Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is a grammar school hard? Sorry I’m not from the Uk.
Yes. Because they knew we would perform well academically we were pushed a lot more than state schools. Me and a friend I made at uni who went to a different grammar school had to unpack a lot of those feelings of "anything lower than a B is failure" that we learnt while we were there.

Reactions: 7
Bloody hell, Ruby it’s not that the sun cream is pale it’s just that you’re using enough to cover your face, neck and shoulders 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Was that it we've waited a week for that
ikr? a really lackluster, short video, giving us nothing new about Roobee. Literally there's nothing different about this routine to her other 124255654 except that she's working on her internship instead of uni and.... drumroll please.... using Notion

Reactions: 8
I’m terrified of some of these people
Some of the comments on the new video are just soooo weird, in a kind-of disturbing way. You really do get the impression that not all of Ruby’s audience is made up of actual young people ...

Reactions: 14
wow, she did the same stuff we’ve seen over 30 times already! thank you Roobee, very cool /s

Reactions: 9
Just watched her new, very short, umpteenth video on a Morning Routine. Not at University, not presently in school, pointless video. Talk about not being able to come up with a single original thought in her dense head. She looks so emaciated that she looks in her 40's now. Back to reading while brushing her teeth, but has she still not learned how to brush them without foaming at the mouth and keeping her mouth closed? I get disgusted looking at that backsplash full of photos that she brings around everywhere with her. Splattered with her spit from brushing her teeth, splattered with water and who know what else when washing face or hands. She is so disgusting. Her clothes look like they are hanging on her. And what is with the need to have a Personal Growth Chart with prompts? She really can't just live life and needs prompts to grow up? Wow. She is messed up beyond words. Stop making videos, Ruby. They are worthless. Go get some counseling and get straightened out. You are slipping away fast.

Reactions: 12
This made about as much sense as one of Ruby’s book reviews

Just watched her new, very short, umpteenth video on a Morning Routine. Not at University, not presently in school, pointless video. Talk about not being able to come up with a single original thought in her dense head. She looks so emaciated that she looks in her 40's now. Back to reading while brushing her teeth, but has she still not learned how to brush them without foaming at the mouth and keeping her mouth closed? I get disgusted looking at that backsplash full of photos that she brings around everywhere with her. Splattered with her spit from brushing her teeth, splattered with water and who know what else when washing face or hands. She is so disgusting. Her clothes look like they are hanging on her. And what is with the need to have a Personal Growth Chart with prompts? She really can't just live life and needs prompts to grow up? Wow. She is messed up beyond words. Stop making videos, Ruby. They are worthless. Go get some counseling and get straightened out. You are slipping away fast.
I think you were slightly harsh on her. Prompts for personal growth are literally just ideas that help with journaling, I don’t think it’s about growing up

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This made about as much sense as one of Ruby’s book reviews

I think you were slightly harsh on her. Prompts for personal growth are literally just ideas that help with journaling, I don’t think it’s about growing up
Welcome to Tattle.Life where we express our opinions. She is absolutely ridiculous and has yet to act her age.

• Heart
  • Haha
I left a comment on her video, curious to see if her fans will realise it's sarcasm haha

I do have to say that there were some cool vibes from that video but overall I felt like the shots she showed of her room and her laptop summarised her pretty well: make things pretty not useful

Reactions: 2

(Sighs)

Ruby... 🤦‍♂️ Just...sit. We need to talk.

We'll start with the little things.

"Making cereal bowls for breakfast." Whoa, you made pottery first thing in the morning?! That's impressive! Maybe you should've included that in the video? Oh. Wait. What? You were just talking about a bowl of cereal? Yeah...y'see Rubes, on Planet Earth, we humans generally don't phrase things like that. I mean, if you bought a packet of crisps, you wouldn't say "I ate a crisp packet for lunch", would you? Or would you? I feel like we need to clarify these things from now on, because with you I'm just not sure anymore. Just write this down: "I'm not making and eating the container, I'm making and eating the food inside." Got it? Okay, cool.

Whoever had 'Ruby Says "Woe is me! I was bullied!"' on your bingo card today, come collect your prize. Ruby, if your self-insert book about getting bullied is reflective of you being bullied, I gotta ask...

And if you were, don't let it define you. Don't mention it Every. Single. Day. If you do, then you're allowing bullies to occupy your mind rent-free and allowing yourself to be brought down by people you haven't seen since high school. They've moved on. You can, too. Live your life and embrace your successes. That way, you win, not them.

Okay. Now onto the bigger stuff.

Remember when we talked about having a clear, concise title that reflects the content of your video? Y'see, you're not quite there yet. Points awarded for not shoving 'Slow-Living Burnt Bagelcore Academia #ad" at the end or something though. "Finding Like-Minding People at University" is a clear title...for a different video. This video should have been titled "Vlog: Ruby Films Her Friends Walking Away For 18 Minutes With Occasional Shots of Food (With a 60 Second Ramble About Friendship or Something.)"

Look, the video title should reflect the video as a whole, not a tiny bit at the end. Here's an example: They called the movie 'Spider-Man 2' because he's the main character and it was the second movie in the series. Simple, right? They did not call it 'That Guy on the Street Who Screams That Spider-Man Stole Someone's Pizza.' Because, while that guy is in the movie, he's not the focal point, and barely makes an appearance. You see?

Edit: Wait, I forgot, you don't watch movies. Well, here's another example: The book is called 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' because Harry's the main character and the plot revolves around someone trying to steal The Philosopher's Stone. Clear. Concise. Ever wondered why the first book isn't called 'Mr. Ollivander and the Collection of Wands'? No, you haven't, because he's barely in it. So bear that in mind when titling future videos.

Now, last time I suggested separating your content into complete, substantial series instead of just cramming all your content into a half-assed vlog every time. You failed miserably again.

There's a good video to be made about making friends as a socially-awkward introvert at uni. So make that. Have it be its own video with some preparation and thought put into it. Talk to Blakeney on-screen to see what her experience making friends at uni was like compared to yours, or get other student's thoughts, tips experiences. Here, you've just shoved a whispery ramble on the end of an unrelated vlog, talking about friends you met on your uni course, and with Molly I was like...

But anyway, make that a full video. That and the tea review were the only parts approaching actual content in 18 minutes of filler. Why didn't you make those their own videos? Cramming everything into a minimum-effort vlog is a waste of content ideas. A 'Tea Review' series would give you a new, regular content stream to appeal to your fans and new viewers. A video about making friends at uni when you're socially awkward is relevant and interesting content. You could interview people who started uni during the Age of the 'Rona to get their experiences and tips for making friends remotely, too. I guess that would require effort though...

Look, maybe you're just not cut out for this YouTube content creator game anymore. Have you considered working as one of those sign-twirler people who stand in the street and advertise car dealerships? I feel like that's more your speed - costumes are encouraged and you can spin about whimsically as much as you like.

🤦‍♂️ Ruby... No, don't sit - you're not staying.

Stop this. Just stop. You remember when TV shows used to make clip shows comprised of recycled footage from old episodes because it was a cheap and lazy way to add an extra episode to the season with minimal cost and effort? This is that, but much, much worse, because at least those shows had entertaining and original content to recycle. You can't keep doing this.

Literally the only difference between your apparent routine here and your routine at home is that you're living with Blakeney. And you chose to film this on a day when she wasn't even there! "Something new? Oh, no thanks! I'll stick with the same old bullshit, if you please!" You do realise you're not beholden to the filming schedules that you make up, right? You can change your own schedule. Why didn't you wait a day to film if eating with Blakeney is your actual Exeter morning routine?

Generally when people add narration and music over dull footage, they mute said footage. It's not hard. So why did you feel like the world needs to hear disgusting fart sounds from your empty suncream bottle? Are you also trying to corner the market on crappy ASMR videos like you've conquered your 'studytube, but for the eccentric and mentally enfeebled' niche?

Reading while brushing your teeth is not intelligent. It is not productive. It is not efficient. It's not quirky or endearing. It is idiotic. I know this is a performative thing you do just for videos, but just the appearance of it is quite possibly the dumbest tit ever. How long are you claiming to be brushing your teeth for for this to be worthwhile?

If that book is demanding your attention so much, why not read in place of some of a fraction time you spend frolicking, writing 8 billion to-do lists or gazing out of the window, yearning for the age of cholera? This would be preferable to having a nice paperback sullied and warped by the disgusting Cujo-like drool frothing from your mouth while you're trying to read. At least you used a Kindle this time.

If I were your parent, and I saw you doing this as a child, I'd be at least slightly tempted to put you up for adoption. You are now 21 years old. People do not do this. Reading books while brushing your teeth is like deciding to rethread your shoelaces at the dinner table while eating spaghetti: Pointless, weird as duck and asking for trouble.

I quit. You're a lost cause. You're on your own.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think her parents are just really rich and could easily afford to pay for private school for both of their kids. I also think Ruby probably would’ve struggled a lot at a grammar school tbh.
Why do you think she would've struggled at a grammar? What makes a grammar school different from a private school?

Reactions: 1
Why do you think she would've struggled at a grammar? What makes a grammar school different from a private school?
Grammar schools are academically selective, while not all private schools are (and some private schools have fairly low academic entrance requirements, even though they're nominally selective). In grammar schools there also tends to be less coddling - larger class sizes etc.

• Heart
Some of the comments on the new video are just soooo weird, in a kind-of disturbing way. You really do get the impression that not all of Ruby’s audience is made up of actual young people ...
I saw someone spamming the live chat begging for her email address... yikes.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.