Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw that Ruby had posted a new video and when I read the title on the thumbnail '35 outfit ideas for university' I literally choked on my cup of tea. Excuse me but I'm happy with wearing my boring but quick jeans and t-shirt but go off I guess.
If it were 10 outfits I would understand the concept, but 35 outfits in one video, seems so random ?! 🤣

Reactions: 15
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 20.17.51.png

Bodychecking aside, I don't really care how Ruby dresses, I get that she's chasing that 'forever childlike' look, but FGS if you're going to make a video, make sure the clothes are clean and not stained 😨

• Sick
Reactions: 22
What's with all the preaching?

We need to normalise wearing X
We need to let go of the idea that we should only wear Y
We shouldn't have to wear Z if we don't want to...

And why is she so defensive about not wearing jeans? Nobody gives a duck...?

Also, what a hypocrite. She claims she doesn't buy brands and only shops secondhand??!! Gimme a break. How many Miss Patina things does she have? I guess it doesn't count if it was gifted.

If it's so important to her to keep re-wearing certain items over and over again, why the hell does she own over 200 pieces of clothing? The same skirt in 3 different colours, the same jacket in 5 different fabrics... She could literally wear a different outfit every day for a year and not run out.

Preaching about sustainability and shopping responsibly after showing us 35 "essentials" we all "hopefully" should be able to get if we are patient enough and wait for the the universe to manifest it for us - this is just taking the piss now. I'm baffled by the cognitive dissonance of this middle-aged granny toddler.

Reactions: 41
actually, she has few beautiful pieces I would even wear some of them but generally, her style is kind of weird and out of place ( i hope out of place is the right term to use )
by the way, she should be more careful with her hairline I lost a lot of hair last year, and it's really hard to grow them back.

Reactions: 8
What's with all the preaching?

We need to normalise wearing X
We need to let go of the idea that we should only wear Y
We shouldn't have to wear Z if we don't want to...

And why is she so defensive about not wearing jeans? Nobody gives a duck...?
In my experience, as a university student in a big city you can wear pretty much whatever the duck you want. I mean maybe someone's gonna think "ew wtf is she wearing" but that's about it. It's not middle school, Ruby, nobody's gonna bully you because you don't wear jeans or whatever. She's defensive about her clothes because she herself is insecure about them and she's projecting.

Reactions: 31
Why would she pose in front of her fireplace? We can barely see the clothes? If you want to show your black pants don't use something black as your background!

Reactions: 6
Rubes, get some nice petite womens' clothing that fits you properly. I'm not talking about sizing I mean like the seams and cuts of blazers/skirts look nicer when you get items made for shorter women with shorter proportions. It makes a big difference in looking put together. That corduroy blazer looks like it was pulled out of an old dress-up bin. Disclaimer - I say this as someone who dresses like Molly Weasley so I can't really comment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
she has some pretty pieces but just can't style, which is fine I don't think everyone has to look immaculate at all times but when she's pushing this fashion agenda she could make an effort. I can't put my finger on why it all looks so idk the right word, dishevelled maybe? It's all the mis matched colours and patterns paired with the lack of ironing and hair styling it just makes her look sort of messy.
The new sailor blouse she has in lovely, that styled with that cream checked shirt and a brown sweater vest some skin coloured tights with wool socks and a nice chunky loafer with her hair down would look so pretty.
I'm on a one woman mission to get ruby to cut her hair into a blunt shoulder length cut she would look really nice

Reactions: 28
This is kind of off-topic, but where does a very short person like myself get one of those camel coats that will actually fit? 😫

Reactions: 4
I only take one thing from the video: when you try on so many clothes, it's impossible not to notice your own body, how the clothes fit. And I don't think it's recommended for a person with a potential ed to spend an hour or two looking at their body. The apathetic look on her face says a lot.

On the other hand, her "style" consists of putting layer upon layer upon layer until her figure is hidden. Not a single tight-fitting item. And I couldn't help noticing how she hunched her back, I don't know if it's not to show off her figure or to show off her collarbones...

Reactions: 16
the proportions of her outfits are so weird. like the way her skirts are such an awkward length it looks like she’s wearing them on her hips instead of her waist and how she just lets her tops hang down instead of tucking them in lmao. that being said i thought her wednesday and friday outfits of the week weren’t totally awful.

Reactions: 12
I'm on a one woman mission to get ruby to cut her hair into a blunt shoulder length cut she would look really nice
Do you not remember last year when her mom cut a couple of inches off and she freaked out

Reactions: 14
I only take one thing from the video: when you try on so many clothes, it's impossible not to notice your own body, how the clothes fit. And I don't think it's recommended for a person with a potential ed to spend an hour or two looking at their body. The apathetic look on her face says a lot.

On the other hand, her "style" consists of putting layer upon layer upon layer until her figure is hidden. Not a single tight-fitting item. And I couldn't help noticing how she hunched her back, I don't know if it's not to show off her figure or to show off her collarbones...
She doesn't like to show the 'adultness' of her figure - that although she's not that curvy underneath all those layers she must have boobs and hips to some degree. I think it's about looking childlike - which is the same reason she is happy to expose her legs, because short skirts and tights are still a 'young' combination when styled as she does. Honestly all her ED behaviours strike me as being tied to an obsession with being childlike and inability to accept a normally changed body shape.

Reactions: 26
Now starting to doubt myself over the pronunciation of Culottes. Is it actually Coo-lots? I've always said it as Clots. Now I'm worried thst Ruby is right haha.

Now starting to doubt myself over the pronunciation of Culottes. Is it actually Coo-lots? I've always said it as Clots. Now I'm worried thst Ruby is right haha.
I just came here to say that "coolottes" is driving me insane, I'm pretty sure it's cuh-lottes.

Reactions: 15
I keep thinking how nice she'd look in a 'basic girl autumn' look like this; I bet she has half the items in her wardrobe already but she would never put together a combination that was so 'adult woman' and showed off her figure/shape as this would. She honestly has plenty to work with and we've seen in Martha's video that she can scrub up pretty ok when pushed out her comfort zone. Imagine this, with a messy side bun and a relaxed, confident stride. It's so unlike her but she would look great IMO.

I say 'queue-lots' and I'm from the Midlands but like, posh Midlands :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I keep thinking how nice she'd look in a 'basic girl autumn' look like this; I bet she has half the items in her wardrobe already but she would never put together a combination that was so 'adult woman' and showed off her figure/shape as this would. She honestly has plenty to work with and we've seen in Martha's video that she can scrub up pretty ok when pushed out her comfort zone. Imagine this, with a messy side bun and a relaxed, confident stride. It's so unlike her but she would look great IMO.
If the jeans were swapped for a skirt she probably would wear it

I had to laugh at her rant about tights saying she is privileged that she can buy thick tights
Ummm I get mine from asda

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.