Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, of course. My seminars are mostly presentation-based and so had to be modified quite significantly as well during Corona, also sometimes on short notice. But I thought every university made sure that material (including presentations) was uploaded to platforms that are in line with data-security-policies (or however you call it in English)? I'm quite shocked that an institution like Exeter doesn't have (or use) their own platforms.

But that's just my confusion, so feel free to move on from the topic if it's to ot. :)
Yeah it is kinda weird that they just had them upload it to Youtube lol

Reactions: 4
Youtube is full of high school and uni presentations so maybe it's not been the experience of some posters but it's not necessarily unusual. I think her presentation style is fine. It's a little exaggerated but honestly, that's what comes off as engaging and good style for some profs and we all know that when were nervous and presenting, not all of us behave totally "naturally". To speculate over a competitive relationship between her and the over girl...female friendships are complicated and to me you can really love, support, and respect someone but also have a natural edge of competition. I think it's natural to feel that way at times and being an adult is not letting those thoughts translate into actions or words that deliberately hurt, sabotage, or otherwise make the relationship toxic or awkward. I don't see anything like that, just slightly different presentation styles.

Usually I roll my eyes when someone brings up supposed weight loss. But as a skeptic, wow she definitely has lost a lot of weight and for that to visually translate it's not just the 5 or so pounds of water fluctuation or whatever. Sometimes people lose a bit of "baby fat" with a bit more cardio in their early 20s but seems to have lost quite a bit all over and I find that this change is more often in girls who are taller unlike Ruby. I do hope she is doing ok as the pressure to look a certain way is probably exacerbated by her social media presence. Smart girls aren't supposed to care too much about glamour but there's also the stereotype of the academic who is so caught up in studying and scholarship that she forgets to eat and yet looks lithe and pretty without seeming to try to hard.

Reactions: 11
At the risk of sounding callous, after all the ED baiting and blatant body checking Ruby has been doing on social media for literal months, I don’t give a flying duck* whether she’s actually suffering or it’s just LARPing gone too far, or even whether she gets help. What I care about at this point is that she’s projecting a very unhealthy image of supposed ”success” to her followers, and it needs to stop. For every follower who thinks she looks like an aged, underfed monkey in her most recent insta story, there’s at least one who thinks they should lose weight, too, to be more like their idol.

*today. I reserve the right to have sympathy for her some other day if I choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Youtube is full of high school and uni presentations so maybe it's not been the experience of some posters but it's not necessarily unusual. I think her presentation style is fine. It's a little exaggerated but honestly, that's what comes off as engaging and good style for some profs and we all know that when were nervous and presenting, not all of us behave totally "naturally". To speculate over a competitive relationship between her and the over girl...female friendships are complicated and to me you can really love, support, and respect someone but also have a natural edge of competition. I think it's natural to feel that way at times and being an adult is not letting those thoughts translate into actions or words that deliberately hurt, sabotage, or otherwise make the relationship toxic or awkward. I don't see anything like that, just slightly different presentation styles.

Usually I roll my eyes when someone brings up supposed weight loss. But as a skeptic, wow she definitely has lost a lot of weight and for that to visually translate it's not just the 5 or so pounds of water fluctuation or whatever. Sometimes people lose a bit of "baby fat" with a bit more cardio in their early 20s but seems to have lost quite a bit all over and I find that this change is more often in girls who are taller unlike Ruby. I do hope she is doing ok as the pressure to look a certain way is probably exacerbated by her social media presence. Smart girls aren't supposed to care too much about glamour but there's also the stereotype of the academic who is so caught up in studying and scholarship that she forgets to eat and yet looks lithe and pretty without seeming to try to hard.
I think some people can be far too critical. She's not the worst presenter, but not the best. Personally I would never publicly publish my academic presentations for potentially the world to find, but that's just me.

As far as weight loss goes, I'd be surprised if none of her family or friends has mentioned it to her because it's become so apparent. Either they just really don't notice it or are afraid to say anything to her for fear she would react negatively.

Reactions: 4
Please ruby, if you are reading, you deserve help and happiness, so please be honest to your close ones and tell them about your struggles. Or talk to Molly I am sure she will understand.

Reactions: 7
Omg how'd you find this? Also I think one definitive good thing we can day is that her writing has improved since 2013. This is not readable.
This is a bit cringy and normally it's not very cool to comment on the cringy stuff people did as teenagers (because like everyone is cringy when they're young, it's normal). But it's likely that Ruby hasn't grown that much from this mindset over the years lol

Reactions: 14
This is a bit cringy and normally it's not very cool to comment on the cringy stuff people did as teenagers (because like everyone is cringy when they're young, it's normal). But it's likely that Ruby hasn't grown that much from this mindset over the years lol
Yeah you're right; she was 12 or 13 then I think--should I delete the post? I'm happy to

Reactions: 1
What the heck, I'm too confused. What's going on? Are they official uni presentations? (Would any uni expect their students to upload presentations to YouTube, publicly available?!? At my uni this would be so out of question.) Or are they "just for fun"? (And then why the heck would somebody record, cut and upload whole bleeping presentations... for fun! I consider myself a quite academic person as well, but that's just weird.)

Edit: Or option 3, was Ruby too self-indulgent or stupid to private them? (Which again, I repeat myself, wtf?!?)
The channel also has shared playlists set up (on subjects completely unrelated to her course/presentations) and has subscribed to a bunch of YouTubers she doesn't go to uni with .

So either she forgot she wasn't logged into her main account or this was, at some point or fully intended to be an extension of her channel and showcase her personality and interests to the students/teachers/random people on the internet viewing her videos.

For uni/work videos, I'd send an unlisted video link on a bare profile with no other details or info visible - it's not needed and not professional or wise to include (you don't know what teacher/student is going to get spontaneously offended by even innocuous unnecessary personal details/interests/favourite videos, so it's wiser to leave them out.) This is like like me handing in an essay with a note clipped to it telling the lecturer my top ten films and a recipe for vegan lasagne. I'm also shocked she didn't monetise the videos and have her classmates sit through ads with a bunch of affiliate links in the description.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I just found out I can use my Italian university email to get Notion's Education plan for free. My Ruby metamorphosis is near.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.