Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's getting really boring tbh reading people say over and over 'leave Ruby alone, she's wearing a mask, stop policing whether she touches things' etc etc. Several posters have already explained why they called her out on it. The same discussion is just getting rehashed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Ok. I know I sound bitter and life isn't fair etc etc, but as someone who had to wear her older brother's cast-off clothes, including underwear (yes, Y-fronts) and had to share a room with her sister, in a flat the size of Ruby's kitchen, that video really pissed me off.

Mainly the matter-of-fact way she presents all these new clothes as if it's normal for everybody. The sheer obliviousness.
I know it's not her fault that she has these things. And it's maybe not even her fault that she's been so sheltered and spoiled that she doesn't know that most people don't get brand new clothes every season or live in a massive house with a huge garden with treehouses and swings and trampolines and water fountains and ugh.

But the way she accepts all that wealth as if she deserves it. Like she doesn't even notice it? Idk.
I'm with you on this. I don't blame her for having a very comfortable life; it's not like she should pretend to be poor just to seem relatable. (Although she does spend an awful lot of time pretending to be a Victorian orphan...) But having seen the amount of clothes she already owns (an entire landing area's storage full, if I remember correctly) her frequency of shopping and consuming is alarming to me. She literally has mountains of clothes she simply keeps for the sake of keeping. Showing this off as often as she does (even if this isn't her intention) is tacky and crass, especially in the economic climate of our day. Her 'what I got for Christmas/my birthday' videos always leave me flabbergasted.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Her 'what I got for Christmas/my birthday' videos always leave me flabbergasted.
I have never understood why she asserts that those videos are 'highly requested' and yet I never see requests in the comments. I find it quite odd how she takes these videos very literally, showing every single gift she received as if all extended family will be watching and waiting to see that their gift to her was included. I would mind less if the video was a small selection of gifts with the concept of 'if you have similar interests to me/if you have a friend with similar interests to me, this could serve as a gift guide'. I watch those types of videos and think they're genuinely helpful. But showing an obnoxiously big and expensive collection of gifts is very crass and out of touch. Whenever I watch them I'm like, wow what an enormous pile of gifts, surely the video must be over now, and then in the last 5 mins she comes out with a handful of things that are hundreds of pounds each!!! And the comments sections are always filled with young subscribers saying things like 'I wish I got Christmas presents, my family can't afford presents this year'...They're not even commenting to call Ruby out, just to vent. And yet she continues to make these videos every year!!!

Reactions: 26
I'm with you on this. I don't blame her for having a very comfortable life; it's not like she should pretend to be poor just to seem relatable. (Although she does spend an awful lot of time pretending to be a Victorian orphan...) But having seen the amount of clothes she already owns (an entire landing area's storage full, if I remember correctly) her frequency of shopping and consuming is alarming to me. She literally has mountains of clothes she simply keeps for the sake of keeping. Showing this off as often as she does (even if this isn't her intention) is tacky and crass, especially in the economic climate of our day. Her 'what I got for Christmas/my birthday' videos always leave me flabbergasted.
I just think she is completely clueless, the epitome of a sheltered, mollycoddled girl who went to the same private school all her life where she was head girl, goes on holiday to menorca, is given a large pile of things for Christmas and her birthday.
Surrounded by wealth and seems to have no idea how others live. I HATE those haul videos, they make her look so braggy. I know it's unintentional, but still. I couldn't care less what she gets and what clothes she has.

Reactions: 14
I love Ruby's defense for not owning jeans as if people are coming after her for not owning jeans.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I love Ruby's defense for not owning jeans as if people are coming after her for not owning jeans.
She probably does own jeans, it’s just that they’re at the bottom of that landfill of an attic that she shows occasionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Somebody get her an iron
Or teach her to hang her clothes up as soon as they're dry

Also, this entire video is just one long bodycheck

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Oh look, a sixteen-minute video of nothing but body checks 🙄🙄🙄 Loads of clothes we’ve never seen her wear. She also claims to love merino wool items, which is very vegan of her and it’s not like mulesing is a thing 🙄🤦

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I just think she is completely clueless, the epitome of a sheltered, mollycoddled girl who went to the same private school all her life where she was head girl, goes on holiday to menorca, is given a large pile of things for Christmas and her birthday.
Surrounded by wealth and seems to have no idea how others live. I HATE those haul videos, they make her look so braggy. I know it's unintentional, but still. I couldn't care less what she gets and what clothes she has.
This is the thing. We accuse Ruby on here of being greedy but in her eyes, she isn’t, she’s just accepting what she’s ‘earned’. There’s a saying that ‘money comes to money’ and that just rings in my head whenever Ruby accepts free stuff or another vaguely inappropriate sponsorship. I don’t think that it would ever even occur to Ruby to that she doesn’t have to take money or stuff when it’s offered as that’s not how her family is. Let’s face it, you don’t end up with that kind of lifestyle by thinking about the ethics of how your money is earned, or by ever saying ‘no, I don’t think I’ll accept that, I don’t need more of x or another y’. You just take and take and think that by putting a note on the door of your mansion for the postman to see (after they’ve trogged all the way up your drive to deliver your free stuff and shopping …) that you’re somehow a paragon of virtue and generosity 🙄

Edited to add: that laundry liquid is eighteen quid a bottle! That is all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
only 1 minute into the vid and this has to be in my top 3 absolute worst ruby outfits of all time . stunningly awful . just imagining blakeney and rubes trekking down to the local waitrose to film ruby spinning about 😭
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 19.15.18.png
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 19.15.19 1.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Genuinely curious/wondering: Does anyone honestly think that she knows she is triggering people and also that she is attracting a whole new set of audience with all of that ed-baiting? I can't explain how much her subs have been growing otherwise, but then again I'm not sure. But videos like today's seem so blatantly obvious that she is catering to other ed people... I don't know what to think.

Reactions: 11
I'm also shocked by how much she rewears the same things each week
Does she not wash them, after cycling to uni? I feel awkward wearing the same jeans to my classes each week, even though I know they're clean...

Reactions: 5
Nahhh guys, I’m actually going to have to sit this one out and just wait for the @gossip_guy review. There is no bleeping way I can sit through 16 minutes of Ruby giving fashion advice 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Nahhh guys, I’m actually going to have to sit this one out and just wait for the @gossip_guy review. There is no bleeping way I can sit through 16 minutes of Ruby giving fashion advice 😭😭😭
Same, I opened Youtube and saw the new video in my recommended and I was like "nope"
Closed the app and came over here to voice my frustration

only 1 minute into the vid and this has to be in my top 3 absolute worst ruby outfits of all time . stunningly awful . just imagining blakeney and rubes trekking down to the local waitrose to film ruby spinning about 😭 View attachment 816383View attachment 816384
Every single element of this outfit needs to be burned except maybe the beret

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Genuinely curious/wondering: Does anyone honestly think that she knows she is triggering people and also that she is attracting a whole new set of audience with all of that ed-baiting? I can't explain how much her subs have been growing otherwise, but then again I'm not sure. But videos like today's seem so blatantly obvious that she is catering to other ed people... I don't know what to think.
When she asked on Instagram "what content of mine do you not like?" I responded with "food content" and I know other people have too, in much harsher words. She also gets comments on Insta and YouTube calling her out and deletes them, I can't really imagine she doesn't at least have a clue...

Reactions: 22
I saw that Ruby had posted a new video and when I read the title on the thumbnail '35 outfit ideas for university' I literally choked on my cup of tea. Excuse me but I'm happy with wearing my boring but quick jeans and t-shirt but go off I guess.

Reactions: 16
The way she stares straight at the camera with no expression whatsoever while she demonstrates how to wear ties and blazers etc, she reminds me of a flight attendant demonstrating how to put on masks and lifejackets lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.