Ruby Granger #18 Still no deal with Waterstones but half her food was mailed from home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when she said in a video that she carried around a handkerchief to open a freakin latch on a gate in the middle of literal nowhere? But touching every single book in waterstones with grubby little fingers is okay somehow? I feel like It’s not even about the actual germs or whatever, it’s just her constant pretentiousness and inconsistency in what she says and does.

She washes her hands til they’re raw, but her house / her flat in Exeter is so freaking grimy it makes my skin crawl. The dust bunnies, if you can even call that disgusting collection of god knows what under her bed, is the stuff of actual nightmares. But again, she tries to make it seem like she’s a germaphobe?

Bestie, germaphobes don’t go touching every item in a store, don’t turn their living quarters into an actual garbage can, and they certainly clean under their bed at least once in two decades

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Yep she still wears a mask and technically has done nothing wrong! If people are still concerned they can stay at home and social distance and not go to bookshops again, but we are not literally in the middle of a pandemic. Yes it’s still about, it won’t disappear, but she’s taken measures to protect her and others ie vaccination, still wearing a mask and the stats show less are dying and getting critically ill due to the vaccination. If someone is concerned they can stay at home. Others are aware that Ruby has actually done nothing wrong by going to Waterstones and touching books and if that’s what she’s comfortable with that’s fine. We can’t keep using the pandemic to beat people round the head with when the government advice at the minute is absolutely in line with what Ruby is doing (if anything Ruby is going beyond advice by still wearing a mask). I’m a HCP and even I can calmly say that I see nothing wrong with what she’s doing. People have a choice in life and quite frankly if you can go to a gig with 10k people maskless legally, then flicking through books in Waterstones is small fry.

Someone said it caused them anxiety and triggered PTSD. I would say for that person your issues go deeper than Ruby touching a few books and you should probably address that offline rather than projecting here.
Imo touching everything in a shop when there's absolutely no need to do that is unhygienic in general, even outside the context of the pandemic lol it was unhygienic before Covid as well, most of us just didn't pay attention to stuff like that back then

Reactions: 21
Imo touching everything in a shop when there's absolutely no need to do that is unhygienic in general, even outside the context of the pandemic lol it was unhygienic before Covid as well, most of us just didn't pay attention to stuff like that back then
And people will go back to not paying attention again. People have short memories, if I remember well the lockdowns after the first seemed to be broken here there and everywhere. People didn’t care anymore.

Also the touching could be a sensory thing for some people. By all means, do what you’re most comfortable with. Some like touching, some don’t. Some use good hand hygiene, some don’t. We gotta let some things slide and just focus on yourself!

Reactions: 7
Yep she still wears a mask and technically has done nothing wrong! If people are still concerned they can stay at home and social distance and not go to bookshops again, but we are not literally in the middle of a pandemic. Yes it’s still about, it won’t disappear, but she’s taken measures to protect her and others ie vaccination, still wearing a mask and the stats show less are dying and getting critically ill due to the vaccination.
I agree 100% with you about not freaking out regarding what Ruby touches or doesn't, whether she goes to bookstores or not. But we are literally in the middle of a pandemic. If the world learned anything from the spring, it's that allowing the virus to spread allows new variants to develop. We are headed into winter, people are going to be inside, and no one knows the true long-term consequences of covid on children.

So, yes you are right. Ruby's actions should not bother people that much. But you're also saying some stuff I can't get behind at all, because it is simply false.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I agree 100% with you about not freaking out regarding what Ruby touches or doesn't, whether she goes to bookstores or not. But we are literally in the middle of a pandemic. If the world learned anything from the spring, it's that allowing the virus to spread allows new variants to develop. We are headed into winter, people are going to be inside, and no one knows the true long-term consequences of covid on children.

So, yes you are right. Ruby's actions should not bother people that much. But you're also saying some stuff I can't get behind at all, because it is simply false.
My point is more that it won’t go away so we all have to do what we ourselves feel comfortable, in the influencer realm Ruby is doing very little harm. She shouldn’t have to lock herself away when she’s just as entitled as any of us to go shopping.

It will obviously peak over winter again as per virology, but my point is more it won’t go away and we are moving towards a normal way of life (I don’t necessarily agree with Gov decisions but that’s the law right now) and we are unlikely to bounce in and out of lockdowns like we did last year. That’s more where my point was, regarding peak of pandemic. Infections are still high but more people are reporting minor symptoms, and not needing critical care; we are seeing less through our doors at my local hospital.

By all means go after her triggering food content etc but shouting out cos she’s in a shop is a bit silly.

My point is more that it won’t go away so we all have to do what we ourselves feel comfortable, in the influencer realm Ruby is doing very little harm. She shouldn’t have to lock herself away when she’s just as entitled as any of us to go shopping.

It will obviously peak over winter again as per virology, but my point is more it won’t go away and we are moving towards a normal way of life (I don’t necessarily agree with Gov decisions but that’s the law right now) and we are unlikely to bounce in and out of lockdowns like we did last year. That’s more where my point was, regarding peak of pandemic. Infections are still high but more people are reporting minor symptoms, and not needing critical care; we are seeing less through our doors at my local hospital.

By all means go after her triggering food content etc but shouting out cos she’s in a shop is a bit silly.
You're missing the point. Nobody's saying she shouldn't go shopping but ffs maybe she shouldn't put her dirty hands on everything she sees and won't buy? And I'm saying dirty because everyone's hands are dirty and full of germs at any given time. I get that some people like touching but that's not an excuse, we're not 5 years old

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I find it really strange, but I'm kind of weird with beverages, especially ones that should be a certain temperature. It would kill me to have two mugs of liquid cooling simultaneously. How to consume them at the optimal temperature? One would be neglected or too cold by the time I was ready for it! And sipping from each is just wrong.
I was listening to a podcast where they spoke about matcha tea having weight loss benefits if you drank one every day (they also said it was disgusting but everyone else seems to love it). I wonder if that’s why she chose the two drinks… one she actually wanted to drink and one for the old metabolism…

Reactions: 3
You're missing the point. Nobody's saying she shouldn't go shopping but ffs maybe she shouldn't put her dirty hands on everything she sees and won't buy? And I'm saying dirty because everyone's hands are dirty and full of germs at any given time. I get that some people like touching but that's not an excuse, we're not 5 years old
Sensory isn’t just a 5 year old thing, that’s very closed minded of you. I can see we will have to agree to disagree with this. I see no issue with touching things, wash your hands after.

Reactions: 11
Sensory isn’t just a 5 year old thing, that’s very closed minded of you. I can see we will have to agree to disagree with this. I see no issue with touching things, wash your hands after.
Not being able to control your impulse to touch everything in a shop because you love touching stuff however is a 5 year old thing

Reactions: 23
There is something unrelated (from awhile ago) I always wanted to say here. I used to work in a library. It is extremely damaging for the books to stick post-it notes on the pages. I thought Ruby's dumb post-it note campaign was horrifying for that reason. As student workers we tried to find books with notes and remove them but sometimes it was just too busy to flip through every book (it was a giant uni library).

Never ever put anything adhesive in a library book. Even those little arrows or tabs, if you can avoid using them. If you can't, remove them as soon as you are done with the book.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Ruby's constant urge to mark up books and stick post it notes all over them triggers me to no end 😂

Reactions: 6
There is something unrelated (from awhile ago) I always wanted to say here. I used to work in a library. It is extremely damaging for the books to stick post-it notes on the pages. I thought Ruby's dumb post-it note campaign was horrifying for that reason. As student workers we tried to find books with notes and remove them but sometimes it was just too busy to flip through every book (it was a giant uni library).

Never ever put anything adhesive in a library book. Even those little arrows or tabs, if you can avoid using them. If you can't, remove them as soon as you are done with the book.
I have also been told this when repairing books, never to use sellotap(sp?) but to use magic tape because the adhesive in sellotape is damaging particularly when it aged. This is unrelated really but interesting because I did not know that!

Remember when she said in a video that she carried around a handkerchief to open a freakin latch on a gate in the middle of literal nowhere? But touching every single book in waterstones with grubby little fingers is okay somehow? I feel like It’s not even about the actual germs or whatever, it’s just her constant pretentiousness and inconsistency in what she says and does.

She washes her hands til they’re raw, but her house / her flat in Exeter is so freaking grimy it makes my skin crawl. The dust bunnies, if you can even call that disgusting collection of god knows what under her bed, is the stuff of actual nightmares. But again, she tries to make it seem like she’s a germaphobe?

Bestie, germaphobes don’t go touching every item in a store, don’t turn their living quarters into an actual garbage can, and they certainly clean under their bed at least once in two decades
This, completely.

And she was happily grabbing the handle at the public parcel drop-off box on a busy main street when opening and closing it to pretend to post things. That has infinitely more people touching it than a gate on secluded, private land.

The handkerchief thing was just an excuse to show off her Victorian affectation of carrying a vintage handkerchief, but she's shown many times that she never actually uses it (or washes it) in any situations.

Her germaphobia is a sham, and her fear of Coronavirus was, too. She only ever acted concerned with it since it provided a convenient excuse to run back home to mummy and daddy for the year, otherwise she's shown no concern regarding germs or the virus, and only wears masks in places that she'd be physically asked to leave if she didn't (and even then, wears an unwashed, cloth mask often pulled down past her nose).

She's totally free to do what she wants now the government have done the reckless thing and stripped all restrictions, but her immediately rushing to abandoning all safety measures herself, partying with family friends in huddled groups, touching everything possible, never wearing a mask around crowded groups of strangers unless she has to, should show people that her supposed germaphobia/'ronaphobia was always complete bull.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Her germophobia consists of irrationally disinfecting everything in her room, but stops at touching books. Her need for perfection and orderliness stops at actually hoovering her room, dusting, and wiping away crumbs. Her need to be more independent and spend more time at university stops as soon as she can gather the right excuse to run back to her dear parents. She's nothing if not inconsistent.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Did anyone else think it was funny when she moaned about it being sunny because she prefers rainy weather, and then when she went for a walk it started raining and she was all stroppy about it.

"But I'm not complaining", she quickly adds.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Did anyone else think it was funny when she moaned about it being sunny because she prefers rainy weather, and then when she went for a walk it started raining and she was all stroppy about it.

"But I'm not complaining", she quickly adds.
It was a recurring trend for her with this video, if not her entire life. The Scream Queens thing in particular stood out for me.

"There's nothing wrong with trying something new," she said bitterly, after doing everything she could to passive-aggressively get out of trying something new.

• Haha
Much like “we are bombarded with hustle culture, society tells us we need to do everything to accomplish something” all while posting 15-hour study-with-me videos for the past 5 years and harassing everyone with her fake productivity obsession…it’s the lack of self awareness for me

I find it really strange, but I'm kind of weird with beverages, especially ones that should be a certain temperature. It would kill me to have two mugs of liquid cooling simultaneously. How to consume them at the optimal temperature? One would be neglected or too cold by the time I was ready for it! And sipping from each is just wrong.
It is bizarre. Do not understand it at all. I'd rather have a fresh cup of tea than a lukewarm one that has been sitting for ages. At least put one in a flask or teapot or something so it stays warm?

Reactions: 1
What's wrong with her touching books? Like you guys never went to a bookstore and flipped throught book pages.
I agree with a lot of things said on these foruns but you're just nitpicking at this point 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.