Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re her blog: she has lots of posts of female actors, calling them pretty or just posting a photo of their faces with no caption. Obviously we know Ruby is big on idolising people, but this is also kinda interesting given our speculation on her sexuality.

Also, did she comment on her own blog telling herself to keep up the good work???

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Re her blog: she has lots of posts of female actors, calling them pretty or just posting a photo of their faces with no caption. Obviously we know Ruby is big on idolising people, but this is also kinda interesting given our speculation on her sexuality.

Also, did she comment on her own blog telling herself to keep up the good work???
I think calling girls "pretty" is just the No. 1 go-to compliment that children say without reading further into it. Plus, she most likely wanted to be an actor herself.

What I find very interesting, though, is that she was very much caught up with all the pop culture trends of the time. She didn't grow up a recluse and some crazy academia child. Hopefully, with watching Queen's Gambit now she can finally get down from her "not like other girls" high horse and realize that, to be a rounded person, you need to be aware of much more than just course syllabi.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Lmfao what the duck, why is she responding to herself 😭
I do still think her idolising certain women in that way probably isn’t much of an indicator of her sexuality, I think she just becomes obsessed with certain characters but doesn’t actually fancy them or anything

Reactions: 16

These are posts from ten years ago, I’d guess most 10-11 year old girls look at other girls and think they’re pretty or, if they’re ‘famous’, are something they’d like to be. I think taking posts from an 11 year old’s blog and extrapolating anything about their sexuality as a 20-odd year old is a bit of a stretch.

Reactions: 35
Some people really take the speculations to another level lol. Though I must say for a 10 years old it's a super basic description of fav/most liked actresses. Given how much of a genius she is :rolleyes:

Either way, the ig photo caption also seemed weird to me. Like, are they even that close to begin with? She left Blakeney super early to play starving victorian child at home and I thought they haven't had that much time to live together and really bond with each other. Personally I would reserve the "my favourite person" bit to people I'm actually super close with (if I used it at all cause I'm not very into social media) but captioning a post like that could be seen as creepy tbh - I would if I was just a new friend / flatmate for a bit. It just sounds weird and out of place. Like I would see it as either (a) try hard, pretending we're super close and bffs and then not see each other or have much contact for months, or (b) creepy as in super socially awkward. I think Ruby is 2nd lol. And maybe 1st as she's desperately trying to prove she has friends her age since we've been talking here recently about her lack of any social life.

Reactions: 14
Why does her finger look so weird in her last Instagram story?
Edit: lol someone else noticed that too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just caught up with Ruby on here and I thought it was me just imagining that she lost weight. Like the first thing I noticed was that her face looked alot slimmer/more defined. I hadn’t seen her videos in like a year so I must say it kinda saddened me. I hope she’s ok…

Reactions: 5
Looks like she’s doing a children’s book readathon 👀
And you just know each individual book will feature in her ‘what I read this year’ video ... ‘And then I read all of the Biff, Chip and Kipper books from the Oxford Reading Tree level 1+, and that was 24 books!’ Fair play Ruby but it’s not exactly a Proustian epic, is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
In the subscribers list for her academic YouTube channel I noticed that she’s following Megsy Recovery - her name kind of says what you’d assume, which is that she talks about ED recovery.

As someone in recovery, who has very strong opinions on the toxicity of the “recovery community”, snd is one of the rare people I actually follow because she is very real about it. Nothing is romanticised but she’s also never triggering (I highly recommend!)

But back to Ruby - the fact she follows Meg is just… bizarre? Well, bizarre if you’re not in recovery/struggling with an ED yourself. From reading boons on EDs to following others with EDs, that can’t all just be “academic interest” as I think Ruby or her fans once cited.

Basically, I find it almost impossibly to believe that Ruby is not struggling with an ED, and this makes two aspects of her content so deeply troubling: body checking and food content. If you know you are struggling with an ED, and have a large audience, both of those things are just NOT OKAY.

If she isn’t willing or ready to seek help, or simply be transparent about her struggles withher audience, she must stop sharing this content. It is so so damaging.

Disclaimer: as someone who’s struggled with an ED, I would be the first to acknowledge that getting help/talking about it is very difficult. I therefore stress that I am not critiquing Ruby for this. what I am critiquing is the content she shares. It makes her no better than Emily Canham/Eugenia Cooney.

Finally, I am curious if she follows Jessie Paege? As Jessie has openly acknowledged her past struggles with an ED now and how she denied it to herself for a long time. The thing with Ruby is - she isn’t in that total denial stage, because she is following this content. She KNOWS there is an issue and that is what I can’t forgive.
178C763C-A195-4001-B93B-2AF0FB7EE0A1.jpeg

Reactions: 9
I've been watching Ruby for about a year and I actually found this forum when I tried to to see if anyone else had noticed that she's lost a frightening amount of weight. It seems to me that not only has she been exercising way more than I would say is normal (some of her routines would have 3 exercise sessions a day, plus long walks) she has also changed her eating habits from they were when she began university.

I feel like this food haul video gives a good idea of what she ate and it's clear she eats differently now:

There are snacks and veggie burgers here, beans and bread -- foods that are calorically dense, basically. Now she eats frozen fruit bowls for breakfast and boiled vegetables for lunch and dinner. Back in her first year, she even followed recipes (she mentioned Buzzfeed's Tasty recipes a few times in vlogs). I really think she's not doing well and I hope over the summer people around her don't let her exercise off every calorie she takes in.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

This looks like something she wrote when she was really young OP smhhhh 😂 😂 I love reading gay subtext into things, sure, but this ain't it

I've been watching Ruby for about a year and I actually found this forum when I tried to to see if anyone else had noticed that she's lost a frightening amount of weight. It seems to me that not only has she been exercising way more than I would say is normal (some of her routines would have 3 exercise sessions a day, plus long walks) she has also changed her eating habits from they were when she began university.

I feel like this food haul video gives a good idea of what she ate and it's clear she eats differently now:

There are snacks and veggie burgers here, beans and bread -- foods that are calorically dense, basically. Now she eats frozen fruit bowls for breakfast and boiled vegetables for lunch and dinner. Back in her first year, she even followed recipes (she mentioned Buzzfeed's Tasty recipes a few times in vlogs). I really think she's not doing well and I hope over the summer people around her don't let her exercise off every calorie she takes in.
I'm just shook that she's a student who can afford Ocado lmao, I can barely afford regular trips to big Sainsburys' !!

Reactions: 13
I'm just shook that she's a student who can afford Ocado lmao, I can barely afford regular trips to big Sainsburys' !!
I remember watching this vlog and being absolutely blown away that she did a massive shop with Ocado, way to produce relatable student content Roobee. It's a 25 minute walk to Aldi for my big shops 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I remember watching this vlog and being absolutely blown away that she did a massive shop with Ocado, way to produce relatable student content Roobee. It's a 25 minute walk to Aldi for my big shops 😂
I'm more confused by the hello fresh box in the background did she do a ad for them

Reactions: 4
I'm more confused by the hello fresh box in the background did she do a ad for them
lol I think she’s about the only youtuber who hasn’t 😂 I think her family gets meal subscription boxes and she used those to pack for uni.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.