Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of the comments on the new video are just soooo weird, in a kind-of disturbing way. You really do get the impression that not all of Ruby’s audience is made up of actual young people ...
Almost all the comments are weird and worrying in their own ways.

Like this one: "FINALLY, a morning routine that is not full of crazy habits that make me feel like I bad for just doing me."

"Not full of crazy habits"... Again, to recap: This was a morning routine which featured a grown woman reading a book while brushing her teeth.

I hope Ruby never learns to drive. "I'm not sure what happened, officer! One moment I was driving while reading my latest chapter of 'Sheldon the Turtle's First Day at School' on my Kindle and eating a rice cake because I'm very efficient that way. Then, the next thing I know, my car's upside down in the rubble and wreckage of a Poundland and everyone's screaming at me and calling me nasty things! How quickly can you arrest all these people for bullying me?!"

My favourite thing about this new, terrible video was someone commenting in the chat "How do I join the book club?"

Ruby's probably there reading that like...

Also, did anyone notice that Ruby has now covered her bathroom mirror in photos, to the point she'd be unable to see her body in the mirror? It's odd at best, worrying at worst.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Why do you think she would've struggled at a grammar? What makes a grammar school different from a private school?
Well, this is just based on my personal experience, but I went to a grammar school and we were put under a huge amount of pressure to achieve really high grades, however the quality of teaching was incredibly poor, a lot of our teachers were lazy and tended to just rely on the fact that we were high achievers so would do well anyway. The class sizes were large (25-30 people), so we rarely had one on one time with teachers and I think she would’ve struggled a lot with that.
I think a large part of the reason she did so well at private school was because her classes were tiny (I remember her saying some of them had only 4 other people), so I guess there were a lot of opportunities to have personal tutoring and ask questions etc.
Tbf tho, my school was particularly shite so maybe she would have done well at another grammar school idk.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Almost all the comments are weird and worrying in their own ways.

Like this one: "FINALLY, a morning routine that is not full of crazy habits that make me feel like I bad for just doing me."

"Not full of crazy habits"... Again, to recap: This was a morning routine which featured a grown woman reading a book while brushing her teeth.

I hope Ruby never learns to drive. "I'm not sure what happened, officer! One moment I was driving while reading my latest chapter of 'Sheldon the Turtle's First Day at School' on my Kindle and eating a rice cake because I'm very efficient that way. Then, the next thing I know, my car's upside down in the rubble and wreckage of a Poundland and everyone's screaming at me and calling me nasty things! How quickly can you arrest all these people for bullying me?!"

My favourite thing about this new, terrible video was someone commenting in the chat "How do I join the book club?"

Ruby's probably there reading that like...

Also, did anyone notice that Ruby has now covered her bathroom mirror in photos, to the point she'd be unable to see her body in the mirror? It's odd at best, worrying at worst.
And who keeps photos in the bathroom? How long are you spending in your bathroom that you need photos to brighten up the room?

Yeah, that would not make me smile lmao at all it feels like this person is going to ask to purchase her bath water in her next video

• Haha
Reactions: 11
And who keeps photos in the bathroom? How long are you spending in your bathroom that you need photos to brighten up the room?
"Nothing show your friends and family you love them like plastering their photos all over the room generally reserved for pooping and washing dirt and filth from your body! When you see their smiling faces, covered in a backsplash of soap suds and encrusted in dried toothpaste, you'll be starting your day with an instant reminder of the joy they bring!"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Re IQ (for all the innumerable flaws with quantifying intelligence, especially from the racist paradigm these tests have been designed in): she took the SAT in one of her videos after her second year at university and got a 1340, which is around or below the 90th percentile. Good, but not what you'd expect of someone with a 160 IQ, lol--especially considering she was taking it after her second (first) year at university, three years after most students take it.
My university is R1 (which I think is the closest thing to the equivalent to Russell Group in the US. I see RG described as the British Ivy League but that just doesn't seem right, since there are only eight, mostly small Ivy League universities in a country with 5 times as many people as the UK. R1 universities are classified by high research output) and has 50,000 students (i.e. it can't be that selective). It has an average SAT of accepted applicants of 1370--and these applicants took the test in the last couple years of high school.

Reactions: 4
My university is R1 (which I think is the closest thing to the equivalent to Russell Group in the US. I see RG described as the British Ivy League but that just doesn't seem right, since there are only eight, mostly small Ivy League universities in a country with 5 times as many people as the UK. R1 universities are classified by high research output) and has 50,000 students (i.e. it can't be that selective). It has an average SAT of accepted applicants of 1370--and these applicants took the test in the last couple years of high school.
Ha, the Russell Group definitely isn't equivalent to the Ivy League. It's a group universities pay to be in which gives them clout, but it actually means very little in terms of education quality as far as I know. It's really to do with the research quality/amount, not the undergraduate education. It's also worth bearing in mind that there are some very good universities which are not part of the Russell Group, despite being better in terms of undergrad courses. My uni, St Andrews, is one of the best in the UK. In the Guardian league tables it ranked 2nd, ahead of Cambridge, my degree is Classics and English - it's 2nd for Classics, and 3rd for English. Obviously different tables measure different things, but for arts subjects it's often top 5. It's much worse for STEM subjects though, and because it's a very small uni comparatively it doesn't have the same research output, and so isn't part of the Russell Group.

Reactions: 6
One comment said:

eema.
eema.
il y a 4 heures
Hi Ruby! I am pretty sure you turned 21 but your description still says you are 20! anyways i love the videooo

So. Sloppy. Didn't even fact check her own details in the description! and had to have a random subscriber correct her. That's embarrassing (and she must feel it too, because she deleted her reply so the comment doesn't get more attention...)

Reactions: 5
WTF is this? A weetabix face?!
Its when your trying to get your toddler to eat so you make pictures out of the food
Like when I had to dye mash potatoes green and say its like what shaun the sheep eats

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I see she had tyooomeric tea in the morning routine!

I don't get what work she says she's doing when university must be finished for the summer- why has she even gone back just now? Mine finished at the end of May after the exams and started again mid September. There was no work over the summer because modules were finished for the year and we started new ones in the Sept. There was work tyoooo dyooo in the other holidays but not summer 🤔

Reactions: 7
I see she had tyooomeric tea in the morning routine!

I don't get what work she says she's doing when university must be finished for the summer- why has she even gone back just now? Mine finished at the end of May after the exams and started again mid September. There was no work over the summer because modules were finished for the year and we started new ones in the Sept. There was work tyoooo dyooo in the other holidays but not summer 🤔
She is doing her internship work of transcribing documents - doesn't seem like it's super intensive anyway

I think it's two things 1) she ran out of ideas on how to play house as a victorian toddler and now wants to play boarding school, 2) she is still paying rent so wants to use the flat

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.