some weird editing or mode on her phone? She doesn't look /that/ skinny when she's tagged on pictures with her family (like the surfing pictures from the summer) or in her youtube videos. I feel like she does it on purpose so that people comment about it. There was one comment already about how thin she was now but it's been deleted.
The surfing pictures are never going to be a great indicator of her actual weight compared to tights since wetsuits look tight-fitting but have padding.

Reactions: 8
Blakeney also read Evanna's memoir and wrote this review:
View attachment 829867
This is why I think Blakeney is not so ‘innocent’ in all of this; I suspect she and Roobee collude with an eating disorder and almost encourage it in all their joint living. She is a willing and active participant in their friendship and perhaps has “shared” her Ed with Roobee.

Reactions: 27
This is why I think Blakeney is not so ‘innocent’ in all of this; I suspect she and Roobee collude with an eating disorder and almost encourage it in all their joint living. She is a willing and active participant in their friendship and perhaps has “shared” her Ed with Roobee.
There's also the possibility that Blakeney openly has an eating disorder and Ruby just started imitating that aspect of her personality along with everything else she copies.

It would explain why Blakeney reached out to and became friends with Molly (and then Ruby subsequently latched onto her, too).

Reactions: 34
I can't really see Ruby making any type of recovery content for now, it doesn't seem like she's in recovery at all. Also recovery content would mean that everyone in her life is aware of her ED, and I honestly don't think that many people around her know about it. She seems like the type to hide it as much as possible.

Reactions: 16
There's also the possibility that Blakeney openly has an eating disorder and Ruby just started imitating that aspect of her personality along with everything else she copies.

It would explain why Blakeney reached out to and became friends with Molly (and then Ruby subsequently latched onto her, too).
I’ve been thinking this for a while, except Ruby’s been reading books about anorexia since 2017-18 or so, so she’s had an interest probably way before she met Blakeney.

I can't really see Ruby making any type of recovery content for now, it doesn't seem like she's in recovery at all. Also recovery content would mean that everyone is her life is aware of her ED, and I honestly don't think that many people around her know about it. She seems like the type to hide it as much as possible.
I agree in the sense that she’s definitely not in recovery. But I could easily see her performing recovery, because she’s certainly been very performative about her eating disorder. It’s like she’s learned all the tips and tricks from books etc, and she thinks recovery is the same way, when you want to ”snap out of it” you can just follow these 8 simple steps.

I’m of the opinion that people around her are aware that she has a problem, but they’re either afraid to call her out/confront her, or just find it easier to enable her.

I also don’t think she’s trying to hide it at all, on the contrary. She’d deny it if confronted, sure, but then turn around and post more triggering content, knowing full well what she’s doing. She’s seen the comments she’s deleted. She knows.

Reactions: 19
It doesn't do Ruby any favours - it seems like Martha is better off without that sort of coddling.

Not that it wouldn't still make Martha feel like an afterthought. I wonder if it hurts her feelings, while at the same time being relieved she doesn't get that sort of attention.
I had a very similar childhood with one sibling being the ‘golden girl’, parents dropping everything, would drive miles and miles on a whim for her, sent her to private school at the drop of a hat etc and I… would get shouted at for needing 60p for the bus to school.
I got through it by telling myself at least I was grounded and could live in the real world once required to. Which seems to be the case with Marfa. But I can’t see how it doesn’t hurt even if she doesn’t show it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I had a very similar childhood with one sibling being the ‘golden girl’, parents dropping everything, would drive miles and miles on a whim for her, sent her to private school at the drop of a hat etc and I… would get shouted at for needing 60p for the bus to school.
I got through it by telling myself at least I was grounded and could live in the real world once required to. Which seems to be the case with Marfa. But I can’t see how it doesn’t hurt even if she doesn’t show it.
I'm sorry that you're childhood was like that! I think, though, that Martha didn't come out of her childhood/that family perfectly okay. She shows performativity when she acts like she's working class. Feel free to take this with a grain of salt, as I'm American but still generally familiar with different British accents, but I don't think Martha's accent is organic, either. Both sisters are playing pretend in their own ways.

Reactions: 17
And extra points for him being given it by a teacher instead of making and awarding it to himself like Ruby does every day!
Its got pride of place on my fridge and the other half brought him a kinder egg on the way home today

Reactions: 8

This has been my thought for a while, largely based on the fact that Blakeney reached out to Molly - who, until recently, was primarily known on social media for “recovery” content. It seems hard to explain how B “met” Molly other than it being linked to EDs/recovery.

Reactions: 15
The town Ruby lives near has the average house price of over a million pounds - I knew Ruby was privileged but I think that puts into perspective just how privileged she is

• Wow
Reactions: 24
The town Ruby lives near has the average house price of over a million pounds - I knew Ruby was privileged but I think that puts into perspective just how privileged she is
Yep. Even rental prices are astronomical (as we've seen in Rubella's cottage), there's a reason both my brother and I don't live anywhere even close any more. Can't afford to.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
sometimes I watch her old videos and she say's thing that really make me question my life, she said in assumptions video she dressed up as Russel brand for halloween and I'm sorry what?? hahahaha I want to see it because it's just so far away from what I expected her to say she dressed up as

• Haha
Yeah she lives in half of a manor house too 😅

Reactions: 3
Judging by Martha's recent Instagram livestream, she apparently wasn't made aware of the family trip to Devon until after the fact and didn't get invited.

Which seems par for the course - all family events are planned around Ruby, and her parents will happily drive hundreds of miles to chauffeur her around, but Martha has to get the train by herself to and from uni and is mostly an afterthought to her parents.
It reminds me of a character in one Gilmore Girls episode (because apparently the series is my go-to reference lol): it's the episode in which Ruby goes to a Harvard alumnus's house, and he has two 'perfect' academic children who are clearly favoured and one child who they describe as 'following her own path' (i.e. isn't particularly academic, likes 'rebellious' things, works multiple part-time jobs etc.) - that would be the Martha is this scenario.

• Heart
It reminds me of a character in one Gilmore Girls episode (because apparently the series is my go-to reference lol): it's the episode in which Ruby goes to a Harvard alumnus's house, and he has two 'perfect' academic children who are clearly favoured and one child who they describe as 'following her own path' (i.e. isn't particularly academic, likes 'rebellious' things, works multiple part-time jobs etc.) - that would be the Martha is this scenario.
I love that your phone autocorrect went for Ruby instead of Rory🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

What happened to the super thick tights she was so privileged to buy

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.