Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea - honestly, I don’t really see why people have to, especially when it’s clear it’s an empty gesture. Nobody’s watching Ruby for social commentary (and if they are, Lord help them) so should she feel she has to constantly acknowledge that she has a lot when other people have much, much less? It’s not like it’s not obvious and that viewers can’t see that. If anything it’s Ruby herself who doesn’t seem to realise what ‘less’ actually means in the real world. We all seem to expect so much from ’celebrities’ these days and it’s inevitable they’re just going to disappoint us when they then come out with comments or opinions that are tasteless, tactless, ill-informed or just plain stupid, so why do we force people to court controversy? ’Ruby Granger’ is about pens and buying lots of stuff and tea and weird opinions on productivity. If you’re watching her channel for incisive social commentary and sensitive, informed views on poverty and privilege then I think you’ll be a bit disappointed.
For me it's mostly how she skirts aroud the issue in such a disingenuous way, like when she does her what I got for Christmas hauls, she goes on and on about the true meaning of Christmas and how she's so privileged and so so lucky to be able to spend time with friends and family and how that's the best gift she got that year and how quality family time is the best things about Christmas... and now, on to the PRESENTSSS! (And by the way she totally doesn't mean to brag or show off, it's just that it was so very highly, highly requested!)

And in an interview, she was outright asked if she was privileged and she came out with something like, heck yeeah, I'm so privileged to have such a supportive family who enable me to achieve so much. And iirc when someone asked if she was posh she was like "what does posh even mean? There are so many different definitions of that, it could mean anything." But no, by her own definition she is not posh.

Reactions: 16
Late to the outfit video party and all I can say is…if school uniformcore was a thing it would be Roobee, whether it’s a deliberate or subconscious choice that’s all I can see from her outfits

Reactions: 14
Perhaps that is really strange in Korea ( I am taking your word for it ) but for the overwhelming majority of us in the west it is perfectly normal to have more than one piece of winter outerwear per person. Unless you are literally homeless and own nothing. It is not a sign or privilege or outrageous spending habits or being a strange person in general.
hey i'm an australian hahaha, hence why owning numerous coats is different. again, everyone i know in australia only has 1-2 coats. i can't remember exactly what ruby said and im not rewatching the video, it was just the way she seemed to emphasise having different coats that piqued my interest especially as i'm living in korea currently and most people i know choose to spend a decent chunk of money on one coat to last them a few winters lol. i would also have to disagree, in some cases owning more than a handful of coats would definitely be a sign of privilege as good quality lined coats (plus winter puffers) can cost hundreds of dollars! anyway enough of the coat talk lol

Literally, I have 3 outfits I currently wear to university. No one notices what you wear to lectures and no one cares either.
agree!!!!! i took me until now in my life to finally be comfortable and realise that literally nooooooo one cares (in a good way) about what you're wearing as an adult!

Reactions: 2
How should she acknowledge these things? Without putting emphasis on them in a show-off way? Genuine questions, I'm thinking about it but can't quite find a solution
I'm not sure that's possible for Ruby, she comes off far too smug when trying to be humble, whether intentional or not, and is too detached from the reality of everyday life for most people.

The ability to say "I recognise I'm in a very fortunate position to be a homeowner with a big back yard, but here are some places everyone can visit to get some fresh air and enjoy the scenery outdoors" and have it not come off as braggery depends entirely on the charisma, voice and personality of the person saying it. Ruby is devoid of charisma, and any time she tries to say things like that, she can't help but be either completely smug or completely robotic.

The massive problem with Ruby is that she assumes she's the centre of the universe - not just that she believes she deserves attention and praise at all times, but she believes that her entire audience will be like her, with all the same benefits and privileges, and anyone else simply has never entered her thoughts or consideration.

She's had that bred into her by her parents, and she's lived in a world of pampered, rich Tory fantasy for so long that she has no idea how normal people live. So we get her shopping at Waitrose as a student and acting like that's what normal students do. We get her talking about massive backyard fields as if all people have them.

She's all she thinks about. Rich, pampered white children are all she reads about. She skips over the sections of books that aren't about people like her. So she's never bothered thinking about life from the perspective of anyone else. It's why she really should stop making instructional videos for students and young people - it only shows how out of touch with reality she is.

She approaches her content from her own place of privilege and wealth, and directs her content at either people just like her or people who aspire to have that wealth. She's confused and taken aback when people bring it up, because she simply didn't think about other people with different lifestyles existing and doesn't actually know what she has that they don't. I don't even think there's any intentional malice there with her when it comes to that, it's just her narcissism doing its thing. Her content and products are all made for an audience of one, and her name's Ruby.

Honestly, I'd have so much more respect for her if she just owned her privilege, accepted it and moved on to talk about other things. People would still watch, but at least she'd have some sliver of integrity. Instead, she lies to make herself seem relatable. It's her default reaction to all things, big and small - just lie. In just her last video, she lies about paying for everything herself, lies about buying everything second-hand, lies about cycling to campus. And when she lies, she puts on a smug face and a smug voice, and it only calls attention to her lies and privilege that much more.

Reactions: 24
HOLY FVCKing Everything. She is scary skinny. So many body checks in her outfit of the week or minute or whatever. Watch 6:02 "it doesn't interfere with the shape so much" translation: it doesn't make me look fat.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I'm just gonna leave this here and wait for @gossip_guy's commentary
Meanwhile, at the Pumpkin Productivity warehouse:

fire-sale-everything-must-go.gif

That's right, Ruby and her company reps finally realised that nobody was buying any of Ruby's notebooks because selling a cheaply-made, poor quality notebook to students for £9 is ludicrous.

They've now reduced the price of the planners (temporarily, of course) by 20%, making them only £7.20, and thus only £7.20 overpriced! The ribbons, however, are still full price.

Ukhioh.png

But wait... The discount code on the website is different...

Ukhih.jpg

Which one is the right discount code?

5r3enl.jpg

Unsurprisingly, the one that Ruby posted on her Pumpkin Productivity Instagram - you know, the one most of her audience will actually see - is the wrong one.

They're not just stopping at a simple, far-too-small-to-make-a-difference discount though. Ruby's going all-out media blitz to advertise "The Notebook", because apparently pricing it at a reasonable and affordable amount relative to its quality is off the table.

Ruby has posted a bunch of Insta stories on the Pumpkin Productivity page (but not her own Instagram) to highlight the selling points, which include the fact that you can pick it up:

Ukhioioh.jpg

Also it has dotted pages, which Ruby is either embarrassed by, or disbelieving of, but whatever she's trying to convey with her random emoji use, she forgot to close her brackets/parentheses:

Ukhioih.png

And then she showed the notebook dumped on top of the device that she actually uses to take all her notes:

Ukhioiohhh.jpg

Ruby also filled out a notebook to show an example of how they should be used, in her mind:

Ukhioioohhh.png

Thanks to CSI-style image-enhancing technological wizardry and top secret spy magic, I've been able to see the contents of Ruby's notebook and have shared the details below:

1. [Not included]

Ruby was in such a rush to be a gifted child, that she skipped learning the number 1 and moved right to number 2, which is ironic in many ways.

2. Things to do when switched off

Ruby means this literally. In a shocking development, like Haley Joel Osment in the film 'A.I.: Artificial Intelligence', Ruby is a humanoid robot created for rich people to own to replace dead or disappointing children.

Unfortunately, over time, her battery cells are depleting, leading to increased stupidity, excessive, uncoordinated squinting, blinking and wild, threatening hand gestures.

"Switching off" and being stored in a cupboard for a few days saves on battery power, and allows the people around her some peace and quiet.

When Ruby switches off, she plans to dream about frolicking in fields full of money while people chant her name and send her packages of free things she will never use.

3. Educational videos to watch

This appears to just be a list of Ruby's Victorian routine videos, which I assumed must be a mistake, but apparently not.

4. Pumpkin Productivity ideas

After naming her last product 'The Notebook', Ruby will continue to name all her future products after Ryan Gosling movies in hopes of getting some accidental purchases from confused grandmothers doing their Christmas shopping.

A sneak peak at Pumpkin Productivity's upcoming line-up:
  • 'Drive': A Pumpkin Productivity-branded USB stick in muted amber for storing all your essential data in "autominal" style no matter the season! 128mb capacity. No other sizes available. Priced £55.99.
  • 'Crazy, Stupid, Love': A Pumpkin Productivity-branded correction fluid pen, for whiting out all those horrifying, intrusive scenes of romance, character development, teenage life, adult themes and realistic depictions of human beings that you encounter in the books you read. Priced £34.99 (1 pen included.)
  • 'Stay': A pair of cast-iron shackles for bolting your best friend/roommate to the radiator if they try to leave you. Priced £199.99.
  • 'Blade Runner 2049': A pair of scissors, pre-rusted for that vintage Victorian aesthetic. Running with scissors encouraged. Priced £2049.
5. YouTube ideas

The only writing on this page is 'Write letter to YouTube and ask them to change the logo colour to "Autominal Amber" to celebrate Autumn all year round. Aside from a scribbled note saying 'More daily routines?', the rest of the page is blank.

6. Why we need humanitiez

This page only contains a reminder note to Ruby: "Research what humanity means." She has yet to mark this as completed.

7. [Blank]

The number 7 is Ruby's unlucky number, so she has skipped this, like buildings in Japan that don't have a 13th floor. Instead of simply skipping straight to the number 8 Ruby tore out the 7th chapter pages be torn out and buried them in a landfill. Ruby has ensured that all copies of 'The Notebook' have had this section removed and buried for added convenience to buyers.

8. Random doodies

You really don't want to know what was smeared on this page.

(From this point on, Ruby's mind appeared to be declining, as her spelling and handwriting only got more incoherent.)

9. Dickens jeminar intro notez

This section only contains the sentence "I have read Sketches by Boz!" over and over again, like Jack Torrance's insane typing in The Shining.

All-work-and-no-play.jpg

It is still highly unlikely that Ruby has actually read Sketches by Boz.

10. Term one assejjmenD

In this section, Ruby has given herself First grades for everything, despite not yet completing the first term.

11. My academic intereih

This section contains the following:

"My name is Ruby, I am 12 21 years old. I like books what have pritty covers and I like letters, but letters are hard to rite becuz I have to consuntrayt and also my mummy has stopped holding my hand and taking me to the post box and this is why letters arent my favurit thing aneemore. My new favorett thing is autumn becuz there are lots of leevs. My best thing I lerned about leevz is that they come from trees and so this is my most forveret acadd aducam school thing to listen abowt."

12. Johanna meenng notei

This appears to be notes detailing an interview for a potential new friend.

The negative feedback for this Johanna person only says "Not Blakeney enough."

Then there's a map to where the body is buried.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Skimmed through the comments on the bodychecking video, and it looks like she’s deleted some comments, including one that explained (very gently I thought) what bodychecking is, and why it’s harmful. So she’s seen the comments. She’s doing this deliberately. Asshole.

Reactions: 34
Y’all are freaking out about books being germy, a guy once told me that he knew guys who had a competitions to see how much change they could fit under their foreskins, the winner would get all the change and buy McDonald’s.

I’m gonna let ruby touching books slide.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Y’all are freaking out about books being germy, a guy once told me that he knew guys who had a competitions to see how much change they could fit under their foreskins, the winner would get all the change and buy McDonald’s.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Can't see ruby doing this though? she vegan x

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Reading comprehension 0.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Bruh I literally just opened this site 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
HOLY FVCKing Everything. She is scary skinny. So many body checks in her outfit of the week or minute or whatever. Watch 6:02 "it doesn't interfere with the shape so much" translation: it doesn't make me look fat.
Just a reminder these are the exact type of comments ruby wants to hear. When people tell me I look skinny it just reinforces my dangerous habits as someone with anorexia.
Let’s comment on how ridiculous she is but try and refrain from talking about her being thin/anything to do with weight.
No attack on you at all! Just thought it was the right time to mention it

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Okay, I've never made a post here before (hi), but I fell asleep last night reading this forum and ended up dreaming I lived in a house with Ruby and Blakeney and oh my god

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In one of her previous videos someone commented on the fact that she'd just gone home despite one of her resolutions being to go home less and that comment thread has magically disappeared as well

Reactions: 12
I think I might have gotten crazy from watching her videos, please help ...

When she shows what she wears in a week at university, the room does not seem to change at all? The light, the bed, the pencil on the desk ...

Do you think she filmed this "week" in one day? I am confused....

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.