Rosie Ramsey #9 it's such a hard life being Chris Ramsey's wife!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I too thought that was insensitive what he said.
To say that it would take more than 15 or whatever he said to do anything to someone was awful. He’s completely missing the point here!

Reactions: 7
I’ve just started listening to their new podcast episode and I’m not easily offended but Chris just said he has an issue with going into a shop to buy paracetamol products and how they won’t allow you to buy more than product. Rosie said they do that so people can’t overdose and he said you need to take millions of them to do that.

As someone who has previously overdosed on paracetamol and I still consider it now (my mental health has taken a nosedive) and I know someone else who has this is just bleeping wrong. I thought maybe they were kinda being a bit more in tune with what they were saying but Jesus Christ!!!
Aside from the insensitivity and irresponsibility why does he need to buy more than 2 packets at any given time? He's complaining about a complete non issue here and causing upset and hurt whilst he does.

Reactions: 9
Aside from the insensitivity and irresponsibility why does he need to buy more than 2 packets at any given time? He's complaining about a complete non issue here and causing upset and hurt whilst he does.
To be fair to him, living with CRW I'd imagine you get through a few packs a week

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve just started listening to their new podcast episode and I’m not easily offended but Chris just said he has an issue with going into a shop to buy paracetamol products and how they won’t allow you to buy more than product. Rosie said they do that so people can’t overdose and he said you need to take millions of them to do that.

As someone who has previously overdosed on paracetamol and I still consider it now (my mental health has taken a nosedive) and I know someone else who has this is just bleeping wrong. I thought maybe they were kinda being a bit more in tune with what they were saying but Jesus Christ!!!
Hope you are OK. Please ignore their ignorance. I don't listen but I too would have been upset by that comment.
Please try and speak to someone if your not at the moment x

Reactions: 4
Don’t listen to the podcast anymore as it’s shite but he’s an ignorant twit if that’s what he is saying about paracetamol. Restricting the sale of paracetamol has slashed the number of fatal overdoses in this country. Idiot. I’ve seen people die of acute liver failure and it is a horrible way to die

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Don’t listen to the podcast anymore as it’s shite but he’s an ignorant twit if that’s what he is saying about paracetamol. Restricting the sale of paracetamol has slashed the number of fatal overdoses in this country. Idiot. I’ve seen people die of acute liver failure and it is a horrible way to die
Some things are just not humorous and sadly those 2 numptys just don't understand that 😕

What an odd thing for him to have that much of a gripe about. Yes, if you’re in a (rare) situation when you need multiple paracetamol products then it would put an obstacle in your way but it’s a minor inconvenience to have to visit another shop or make another transaction to get hold of them. It’s a rule that’s put in place to protect people and to prevent the person at the till from having to assess, completely unqualified, who may or may not be at risk of attempting to harm themselves on sight.

Reactions: 10
It was because he wanted two bottles of calpol for robin I think but the whole thing was just horrific

Reactions: 3
It was because he wanted two bottles of calpol for robin I think but the whole thing was just horrific
Are supplies of calpol running low then ? Could you not just buy one bottle then go get another one if you needed it ? Totally inappropriate and not funny - they must be struggling for content if this is the depths they are scraping !

Reactions: 1
You can buy more than one as well, you just have to go to the pharmacy counter. I did it in boots recently when I had to get a bunch of stuff for friends and their child who were isolating

You can buy more than one as well, you just have to go to the pharmacy counter. I did it in boots recently when I had to get a bunch of stuff for friends and their child who were isolating
You’d have to neck a duck ton of paracetamol to OD as an adult and plus it’s about 10x more expensive than paracetamol caps so most pharmacists employ some discretion and common sense (in my case I was buying night nurse and some calpol)

• Wow
Reactions: 1
You’d have to neck a duck ton of paracetamol to OD as an adult and plus it’s about 10x more expensive than paracetamol caps so most pharmacists employ some discretion and common sense (in my case I was buying night nurse and some calpol)
It doesn’t actually take that much to OD on paracetamol, the damage it can do may or may not kill you even at a ‘low’ dose of too much.

Reactions: 9
It doesn’t actually take that much to OD on paracetamol, the damage it can do may or may not kill you even at a ‘low’ dose of too much.
There’s 2.4G in a bottle of infant calpol so just over double a standard adult dose. Hadn’t thought about junior calpol as that will be more concentrated. A “duck ton” is probably excessively flowery in terms of my language lol but all I can say is I’ve seen and treated a lot of patients with paracetamol overdoses and none of them have ever drank it in liquid form except one lady who crushed the adult tablets and dispersed them in a drink. Livers regenerate well so a non fatal paracetamol OD which doesn’t require transplantation will usually lead to full recovery in a healthy well nourished adult who is treated in hospital promptly.
Basically all I’m saying is calpol wasn’t the target of the legislative changes around paracetamol purchasing so pharmacists can employ some discretion and obviously parents can just go to more than one shop, we always have an extra bottle of calpol in reserve!
Anyway, my main point is, Chris Ramsey is an ignorant cock

Reactions: 6
Why would they need so much calpol anyway? Unless they are giving it to them every bedtime normally you don’t race through it. If he needs that much calpol all the time they might need to figure out the underlying cause

Reactions: 6
Not trying to defend them making light of the controls around paracetamol and overdose risk but I assumed he might have been trying to buy both the infant and the six plus calpols at the same time - not that it was made clear on the podcast

You are all being really over sensitive here, it is annoying to have to go to different shops or to be questioned when buying 2 packs or more of paracetamol. If someone wants to kill themselves they will do it anyway so the shops should just sell you however many packets you want to buy at the time.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
You are all being really over sensitive here, it is annoying to have to go to different shops or to be questioned when buying 2 packs or more of paracetamol. If someone wants to kill themselves they will do it anyway so the shops should just sell you however many packets you want to buy at the time.
But you can buy 2 packets in one transaction and more if you do it via the chemist or a pharmacy counter. One shouldn't be giving more that 4 doses of Calpol in 24hrs so two bottles is more than enough. If there is a greater need than that then one should be consulting a pharmacist or GP anyway.
Its not people here being oversensitive it is the Ramsay's (Chris on this occassion) being lazy and making light of something that really isn't a topic for humour.

Reactions: 7
Why remove a sensible rule that causes nobody any harm (and in fact aims to do the opposite) because it’s ‘annoying’? This is tone deaf. Risky move to wade in on a conversation about suicide and start telling everyone they’re over sensitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I really hope no one in your life comes to you and tells you they feel suicidal.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
oh wow, if someone wants to kill themselves perhaps we should KEEP preventative measures in place to try and help them out of that dark place, let’s hope nobody in your life ever goes there, I imagine you’d not have much empathy…..

• Heart
Reactions: 14
oh wow, if someone wants to kill themselves perhaps we should KEEP preventative measures in place to try and help them out of that dark place, let’s hope nobody in your life ever goes there, I imagine you’d not have much empathy…..
This is also why the stigma around mental health still exists 😔 such lack of empathy

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.