Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else wonder what Jade must think of this all? Didn’t they meet up recently? Surely she would have seen how scarily ill Ruby looks
Jade's too preoccupied with embracing and appreciating the ✨ CASUAL MAGIC✨ of morning porridge or the kaleidoscope of colours seen in a traffic light to notice something as trivial as Ruby wasting away to nothing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I’ve been lurking since thread #6 and slowly watching the decline of Ruby. At this point I just want to give her a big hug. I truly emphasise with her. Without my friends and studying for A-levels, I’ll be stuck in a dark hole right now. I see a lot of her behaviours in myself, but to a less extreme extent. Perfectionism, focus on grades, routines, ed/anorexia. The difference is my family and friends are quick to tell me when I get obsessive. I can’t have the energy to study if I’m undereating, which motivated me to eat. Ruby really needs to realise this, she can’t throw her degree and future away because of an ed. It really isn’t worth it in the long run.

What we have to understand is that eds are normally due to externalising their mental suffering. People with eds project their negative emotions such as sadness and loneliness, into their physical body by punishing themselves with restriction of food. Therefore, there would of been a longer mental battle that Ruby has be facing prior to the ed behaviours. I know she’s being a bad influence with all the baiting, but really she must be trying to desperately cry for help and acknowledgement that she needs support. As much as I’m angry at her, I also feel so sad for her. My empathy just wants to hug her. I know I’m so tired right now and acting soppy, but she must be so lonely and scared. I don’t know, I just hope she gets proper help sooner rather than later. After all, as annoying and embarrassing as she is, she is still a lovely person who deserves to be happy and grow, rather than regress into a childlike state.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
This has probably been mentioned before but it drives me nuts, Ruby uses "in lieu of" as if it means "because of". Like... "in lieu of it being anti-bullying week, I thought I'd share etc etc". Probably meaning to say "in view of"? Anyway, I'm gonna sign her up for a french class.

Lesson 1: How to pronounce Poirot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
This has probably been mentioned before but it drives me nuts, Ruby uses "in lieu of" as if it means "because of". Like... "in lieu of it being anti-bullying week, I thought I'd share etc etc". Probably meaning to say "in view of"? Anyway, I'm gonna sign her up for a french class.

Lesson 1: How to pronounce Poirot
I think she needs to learn basic English before she takes on any other languages.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
1717AD44-FA07-485E-ADD5-98C6DEC02A75.jpeg

Ah, wk to the rescue 😂 ”It’s your own fault for following her! She wouldn’t hurt a fly!” (no, but she’ll happily let a dead one hang out on her desk for weeks without giving it a proper burial lol) Also, ”you don’t know she’s bodychecking, you just assume she is!” B***h, we have eyes, and it barely takes half a braincell to see that’s exactly what she’s doing. And your precious Roobee may be doing none of this intentionally, but she will also do just about anything if it gets her views and engagement. She’s vain and greedy, and the only #kindness she cares about is the kind that makes her feel good about herself. She doesn’t give a crap about anyone else.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
View attachment 643950
Ah, wk to the rescue 😂 ”It’s your own fault for following her! She wouldn’t hurt a fly!” (no, but she’ll happily let a dead one hang out on her desk for weeks without giving it a proper burial lol) Also, ”you don’t know she’s bodychecking, you just assume she is!” B***h, we have eyes, and it barely takes half a braincell to see that’s exactly what she’s doing. And your precious Roobee may be doing none of this intentionally, but she will also do just about anything if it gets her views and engagement. She’s vain and greedy, and the only #kindness she cares about is the kind that makes her feel good about herself. She doesn’t give a crap about anyone else.
God, the cult brainwashing is real. There's nothing some of these dopes wouldn't defend her for.

"Ruby didn't stab anyone! And if she did, it was an accident! She was just twirling with a knife while showing off her wonderful grace and poise in her OOTD! People shouldn't be getting in her way! That's their fault, not hers, it wasn't intentional! So what if she screamed "I'll stab you!" before she stabbed them, that could mean anything! It was just taken out of context! She was just rehearsing a play! So what if she screamed "I'm not rehearsing a play!" while stabbing them?! It's just a very meta play! And even if it wasn't an accident, maybe they deserved it! They're lucky to be stabbed by Ruby!"

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I have a feeling she’s interpreting our concern as bullying…. Watch her come out with some new online bullying campaign or something.

Reactions: 15
I have a feeling she’s interpreting our concern as bullying…. Watch her come out with some new online bullying campaign or something.
There's already comments crying that we need to leave her alone despite most people being nice and just concerned so it wouldn't surprise me if (if she is interpreting it as bullying) those comments are fueling her

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Screenshot_20210702-115711~2.png

I haven't seen anyone body shame her? Considering this is a topic of concern about an eating disorder ??????

• Angry
Reactions: 19
I think regardless of the fact that she likely needs help and that we are also rightfully very concerned for her younger viewers, it would feel like she is being ganged up on. Some of the comments are very confronting and there are a lot of them in a short time. I agree that the triggering posts need to stop, but if she’s as unwell as we think she is then having that many comments (some written with a lot of intensity) would be so overwhelming and fuelling presumable self loathing which can fuel more negative behaviour. I’m not at all excusing the triggering content, but at the end of the day even when people are not acting in a good way, they are doing the best they know how in that moment. I think people can and should express concern and even say they’re stepping back so as not to get triggered (or some may just unfollow and step away quietly too, because the numbers will still show her there’s a problem), but yeah I’m getting a bit of a gang mentality vibe in the comments, which happens so easily and often with humans. It’s so easy to get caught up in the drama of it all. I’ve found myself doing it simply by the amount I’ve refreshed this page 🙈. I know it’s probably the wrong platform to share this, but I’m not going to apologise for sounding soft lol. At 30 I’ve seen some sh*t, and I’ve met a lot of unwell people (be they traumatised or sheltered) who sometimes take a bit longer to find the insight and experience to do better. Not many people (if any) are simply ‘bad’, and life and people just are not as black and white as I used to insist they were. Okie doke, Merry Christmas everyone 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think regardless of the fact that she likely needs help and that we are also rightfully very concerned for her younger viewers, it would feel like she is being ganged up on. Some of the comments are very confronting and there are a lot of them in a short time. I agree that the triggering posts need to stop, but if she’s as unwell as we think she is then having that many comments (some written with a lot of intensity) would be so overwhelming and fuelling presumable self loathing which can fuel more negative behaviour.
I agree. I'm not here to support her pro-ana content, but I also don't want her to suffer in silence whilst pretending that it's all sunshine and rainbows. She doesn't have to address anything, she simply should stop herself from spreading this kind of "AEStheTIC lifestyle". Being vegan is great, sharing that message is also great if it's truly what you believe in, but this isn't veganism anymore, it's restriction and portion control to the max and if she's doing that in private it would be one thing. However, she isn't and a lot of people are fed up.

I really truly do hope she gets some help. There's nothing worse than having your brain start to devour itself out of pure hunger and malnutrition. She has no idea what kind of life she's in for if she doesn't get this under control and I'm afraid for her. She wants to bike to lectures in September? How? Feeling dizzy, shaky and out of breathe by the time she gets there? Not being able to concentrate and feeling out of focus the entire lecture, unable to remember a single thing she just heard? Biking back to her flat after a long day will be even more dangerous. Let's not even think about all of the work she's got to do now on the minimum amount of calories she'll be consuming. Because by the time she starts up in uni again, this is going to be a lot further advanced if she doesn't put forth some work into her mental health. :\

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Ruby really needs to wake up. The whole ed baiting and triggering people online is one thing but she's being blind to the fact that her instagram could get removed for harmful content meaning no more money Ruby darling.

Can't do a sponsored post for a laptop you never use on Instagram if you don't have one Ruby now can you? And this can all trickle down the rest her social media accounts where she can get demonitized and potentially no longer have "a brand". Her social media following is/was the best thing going for her since she never worked a day in her life. She could've gotten a book deal like every other youtuber but with her and her social media declining/balancing on the edge I can't see that happening.

So congrats Ruby. You're ruining not only your health and relationships but also your future. Please go get help before it's too late.

Reactions: 20
Ruby really needs to wake up. The whole ed baiting and triggering people online is one thing but she's being blind to the fact that her instagram could get removed for harmful content meaning no more money Ruby darling.

Can't do a sponsored post for a laptop you never use on Instagram if you don't have one Ruby now can you? And this can all trickle down the rest her social media accounts where she can get demonitized and potentially no longer have "a brand". Her social media following is/was the best thing going for her since she never worked a day in her life. She could've gotten a book deal like every other youtuber but with her and her social media declining/balancing on the edge I can't see that happening.

So congrats Ruby. You're ruining not only your health and relationships but also your future. Please go get help before it's too late.
Her instagram won't get removed though as she isn't technically breaking any rules. I think she'll lose the support of many of her followers though.

Reactions: 9

I've already seen people saying they are gonna report her instagram, don't know how many due to deleted comments and that post, but I'm not sure how many reports you need until an account gets deleted, and who knows how many people have reported her in silent.

Reactions: 4
She seems to be a bit silent at the moment and hasn't deleted more comments, I don't know what time it is for her so I don't know what she's doing but I wonder if this is the start of a social media silence to see if things "calm down" on her next post"

Reactions: 1
I think regardless of the fact that she likely needs help and that we are also rightfully very concerned for her younger viewers, it would feel like she is being ganged up on. Some of the comments are very confronting and there are a lot of them in a short time. I agree that the triggering posts need to stop, but if she’s as unwell as we think she is then having that many comments (some written with a lot of intensity) would be so overwhelming and fuelling presumable self loathing which can fuel more negative behaviour. I’m not at all excusing the triggering content, but at the end of the day even when people are not acting in a good way, they are doing the best they know how in that moment. I think people can and should express concern and even say they’re stepping back so as not to get triggered (or some may just unfollow and step away quietly too, because the numbers will still show her there’s a problem), but yeah I’m getting a bit of a gang mentality vibe in the comments, which happens so easily and often with humans. It’s so easy to get caught up in the drama of it all. I’ve found myself doing it simply by the amount I’ve refreshed this page 🙈. I know it’s probably the wrong platform to share this, but I’m not going to apologise for sounding soft lol. At 30 I’ve seen some sh*t, and I’ve met a lot of unwell people (be they traumatised or sheltered) who sometimes take a bit longer to find the insight and experience to do better. Not many people (if any) are simply ‘bad’, and life and people just are not as black and white as I used to insist they were. Okie doke, Merry Christmas everyone 😅
There have definitely been a lot more people pointing out her triggering habits and lot less of her devoted fans leaping to her defense in the comments, but this has been building for a really long time. There's been too many comments for too long for her to honestly think this is a sudden thing or that she's being ganged up on out of nowhere. She's been fully aware of people's response to her actions, she's happily ignored it and kept doing it, and here we are.

How many times has she had to preface a food post with a defensive excuse that the rest of her food was off-screen, or that she ate an entire smorgasbord of food moments later, but her camera died so that's conveniently not shown? She's well aware what she's doing will negatively impact people and can predict what people will say about it, yet she still does it.

I do feel sorry for her. Her parents are clearly either too oblivious or too mollycoddling to care, and she doesn't exactly have the biggest social support structure to call her out and intervene when she's slipped into dangerous habits. But that sympathy wanes quickly when she acknowledges that she's posting things that are unhealthy, but continues doing them without regard for anyone.

She's infinitely more interested in hocking crappy sponsored products to her young fanbase than she is at safeguarding their mental health from her position as an influencer. She's more than happy to embrace her role as an influencer when it means convincing kids to buy things they don't need to earn herself some cash, so she really doesn't get to plead ignorance to the influence she has on their eating habits, too, especially when they're commenting on her posts asking for weight loss tips to look like her.

She doesn't owe anyone a grand confession that she has an ED. She doesn't owe anyone any movement towards recovery - although I truly hope she does take that step towards getting better. But she does have a duty of care to the children watching who are viewing her dangerous behaviour as aspirational and commenting as such. She owes it to the ED sufferers in recovery watching her videos for studytube content to not just hurl a bombardment of food triggers and blatant bodychecking at them instead. And there's a simple solution to both: She need to stop posting things like that.

She should be well aware by now that she needs help, and help's there if she needs it. People have been commenting on her post for months urging her to get help, and almost every comment has been from a place of sympathy and concern. She is/was friends with Molly, who has first-hand experience with ED and I'm sure would have been happy to listen and help. She's had help at hand, but she's clearly unready or unwilling to get help, and that's incredibly sad. I hope she gets to that point sooner than later. But if can't or won't control her compulsions, then she needs to at least stop broadcasting it to the world, or there's going to be more kids following in her footsteps.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This may sound harsh, but I hope she DOES feel somewhat ganged up on. I hope she feels bad, I hope the comments she‘s received over on Insta have caused a crisis for her. And, above all, I hope the crisis leads to her getting help, maybe taking a break (though I will miss the loltastic content) and figuring out why what she’s been doing has been damaging to everyone. I hope she’s able to overcome any self-pity and self-hatred she has and actually grow from this experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
sweet heart my ass :ROFLMAO:
All these influencers have agencies who help them follow a very specific agenda: MONEY. Makes me sick that young kids think they are their friends and would only want the best for them. They want your money.
Ruby is no different

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.