Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad that Molly seems to have distanced herself from Ruby. I was pretty shocked that she was hanging out with her in the first place, given how triggering Ruby's content/eating habits are and how much healthier Molly's overall outlook on the world is. She strikes me as someone who likes to see the best in people, so maybe it took a while for her to decide enough is enough.
Also if they met through her friend, maybe she found it conflicting as they still live together

Reactions: 7
she will not get into oxford for post grad. They want someone with actual personality and can use language properly, yes Ruby gets higher marks but she can’t think that critically. She is making a mistake by applying and not just working for a bit enjoying reading etc but she will never listen
Her school (I’ve mentioned before I know it quite well) is a nicer one in the area but not like the most prestigious one that she could have gone. She probably hates her parents for not letting her go to a school where she can board like in Harry Potter 😂
No shade to Exeter, but I feel like Oxbridge will be well aware of which universities tend to be more generous with their marks compared to others.

Also, as someone else mentioned, her tendency to write long rambling sentences which actually contain no relevant information and mean nothing will become blindingly obvious when submitting writing samples. I can think of one now, but that doesn't mean I deserve a literary prize: "The style of writing is reminiscent of many previous authors who conveyed feelings related to the concept of childhood, in that childhood is a way of reflecting abstractedly with the past." Lots of words, literally no content.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
No shade to Exeter, but I feel like Oxbridge will be well aware of which universities tend to be more generous with their marks compared to others.

Also, as someone else mentioned, her tendency to write long rambling sentences which actually contain no relevant information and mean nothing will become blindingly obvious when submitting writing samples. I can think of one now, but that doesn't mean I deserve a literary prize: "The style of writing is reminiscent of many previous authors who conveyed feelings related to the concept of childhood, in that childhood is a way of reflecting abstractedly with the past." Lots of words, literally no content.

She's really good at crafting these long sentences that sound impressive and deep to her 12-year-old fans but are actually meaningless if you concentrate on them for more than 2 seconds.

Reactions: 20
Does anyone else remember Ruby having friends from school that she'd see. I know we've been in the midst of a pandemic but still, wonder if they've drifted apart?

I feel so bad for Molly, but good for her for doing the right thing. Ruby should be ashamed of herself, however I get the feeling, she doesn't really care which is sickening.

I wonder how this will bode for her friendship with Blakeney?

Ruby is going to end up alone at this rate. Maybe she's happy that way but it's kinda sad honestly.

Reactions: 11
Yeah this is what I don't get. Those books are amazing to read when you're a child, but it's a bit like playing make believe with lego - it loses its appeal. I think she has major issues and doesn't want to grow up because there's no way you'd be reading this stuff for pleasure otherwise.
Ruby probably reads kids books because they have no adult themes ( mainly sex, drugs and alcohol for our dear Ruby).

I wouldn't lump Lego in with this kind of sad behaviour, as atleast some Lego sets are 18+ and require a higher dexterity than that of a 5 year old.

By reading books for kids Ruby is basically removing all outside adult influences. You can't face real world adult concepts, when your only form of media that you ingest is made for kids.

200 (1).gif

Reactions: 14
Who the feck ranks the months in order of favourite? Like, beyond childhood?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Is she for real?? Ranking months of the year! 😂 Everyone knows January is the shittest, blue Monday and all that! 💙 Edit: maybe not for her as she is still playing with her presents from Santa Father Christmas in January.

Reactions: 12
I think she is trying to emulate Anne of Green Gables. She has the same tone, same intonations, same "life is soooo wonderful" attitude. She is so fake.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
That’s worse than having a 1st best friend, then a 2nd best friend and 2 other friends joint 3rd etc which I bet she still does! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The last line in that story says it all. "If we want to romanticize our lives." WTF I live in the real world. There is war, hate crimes, ugly politics, famine, pandemic. If I spent all my time staring at hayfields and dreaming away my days, I am not a living a real life and hardly a worthy human being. No thank you. I prefer work, intellectual pursuits and spending time with family and friends. Appreciating the now is just an every day occurrence. People are pretty aware of the differences in seasons by the time they are 5 years old, not some sudden lightbulb when you are 21. Just another oblivious remark from living constantly in her own make-believe bubble.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She has a very obvious lisp in that story. Is it just me? It seems so obvious but I don’t think I’ve heard it before, even going back a month it wasn’t there. What is happening?!

Reactions: 8
But.. what's the point in ranking the months? I don't get it. It's like something a tween magazine would have an article about. 😅

She has a very obvious lisp in that story. Is it just me? It seems so obvious but I don’t think I’ve heard it before, even going back a month it wasn’t there. What is happening?!
I hear it too. She definitely has more sibilance on her 's' sounds than usual, especially on the word 'grass' - sounds almost like 'grath'.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was coming here to say this!! Was she trying to do that lisp on purpose or does she always sound like that?

What the duck is she doing ranking the months of the year. How would you even do that. There's 12 of them, how do you decide that July is better than October but worse than March?
She clearly has too much time on her hands if she has time to think about what her fourth favourite month of the year is

• Haha
That month ranking story is so odd, I can’t put my finger on what it is. She could be putting the lisp on, but to me it seems like she’s talking almost as if she’s had some sort of dental work done, like the way her mouth moves is just strange.
Maybe she’s got invisilign or some tit
ETA just watched it again and she’s talking a bit like I do when I’ve had too many stimulants lmao

• Haha
It's definitely there, and it's weird as hell. Did she have a stroke? Coupled with her bizarre rambling and it just seems like she's having a manic episode.

Yikes...her face looks tired and she just looks incredibly ill.

Her month ranking system, whatever you wanna call it is so annoying. She does something like that every year. Whenever a new month or season comes around she always has to tell everyone that "ITs hEr VeRy FavOurITE SeAsON/MoNth". It's so annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
the lisp and braids? Anne of Green gables cosplay

the lisp and braids? Anne of Green gables cosplay
I can't understand how her parents haven't stepped in with the way she looks. her skin looks gray ish

Reactions: 9

This! It really shows Ruby's true colours: she does absolutely everything for the sole purpose of looking intelligent! The way she speaks, the way she writes, the way she acts. She seems to have no true passions. Imagine Ruby trying to answer the question, "why do you want to go to Oxford/Cambridge?"

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.