Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

iglie

I don't think she cares. from what I've observed, she is not that invested in tech. she still has her old laptop, no PC and a basic kindle. these things scream "I don't really care for tech"

also did anyone see how the rag, with which she wiped her table and laptop looked dirty?🤨
True. if I was as rich as her I know I would basically spend all my money on tech and books

Reactions: 4

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
Yeah I always wondered why she didn’t take a more sciencey career route tbh as she isn’t very creative. I think the reason is because she seems to lack logic and critical thinking skills, and once you get past school it’s not so much about memorization at all.
But that's true for any university subject. Unless she picked a trade. But God knows that little princess Roobee can't work like peasants do

But that's true for any university subject. Unless she picked a trade. But God knows that little princess Roobee can't work like peasants do
Just realized she wouldn't be able to cope with this either because it involves several attempts and failures until you get it right. She's simply not suited for life beyond a high school level.

Lasagnacreamcone

Did she mean biweekly as twice a week, or once every two weeks though? (Probably whichever suits her)
Man, I was going to say that biweekly logically means twice a week, but Google tells me that it can mean both??
What is up english language, that makes as much sense as "I could care less".

I had actually assumed that Ruby's rather facile comments on literature were a reflection on her abilities rather than the curriculum and teaching at Exeter but this project makes me wonder. Since when did dumbed down marketing exercises replace critical analysis in studying literature at undergrad level?
I think this kind of thing is getting more common. Next semester I'm doing a similar module in history where we think about making history accessible. Ultimately, the majority of those taking the course will not go on to be literary critics and a decent number, I imagine, will go on to be teaching or communicating English lit. However I do know that the majority of people I've talked to on my course really don't want to do this module and I think it's strange adding this assignment into a module

She's really paving her way to taking a year out of uni, isn't she (btw how did we get to not enjoying University?? I thought she was so happy to be back and so grateful for her education)
And she looks particularly unhappy in that picture. Please go home and take a real break, Ruby.

opal73

VIP Member
View attachment 817888View attachment 817890
Pathetic copycat, she only started doing this and the stern finger recently. Clearly has developed a bit of an obsession with HollyG and uses her as some kind of ana/thinspo queen. The identical hand gestures, the clear glasses, the bun with unruly flyaways, the tight black shirts, this is all new for our roobes
This gesture...doesn't Jade do it as well? Ruby seems to take "inspiration" from multiple places but I think the ED baiting is all Holly

sitkx

VIP Member
This is kind of off-topic, but where does a very short person like myself get one of those camel coats that will actually fit? 😫

acadaymia

There were so so sooo many lingering shots on Blakeney. I know its nice to appreciate your friends but I felt like I was watching something private if that makes sense??
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. It kind of gave me Peach vibes from You, if anyone's seen that.

buflesse

Chatty Member
I find it interesting that Ruby recently added this to her goodreads, given that Evanna Lynch recovered from anorexia. More ED baiting?

Screenshot_20211026-183504_Goodreads.jpg

• Angry

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Small human came home from preschool today with a certificate saying he was star of the day.
I've decided he will go to Oxford as obviously that's what Ruby's parents decided for her when she got a house point
And extra points for him being given it by a teacher instead of making and awarding it to himself like Ruby does every day!

yayadumpling

I'm also shocked by how much she rewears the same things each week
Does she not wash them, after cycling to uni? I feel awkward wearing the same jeans to my classes each week, even though I know they're clean...
me reading this knowing i rotate through the same 8 outfits for work (i don't cycle to work in them tho x)

username21

Sorry if this has been mentioned before and also TW TW TW TW

I think there is a chance (hoping it's not the case) that there is another reason her nails/fingers are so destroyed always. Has to do with her ed, but it's not the restrictive AN type :( It was what I immediately thought when I saw the close up of her injured nail, but I don't want to *name* it so that I don't trigger anyone. If you know what I'm talking about, I'm sorry

also re: my dickens waterloo, I didn't mean everyone has to study him, his works were nowhere near my syllabus anyway. I am just crazy and wanted to get my hands on as many classics as possible, so were my other fellow lit students (not crazy, just readers). Regardless of enjoyment or not, we just needed to be well-read so to speak. But again, that's me. Still, so weird that you can't read a book in a month, when you should be reading about a book a day/week at most and literature/books is what you are studying in uni? Just sayin

And and heads up will now be referring to AXATAR as the Nail Polish Uni. Pretending to read while playing with your nails, desk, camera and anorexia youtube watching is not serious studying, it's a joke and a barf

marcelprout

Well obviously. When your whole life is about productivity, your failures also have to be used as a tool for growth of your business. Of course she's gonna do that.
True, but it still strikes a viewer as odd since she's always applauded as being so authentic and real by her fans. Besides, aside from her sponsored content and her Pumpkin Productivity brand, Ruby herself doesn't really treat her channel as a business venture given her inconsistencies in providing content and her erratic (to put it mildly) upload schedule. To be honest, she wants to hide her obviously more-than-sufficient YouTube income as much as possible, so as to still seem relatable to her (probably) mostly not as well-off audience. We saw that in her cottage video that she deleted as soon as she saw it painted her in a certain light that many people found at odds with her online persona. Of course this "important announcement" type of audience manipulation is much more subtle, but right now, her content just looks like she's desperately searching for a way out of this personal productivity inferno she's trapped herself in.