Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bellawella22

Chatty Member
I’m a bit over the SP/AD of all the nice hotels and restaurants around Ireland. Some life while we’re all after our day’s work. Close to unfollowing to be honest.

Reactions: 10

atr_dub

I see she's getting lifted out of it over the sizing of her new hiking gear. Rightly so. You can't try to be the centre of a body image positivity movement and not include clothing sizes for fat people. What a whoops moment. I really like her but that was just the stupidest oversight and a sign of her size privilege.

Jg86

VIP Member
I hate how she makes out that she is not a slim woman! Like I don’t think anyone with a bit of sense would look at her and think she’s anything but slim? But she’s constantly saying oh when I was younger I wanted to be skinny but now I embrace my size…… what, a size 8, maybe a 8-10?
It's part of her act. She thinks it makes her relatable talking about embracing her bigger size. She is so clueless.

Yintang

I'm pretty sure we would all come across as genuinely enjoying a place if we all got paid 12 grand for it 😂😂😂😂
Before I know it I will see people saying that they would be delighted to see the likes of siobhan o hagan or Trisha Lewis getting paid for nights away around ireland as well.

All influencers are driven by the same desire to make as much money as they can for doing sweet fuck all, because they all know their time is short and sooner or later the general public will get some common sense and see them for what they are.
Of course we all would. But all I'm saying is that at least Roz puts in quite a bit effort to make it genuine. Many of those hikes involve getting up ridiculously early, hiking for several hours and all that. It's more to my taste than the usual influencer hotel stays where it's endless drivel about outfits and makeup. Each to their own.
It's still a lot cheaper for the advertiser and probably has more reach than a traditional or newspaper advert was my point.

Irishjools

A product that, bear in mind, is aimed at active women, who hike. I'm not by any means saying that larger women aren't active, but it would be naive to think that statistically her target market is an average size 16. I'm a size 12-14 myself and very active, so I'm not making assumptions on size vs activity levels, I'm just trying to put it in to an actual business perspective.
You have just made an assumption 🙈

This carryon wouldn't entice anyone above a size 16 join any hikes with this cool size 6-16 only club. Not only do we think you're not active you also cannot wear our cool tops. Size 16+ couldn't be pushed any further away.
Her 'business' is body positivity but her practise shows the opposite.

Siobs

VIP Member
Same. I liked her before she started all this showing off her fat and cellulite to try and appeal to everyone. If the 16 was labelled as a XL really don’t think she had any intention of getting bigger sizes. She probably thought going by her hike life followers the biggest would be a 14-16

Belowdeck

I think a
Well, if you think about it, if you start 6-8 at XS, you end up with XL at 14-16. That's standard sizing. It's the industry that's the problem, not her, to be fair to the girl. If you start questioning that then you have to start at XXS and that's going to start another war, so you can't win.

Also, from a business venture perspective ignoring the sensitive issue that is weight and size, her current market are her hike life groups. If you go on that research alone, hypothetically, her current market may be only up to that size. If you're starting a new business you go with your market research first. If women weren't conditioned to be so bloody offended when it comes to how they look then it would have gone like this....

'Oh hi Roz, I'm a size 18 and would love one of these, will you be making them available in other sizes?'...that leads to more people expressing interest and thus evidence of a larger (no pun intended) market, and that's when you add new products or sizes.

Would also like to state that I am size 12-14 (or 16 if that's what fits), have been a size 8, and recovered from an eating disorder, so I'm not a privileged 'skinny girl' who's never had to worry about her size.
100 % agree. Don’t understand people saying wait to launch. Most high street shops don’t go beyond a size 16/18. Not saying that’s right but I think to start up to a size 16 is a reasonable launch. Think that she’s getting a really hard time over this and she’s one of the good ones who’s real about her size and not photoshopping and filtering it all away.

No one deserves to be abused and everyone makes mistakes I just think followers of a bigger size are disappointed in her. This is her line of clothing so I’m sure she could have made sure it was all inclusive if she wanted to. I didn’t hear her mention anything about bigger sizes just different colours the day she was showing how they fit but I might have missed that. Love the jackets though
I haven’t seen anyone abuse her. Criticise her, yes, but abuse, no. If she puts out a product that she is making money from, she should be accountable for it and she should have foreseen the criticism considering the way she markets herself on Instagram. I agree, I think her followers are disappointed in her too, when she uses her “content content” (which irritates the life out of me, why not just post the original in the first place instead of filtering the first time?) to make herself seem like she’s just like everyone else, they probably thought they’d be able to dress like her too with her range but nope, the merch won’t fit them because it’s not inclusive

Jg86

VIP Member
Who showcases the beauty of Ireland while wearing high priced fashion gear that she sells to followers.
All true but we must not forget she also flogs her own crappy piss poor quality leggings and tops from time to time .

**Showcases Ireland ,while staying in 5 star places and never paying for them making her gullible followers think that it will be cheap ***

boarddotie

VIP Member
Twitter is alight.
Alight? I searched and found a few posts but actually very little.
She has come on to explain what happened. She always seemed a good egg so I take this at face value. A mistake that she is learning from!

Eire

I seen Louise stories earlier and first person I thought of was Roz . She is 100% right in my opinion. Pushing out non existent " fat rolls" versus actually living in an overweight body is two different things. For Roz its a trend she hopped on
Yes! She makes out she’s fat like! For fuck sake she must be bursting blood vessels trying to push the bit of fat she has out 🙄🙈

Emilyinparis20

Hi all, I stopped following her last year. She said on her stories yesterday she lost her mojo after being cancelled this year. What happened?

She was linked by someone else I follow so I went to have a look at her stories
oh she proabably means the whole sizing issue? I don’t think I would have classed that as being cancelled as I think a lot was valid criticism about lack of inclusive sizing after rebranding herself as a body positive/ inclusive influencer. Also realise that’s easy to say when you’re not the one getting the criticism. But at least she addressed the issue from what I remember in later launches

Landcruising101

Everything she does is for content. All of these friendships are 100% superficial , they all look at each other in terms of what they can get from one another .Whatever part of her that may have been genuine years ago is well and truly gone. She takes a friend on a trip that she was probably gifted , gets her swimwear shots because she knows that will get more interaction on her page. then makes her other friend film content for the hike life so she can sell more tat and fakeness. I think the fake tan has finally seeped into her brain.

Jg86

VIP Member
Again up a mountain acting like she's on her own but she's actually with a hiker/photographer getting more kerry content.
Last week monetised her period and this week we are back to the "earth mama" persona with shit fake tan🤦🏻‍♀️

Jg86

VIP Member
She is no more clueless. All part of the relatable brand.

Side note. Those overhead drone shots of her gliding on her back in some Irish rock pool give me so much ick...I don't know why!
You're dead right she's not clueless. She is a snake.
The crappy tan on her wrists and fingers always give me the ick 🤮
---
I've 'met' Roz once. I was standing behind her in a queue and she was with a friend giving out about all the men sliding into her DMs 'as if I'd reply' - she said it in a very arrogant way. She's not wholesome, she's incredibly cocky.
So many people who have had to work with her have said very similar things about her.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Miss_cici

So Roz and Emma Power are taking over Dave Fanning weekend slot on 2FM.

Happy for Emma as she has presented on radio for a long time but don't understand why she needs Roz as a co-host. She has no media background bar filling in for the 2 Johnnies occasionally.

Landcruising101

I like Roz generally but I really hope she is off-setting her flights. She seems to be consistently away - not very climate conscious clashing with the values she tries to portray with the Hike Life, veganism etc.
I doubt she has. This is someone who says "dream vehicle " is a defender . Id like to note this is due to one of her photographers having one and it looks great for wild camping shots etc. Even though in reality it just looks like someone being a complete wanker who does not really give a fuck about nature.
We can all work out our carbon foot print very easily so it would be interesting if she talked about it . What she does to offset her flights, bringing stock in from Portugal etc . At present what she does and what she says often clash. This is why i find it very hard to watch her at times. She just seems to hop on a trend and throw in some buzzwords . She comes across as someone who is very unsure of herself in the world and has created a fake persona in the hopes of being valued by the massses

Reactions: 9

Jg86

VIP Member
It would turn you off booking these places when you see these ones getting free trips every week. Not having to pay for a thing and getting paid to be there. To just swan around in the spa and pose. She's smart enough to know swimwear pics/vids increase her engagement 😂
Funny how she uses her other page to comment on her own post. 😂

Attachments

Jg86

VIP Member
No if you look at the rest of the planning app, there’s a letter explaining that she’s going to live there.
I’m guessing that she’s going to split her time between Tipp/this house and the old house they’re renovating in Dublin.
And people think she's all about the "simple life".
Of course she needs 2 houses , a forest (which the public will be helping to fund) and the camper they did up from time to time when they aren't staying in luxury spots.
I hope she gets refused planning.

• Haha
I couldn’t believe when I saw her packing the suitcase!
My dad just completed the Camino last year, he is 74 years of age and walked every mile! He was able to book private rooms in the hostels as he wanted privacy too, not luxurious but it can be done. He had one of those hiking backpacks for his trips. I am so so proud of him and he is getting ready to do it all again!
Roz isn’t really doing it imo!

• Heart