Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
unrelated but what will Ruby think now that Holly Gabrielle, her role model, has shared that she's horny again (yes, she's basically saying this in her latest video, because she has no friends to share it with)
she will add Holly's channel to her 'no-no list'

• Haha
Reactions: 18
im 99% sure this is a middle aged man. it gives me creepy vibes. and ruby does... check off that kind of criteria I think.
maybe she's smarter than all of us and this was her goal all along
Exactly, the way it’s written screams that to me and he’s already made similar comments in her other videos 🤢🤢
A407B957-5EB5-4FDB-8CA6-D5BC3A39BFE7.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What a pervert! Think Ruby's noticed or is she completely oblivious?

Ruby has become uncomfortably similar to Holly.
Without the self awareness, though

Reactions: 1
I feel like adding that it's strange to worry about what other people think at this age. I worried about whether people would judge me for not wearing jeans when I was a tween and early teen. At uni I wore whatever I wanted, and because people rarely saw me every single day, no one cared what I wore or didn't wear. But jeans are useful for some situations, especially for walking around in forests, or traveling on public transport when it's damp outside, or sitting in a drafty library. I guess cords are another option, but why rule out wearing jeans in situations like that? Maybe we all want to look like we stepped out of a novel, but it's silly to do that when you can still look cute wearing practical clothing.
Now there are so many options for jeans as well, you don't have to wear skinny jeans if you're uncomfortable, you can get wide-legged jeans, boyfriend jeans, mom jeans, bell bottoms, straight-legged jeans, basically anything you might want. It's quite silly to refuse to wear an item that has so many different iterations you can choose from.

Reactions: 8
I had to laugh at her rant about tights saying she is privileged that she can buy thick tights
Ummm I get mine from asda
Yeah, I don't think she understands what people mean when they want her to acknowledge her privilege. Like, at ALL.

Reactions: 19
Yeah, I don't think she understands what people mean when they want her to acknowledge her privilege. Like, at ALL.
It's because in her mind people who are less privileged than her are Victorian street children blowing on their hands in winter and walking barefoot because they can't afford socks. She doesn't realize that she's probably significantly wealthier than the majority of her audience

Reactions: 11
533ED6F0-75E2-429A-9E82-A0926D608854.jpeg
6FF7730C-8BB7-4806-B2A8-CC148A60DEF8.png

Pathetic copycat, she only started doing this and the stern finger recently. Clearly has developed a bit of an obsession with HollyG and uses her as some kind of ana/thinspo queen. The identical hand gestures, the clear glasses, the bun with unruly flyaways, the tight black shirts, this is all new for our roobes

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Acknowledging privilege has become a ‘thing’ that a lot of people online do without having any understanding of what it actually means - it’s like when people apologise because they’ve been told they should, and not because they have any genuine understanding of what they did wrong and why their actions may have hurt someone. In some ways, I wish that people like Ruby wouldn’t bother with this whole ‘I know I’m really, really lucky to do/buy/visit/have whatever but …’ schtick because all this does is make it really, really obvious that they don’t understand what privilege is. It’s not just about being able to buy the the stuff, Ruby, it’s about having a big home (and a cottage …) to store it in and parents with vehicles that can drag it up and down the motorway for you, it’s being able to hoard stuff and call it ‘aesthetic’ and make a career out of that without the kind of judgement that a person of a different colour, class or size might face. Cosplaying poverty by pretending that you can’t buy all of the books you want isn’t you showing that you understand privilege, it’s just patronising.

Reactions: 24
I feel like adding that it's strange to worry about what other people think at this age. I worried about whether people would judge me for not wearing jeans when I was a tween and early teen. At uni I wore whatever I wanted, and because people rarely saw me every single day, no one cared what I wore or didn't wear. But jeans are useful for some situations, especially for walking around in forests, or traveling on public transport when it's damp outside, or sitting in a drafty library. I guess cords are another option, but why rule out wearing jeans in situations like that? Maybe we all want to look like we stepped out of a novel, but it's silly to do that when you can still look cute wearing practical clothing.
Literally, I have 3 outfits I currently wear to university. No one notices what you wear to lectures and no one cares either.

Reactions: 27
View attachment 817888View attachment 817890
Pathetic copycat, she only started doing this and the stern finger recently. Clearly has developed a bit of an obsession with HollyG and uses her as some kind of ana/thinspo queen. The identical hand gestures, the clear glasses, the bun with unruly flyaways, the tight black shirts, this is all new for our roobes
This gesture...doesn't Jade do it as well? Ruby seems to take "inspiration" from multiple places but I think the ED baiting is all Holly

Reactions: 4
Acknowledging privilege has become a ‘thing’ that a lot of people online do without having any understanding of what it actually means - it’s like when people apologise because they’ve been told they should, and not because they have any genuine understanding of what they did wrong and why their actions may have hurt someone. In some ways, I wish that people like Ruby wouldn’t bother with this whole ‘I know I’m really, really lucky to do/buy/visit/have whatever but …’ schtick because all this does is make it really, really obvious that they don’t understand what privilege is. It’s not just about being able to buy the the stuff, Ruby, it’s about having a big home (and a cottage …) to store it in and parents with vehicles that can drag it up and down the motorway for you, it’s being able to hoard stuff and call it ‘aesthetic’ and make a career out of that without the kind of judgement that a person of a different colour, class or size might face. Cosplaying poverty by pretending that you can’t buy all of the books you want isn’t you showing that you understand privilege, it’s just patronising.
How should she acknowledge these things? Without putting emphasis on them in a show-off way? Genuine questions, I'm thinking about it but can't quite find a solution

Reactions: 6
How should she acknowledge these things? Without putting emphasis on them in a show-off way? Genuine questions, I'm thinking about it but can't quite find a solution
No idea - honestly, I don’t really see why people have to, especially when it’s clear it’s an empty gesture. Nobody’s watching Ruby for social commentary (and if they are, Lord help them) so should she feel she has to constantly acknowledge that she has a lot when other people have much, much less? It’s not like it’s not obvious and that viewers can’t see that. If anything it’s Ruby herself who doesn’t seem to realise what ‘less’ actually means in the real world. We all seem to expect so much from ’celebrities’ these days and it’s inevitable they’re just going to disappoint us when they then come out with comments or opinions that are tasteless, tactless, ill-informed or just plain stupid, so why do we force people to court controversy? ’Ruby Granger’ is about pens and buying lots of stuff and tea and weird opinions on productivity. If you’re watching her channel for incisive social commentary and sensitive, informed views on poverty and privilege then I think you’ll be a bit disappointed.

Reactions: 16
Personally… when I think about my privilege (and I’m not rich and grew up in a poor family) I think about how lucky I am to be born in the UK and to have had access to education - I think if I was ever going to acknowledge this publicly I guess it just needs to sound genuine?
I think the issue with Ruby is that is doesn’t sound genuine and comes at random places eg says she’s privileged to buy thick tights but not to be receiving so much free stuff when kids can’t get a good education because they don’t have access to IT. That’s what shows she doesn’t actually understand it.
I agree it’s become a witch hunt lately with every celeb (especially during the pandemic how no one rich is allowed to have struggled if they have a big house to spend lockdown in etc).
However with Ruby it’s just obvious she’s seen so many messages calling her out for being privileged so thrown in a statement acknowledging it as a get-out clause which has totally missed the point.

Reactions: 13
I mean, we have a user on here who claims she doesn't have heating, sweaters, can't afford food, shelter from rain, only uses bic pens and doesn't own shoes because that's too expensive continuously getting triggered by Ruby for buying pens and liking autumn. Then there was even a girl (probably the same one lol) who got mad at Ruby for having a table to study on because "some people don't have the privilege to own tables in their houses and therefore can't study and be productive" which makes Ruby's study routines with tables toxic.

I wonder how many of these call out posts are just people from first world countries fantasizing about struggle in order to have something to complain about even though the thing they claim triggered them is just a perfectly normal and acceptable thing in our world and we all do it/have it unless literally homeless.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I mean, we have a user on here who claims she doesn't have heating, sweaters, can't afford food, shelter from rain, only uses bic pens and doesn't own shoes because that's too expensive continuously getting triggered by Ruby for buying pens and liking autumn. Then there was even a girl (probably the same one lol) who got mad at Ruby for having a table to study on because "some people don't have the privilege to own tables in their houses and therefore can't study and be productive" which makes Ruby's study routines with tables toxic.

I wonder how many of these call out posts are just people from first world countries fantasizing about struggle in order to have something to complain about even though the thing they claim triggered them is just a perfectly normal and acceptable thing in our world and we all do it/have it unless literally homeless.
Wait what? When tf did this happen? (genuinely asking because I don’t remember anyone actually saying this and I may have missed it)

Reactions: 13
i honestly don't know anyone who has multiple coats lol. i live in korea atm and myself and everyone who i know has one long padded coat for winter. at home country i have one more lined coat that i got from asos a few years back, that's it!
Perhaps that is really strange in Korea ( I am taking your word for it ) but for the overwhelming majority of us in the west it is perfectly normal to have more than one piece of winter outerwear per person. Unless you are literally homeless and own nothing. It is not a sign or privilege or outrageous spending habits or being a strange person in general.

also the comment she made, "if you wear something nice, you're telling yourself the day is worth something." hmmm pretty sure when i wear a tracksuit and a jumper and spend the day at my home with my family relaxing or doing chores, the day is definitely still worth something.
Holly G would agree with you 🤣

Wait what? When tf did this happen? (genuinely asking because I don’t remember anyone actually saying this and I may have missed it)
The bic girl who got triggered by Ruby buying writing tools is from either the last Ruby thread or the one before that one, the autumn trigger girl posted pretty recently - somebody please send her a sweater, and the table girl is from when I first joined this community.
I remember the table privilege post having many likes and literally nobody was telling the poster to go offline and get help. It really made me question wtf I just got myself into by joining here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Perhaps that is really strange in Korea ( I am taking your word for it ) but for the overwhelming majority of us in the west it is perfectly normal to have more than one piece of winter outerwear per person. Unless you are literally homeless and own nothing. It is not a sign or privilege or outrageous spending habits or being a strange person in general.
Um, well. I live in the West, in a cold climate. Not homeless. I had one "heavy winter coat" and one fall coat for a very long time. Now I have two fall coats - because a tailor held my other one hostage for so long that I needed to buy something to tide me over.

I have had my heavy coat ah... for a long time. 9 years! I get it cleaned every year and repaired as needed. I'll be sad to part with it someday; it wasn't outlandishly expensive but obviously has held up so well. I still get compliments on it.

Sure, it is perfectly normal to have multiple pieces of outerwear! But come on, it is also normal for many people to just have one winter coat . . . doesn't require being homeless or having "literally nothing."

Reactions: 11
Ruby tries desperately to brand herself as unique by describing her fashionstyle as "dark academia" while all I see are bland colors, unironed Miss Patina shirts and mismatching outfits. Boring as hell.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.