Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
I don't think it's been shared yet, I definitely hadn't seen it.

I'm guessing this was the interview Ruby mentioned a while ago. It's a pretty pointless Sixteenth-friendly fluff piece, but I guess neither Ruby, Jack nor Eve would've given any quotes otherwise.

It's basically "What happens to StudyTubers after they stop studying? Well, we interviewed three people, all repped by the same agency. One of them's still studying, the other's planning to study some more, and the third one got a job."
Interesting that Ruby gave no indication of what she plans to do afterwards, or what her vision is for a life outside studying.

Reactions: 5

MGB01

VIP Member
I've always thought it was strange she was so desperate to go back to school given she was bullied there so won't have the best memories

Corneilya

actually, she has few beautiful pieces I would even wear some of them but generally, her style is kind of weird and out of place ( i hope out of place is the right term to use )
by the way, she should be more careful with her hairline I lost a lot of hair last year, and it's really hard to grow them back.
I do agree that some pieces are nice but she definitely isn't good at styling it sadly. Her blazer, for example, looked weird with the turtleneck and the skirt. Everyone have different tastes of course, but that one, the weird ribbons/scarves or collars and that beige outfit ( the cardigan-checked shirt-culottes ones) were a huge no for me. However, I love her beige coat.

Magpie02

Ruby also uses umbrellas, but not like adults. She uses them while spinning in the rain. Reminder: Ruby was 17 years old in this video :/
I bet she chose the umbrella because it goes well with the outfit (not really, but in Ruby's mind...). It's sad to see how much she's changed, though. It's like looking at a different person.

sitkx

VIP Member
Can someone fill me in with what happened with that Holocaust memorial thing she promised to spend the charity #AD money on?

• Haha

GoinDowntown

She’s mostly in denial about the kind of person she is (she has to be… right? lol I still don’t want to fully believe she’s just plain nasty and obnoxious)
I think she is aware to some level that she is obnoxious and has decided to accept that part of her personality, like the typical "that's just who I am, take it or leave it" excuse to be a dick people often come out with.
She did that video a while ago where she was saying she is proud to be a "nerd" or whatever and to be the kind of person who reminded the teacher to give them homework and how it's ok to be yourself.
I don't remember the exact details and I really don't want to watch it again and listen to her explain all her annoying "quirks" in a smug, self-satisfied way disguised as self-acceptance, but it's probably still up on her channel, as she seems to have no sense of cringe.

blmrqslm

After all the discussion abou her touching books, here it is, her most recent post on Instagram. Hi Roobees!

• Haha

opal73

VIP Member
If you want the actual name of her school you can find it pretty easily by just googling her name, there's an article about GCSE results day c 2016 and another Ruby standing with the librarian looking the part of the perfect Head Girl when the new library was built.

She's really paving her way to taking a year out of uni, isn't she (btw how did we get to not enjoying University?? I thought she was so happy to be back and so grateful for her education)
I mean, she has always said that she liked school way more than university. But yeah, she never actually mentioned not enjoying uni at all.

ScarletBear

do they have the same prestige as traditional unis though?
The UK also has courses with distance learning options. My BA is in Publishing studies, and they offer an MA in Publishing via Distance Learning… I really wouldn’t be surprised if she applied there and tried to break into publishing, especially as she knows people currently doing that BA course

Off topic but

How many requests do you reccon Ruby needs for her to do a live reading of My Immortal?

Edit- even better live book club reading

• Haha

jiggy_girl

VIP Member
But did you touch every single thing they had for sale in that place, then return almost every day after to touch everything some more, without buying a single thing? Because that's the big difference.

And anything in that Waterstones could potentially be a contaminated surface, especially with people like Ruby touching everything they possibly can for no real reason (including when she had a prolonged, flu-like illness).

Her mask will do very little for her or others considering she's usually touching it, her face and everything else she sees and it's often riding below her nostrils.

Again, it's not that there's rules stopping her from touching things. Considering that she's often claiming that she's germaphobic, and was supposedly so scared of Covid that she had to ditch Blakeney and run home as fast as she could, you'd think she'd show some caution and restraint instead of touching everything in sight like a grabby child. But nope, just another thing she was lying about.
I don't deny that she's lying about her germophobia. But at the end of the day, nobody is responsible for anyone else's use of hand sanitiser/hand hygiene.

3calico3

VIP Member
Essentially you pick a topic or a research question and you analyze it in a long-ish "essay". Mine was about 60 pages long and comprised 3 chapters, an introduction and a conclusion. The project is supervised by a professor who teaches the subject you've chosen for your topic.
It's probably different in the UK but in Italy you then have to present your thesis to a board of teachers and receive a score which goes towards your final grade, along with your GPA.
In the UK, only certain subjects have the oral exam element of a dissertation (the viva), and is usually associated with defending a doctoral thesis.

Ruby's practically paying not to be there 1/3 of the time.
Exactly (not that she can't afford it), not to mention the time lost through travelling/packing/settling back in when she keeps coming backwards and forwards from home that could be used for studying.

Reactions: 4

LucyOos

True, I mean I'm not saying this would be a good idea because she'd run into all kinds of problems that her childlike brain can't comprehend right now (like money, actual responsibilities, taking care of kids, earning a teaching degree, horrible protocols, realising the aesthetic of school isn't really life etc...) but I meant from her point of view something like this might make sense

Also, I just came to this idea because I can't really imagine her in any job, you know? What do you see her doing, if she'd work at all and not just live off mummy and daddy's money for ever?

IndigoDreamer

Just a reminder these are the exact type of comments ruby wants to hear. When people tell me I look skinny it just reinforces my dangerous habits as someone with anorexia.
Let’s comment on how ridiculous she is but try and refrain from talking about her being thin/anything to do with weight.
No attack on you at all! Just thought it was the right time to mention it
I am SO SORRY! Omg, I forgot about that. I should know better as someone who has had multiple eating disorders. Apologies. Feel free to delete it.