Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Ruby... she does look really ill. If that hair isn't falling out yet it probably will be soon. I'd wager there's a fair bit of brain fog going on as well. I hope people don't take this the wrong way as I have nothing against veganism but this is what a friend of mine looked like after years of eating vegan (low cal)... plus she was obsessed with eating "clean". She was always cold, hair falling out, losing her train of thought, etc.
I think a lot of vegans get given a bad name by a small few like ruby. which sucks for people who go vegan for ethical reasons and not just to control food idk

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So true. And for someone who supposedly reads so much, I'm amazed that she doesn't share extracts from books she reads to instagram. I always do that when I find something that really resonates. It just confirms my suspicion that she doesn't actually read much at all.
She's probably gun-shy that she'll reveal yet again that she doesn't understand the very little that she actually reads. We'd get another repeat of the George Orwell quote mess.

I have always wondered why she didn’t take history at A Level as she seems to have an interest in it. I wonder if her school only offered the modern history course, which probably would have put her off, but it’s a shame as I think she would have got a lot from it.
I think her interest in history is like everything else - surface-level and focused on the "aesthetic." That and she's so rigid in her limited interests that I don't think she'd get much from it like most people with even a passing interest in history would. Imagine a lecturer trying to talk about Ancient Greece, with Ruby trying to steer everything back to the fancy hats and lovely penmanship of Victorian England. Or handing in 56 essays about Victorian etiquette, regardless of the topic.

Reactions: 19

At 2:59 she "takes a sip" of tea. You cant sit here and tell me that she actually took a sip! It looks so fake and that's she's only doing it for the camera.

Look I don't give a tit whether she took a sip or not. It's the fake preformative "aesthetic" way she acts in her video that annoys me. Just stop Ruby. Try and be a little more authentic. You look stupid and lazy
She starts tipping the cup towards her mouth way too early - if that cup had tea in it, liquid would have gone all over her laptop. She can also drink without swallowing too!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She latches onto these fad Pinterest aesthetics, but did the glaringly obvious option of offering a dark academia planner or folio or quill-style pen on her store, or a cottagecore-themed line of products ever occur to her? Nahhh. That requires a modicum of thought and effort. She can't even be bothered to restock what's supposedly her flagship product.
Oh look! What did I tell ya, Rubert?

Untitled01.jpg

Put a tiny amount of effort into making sure your store is stocked and up-to-date and create new, obvious product ideas that fit your "brand" and people will buy them. Don't bother and your fans will take their money elsewhere.

You advertise your "company" on your LinkedIn for god's sake, show a little pride and effort. Unless it's literally people sending money to her in exchange for a photo of her pretending to use a laptop, it's just too much hard work for her.

Reactions: 15
Oh look! What did I tell ya, Rubert?

View attachment 650886
... aesthetic... dark academia...... PLANNERS???? what?? dark academia is very eurocentric so maybe it'll include a tracker for improving white superiority complexes or something. like, "today I wasn't racist." check

ooo and a tracker for privilege... "I am angry because my butler spilt tea on me but I am privileged because most people don't have a butler so I guess I won't fire him just yet." check

note: my first attempt at being more humorous... unfortunately we can't all live up to the god that is @gossip_guy but we can try #myhero

• Haha
Reactions: 35
... aesthetic... dark academia...... PLANNERS???? what?? dark academia is very eurocentric so maybe it'll include a tracker for improving white superiority complexes or something. like, "today I wasn't racist." check

ooo and a tracker for privilege... "I am angry because my butler spilt tea on me but I am privileged because most people don't have a butler so I guess I won't fire him just yet." check

note: my first attempt at being more humorous... unfortunately we can't all live up to the god that is @gossip_guy but we can try #myhero
😂 You're far too kind! (And modest! I guess we know you're not Ruby in disguise!) If in doubt, always be funny. Unless you're at a funeral.

Dark Academia Kindness Planner Entry #4: "Today a young child wandered onto the vast majesty of my land while I was hunting pheasant. I opted not to shoot him for trespassing. Not this time..."

Honestly though, a dark academia folio/diary is a no-brainer for her to sell. Basic diary in a faux leather binding, slap a Pumpkin Productivity logo on and boom, easy sales to her fans. She's hopeless.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
And by the looks of it, we're getting another planner this year as well...

(I can't take screenshots at the moment but it's in the comments of her latest video where she responds to someone asking whether she'll be releasing one)

Reactions: 3
UGH. I'm sorry for posting about something a couple pages back but I cannot with this child any more! This is my first post- I've lurked for a long time- and the way Ruby lives in a fantasy world just infuriates me.

I'm starting a PhD in English Literature in October after leaving my teaching job to go back to Uni and pursue a Masters. It's HARD and I haven't got any funding because there IS no real funding in Arts & Humanities any more- out of the whole of the North West consortium (where I applied), three applicants were successful. Three. Out of hundreds. And I can guarantee, these were not three students who would seemingly dismiss expert academic advice and input OR be so ridiculous as to plan the dissertation she seems to be planning? MY UG dissertation was hell, I was really mentally ill throughout it and I went through three supervisors (first one was apparently a 'place holder' anyway, second one left the department, third one didn't really know anything about my topic but tried their best). On top of all the other Third Year work she'll be doing, to think she'll have the time or even be able to go see archives is beyond a joke.

Apologies for the rant. I just needed to explode ahaha.

Reactions: 26
And by the looks of it, we're getting another planner this year as well...

(I can't take screenshots at the moment but it's in the comments of her latest video where she responds to someone asking whether she'll be releasing one)
Who's taking bets on it being the exact same planner with the dates changed?

Reactions: 13
View attachment 650970

another routine for us.
Ahh, and this one's super unique, because it'll seem like exactly the same routine but it'll be raining!

This has to be self-parody. Who needs a routine for a rainy day walk?

Step 1. Look outside. If it's raining, go to Step 2. If it's not raining, repeat Step 1 until it is.
Step 2. Go for a walk.

Also, Ruby knows meteorology better than anyone. She knows for certain it will rain tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
she will not get into oxford for post grad. They want someone with actual personality and can use language properly, yes Ruby gets higher marks but she can’t think that critically. She is making a mistake by applying and not just working for a bit enjoying reading etc but she will never listen
Her school (I’ve mentioned before I know it quite well) is a nicer one in the area but not like the most prestigious one that she could have gone. She probably hates her parents for not letting her go to a school where she can board like in Harry Potter 😂

Reactions: 20

obviously a moleskine black hard back planner…

she will not get into oxford for post grad. They want someone with actual personality and can use language properly, yes Ruby gets higher marks but she can’t think that critically. She is making a mistake by applying and not just working for a bit enjoying reading etc but she will never listen
Her school (I’ve mentioned before I know it quite well) is a nicer one in the area but not like the most prestigious one that she could have gone. She probably hates her parents for not letting her go to a school where she can board like in Harry Potter 😂
It seems more like a finishing school to produce well rounded young ladies rather than individuals who could withstand the rigours of modern academia.

UGH. I'm sorry for posting about something a couple pages back but I cannot with this child any more! This is my first post- I've lurked for a long time- and the way Ruby lives in a fantasy world just infuriates me.

I'm starting a PhD in English Literature in October after leaving my teaching job to go back to Uni and pursue a Masters. It's HARD and I haven't got any funding because there IS no real funding in Arts & Humanities any more- out of the whole of the North West consortium (where I applied), three applicants were successful. Three. Out of hundreds. And I can guarantee, these were not three students who would seemingly dismiss expert academic advice and input OR be so ridiculous as to plan the dissertation she seems to be planning? MY UG dissertation was hell, I was really mentally ill throughout it and I went through three supervisors (first one was apparently a 'place holder' anyway, second one left the department, third one didn't really know anything about my topic but tried their best). On top of all the other Third Year work she'll be doing, to think she'll have the time or even be able to go see archives is beyond a joke.

Apologies for the rant. I just needed to explode ahaha.
This. There’s nothing AESTHETIC about writing an undergraduate dissertation towards the end. You literally sit in the library in a hoodie drinking coffee and eating crisps pounding into your laptop furiously at a desk as near to your topic’s library shelf as usual…

Reactions: 21
So marfa is in the pub sharing her location to get free drinks can you imagine what Ruby is saying about it

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The random pawns in a row and then the one black piece and the rest of the pieces off the board is sending me 😂

even just a standard chess set up would work
I'm just catching up but that photo looks like she watched the Queen's Gambit and only noticed where the pawns are but didn't bother learning where the king, queen, rooks, etc. go...so she's just holding the opponent's king as if she just won the game 😂
Her empty, vacant expression is just sending me. "Look at me, a gifted child chess master!!"
Meanwhile that looking glass on her bib is me trying to look for the meaning and logic of that photo.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.