Rosie Ramsey #8 CRW whine, wine, whine, wine, whine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wasn’t feeling that bad when she put an extra scoop of formula in his bottle to get him sleep longer. twit.

Reactions: 11
What narked me most about her moan about being unable to breast feed was the "I still believe breast is best" comment. Clearly her kids have thrived being formula fed and there is ZERO shame in using formula. I exclusively formula fed, didn't even try breastfeeding and its the best decision I made for us, I had been on the fence, but ultimately, I believe it was the right choice as my milk was pretty much non-existent I never had leaky boobs or anything, and i know that my mental health would have suffered massively if i couldn't feed her properly. FED is best.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
What narked me most about her moan about being unable to breast feed was the "I still believe breast is best" comment. Clearly her kids have thrived being formula fed and there is ZERO shame in using formula. I exclusively formula fed, didn't even try breastfeeding and its the best decision I made for us, I had been on the fence, but ultimately, I believe it was the right choice as my milk was pretty much non-existent I never had leaky boobs or anything, and i know that my mental health would have suffered massively if i couldn't feed her properly. FED is best.
Here here!

Some of these insta mums are such wannabe victims. Why can’t they celebrate the fact that although BF didn’t work, thank god we have an alternative! Everything doesn’t need to be a sob story. I had planned I would BF but after the trauma of the birth it just didn’t feel right and I just knew instantly it wasn’t going to be the way we could go. In hindsight, it was the best decision I could have made as I know I would have suffered mentally in trying and I genuinely don’t think I got much milk in anyway. Women have been breastfeeding since the beginning of time. How these self obsessed witches make out they’re the first to pioneer it all is mind blowing. Another example of this toxic culture of saying one thing but really reinforcing guilt and shaming others for making a different choice

Reactions: 16
I’m not sure why she’s sobbing about it, she didn’t even try - it would if got in the way of drinking/ leaving Sandra to babysit. She’s thinks we’re all daft

Reactions: 8
Here here!

Some of these insta mums are such wannabe victims. Why can’t they celebrate the fact that although BF didn’t work, thank god we have an alternative! Everything doesn’t need to be a sob story. I had planned I would BF but after the trauma of the birth it just didn’t feel right and I just knew instantly it wasn’t going to be the way we could go. In hindsight, it was the best decision I could have made as I know I would have suffered mentally in trying and I genuinely don’t think I got much milk in anyway. Women have been breastfeeding since the beginning of time. How these self obsessed witches make out they’re the first to pioneer it all is mind blowing. Another example of this toxic culture of saying one thing but really reinforcing guilt and shaming others for making a different choice
I wouldn't have thanked anyone shoving her on my boob after having her, her birth was very traumatic, I was quite poorly during labour with an infection and ended up having a section, and during covid times too so other than active labour, I had zero physical support from my partner in hospital because he wasn't allowed in.

I just don't know why we need a breastfeeding awareness week. How about a "we've fed our kid, who cares how, awareness week"? So much pressure is piled onto parents without the added shame of "feeding them wrong". Boils my piss

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wouldn't have thanked anyone shoving her on my boob after having her, her birth was very traumatic, I was quite poorly during labour with an infection and ended up having a section, and during covid times too so other than active labour, I had zero physical support from my partner in hospital because he wasn't allowed in.

I just don't know why we need a breastfeeding awareness week. How about a "we've fed our kid, who cares how, awareness week"? So much pressure is piled onto parents without the added shame of "feeding them wrong". Boils my piss
BF awareness isn’t about mums who choose to formula feed - it’s not about saying who is wrong or right or saying people are feeding wrong. The fact is though that the U.K. has some of the worst BF rates in Europe and many BF journeys are ended before the mother intended due to lack of available support/solutions and crap advice from professionals (e.g being told to stop feeding to have medication which is compatible with breastfeeding).
Nobody is shaming formula feeding mums.
I don’t really get why some people think BF awareness week is intended to shame them.

I think Rosie has shone a light on a really important aspect of mothering but as usual has made it all about her.

Reactions: 27
If she’s going to have a moan, at least get the bloody hashtags right CRW. It’s World Breastfeeding Week and Breastfeeding Awareness Month. 🤦🏻‍♀️

fully agree that even if she didn’t have tit tits (maybe a crap latch but those pumping oz don’t look too bad at all) she wouldn’t have persevered as she likes the booze too much. Yes you can drink whilst breastfeeding but not like a fish…

Reactions: 3
BF awareness isn’t about mums who choose to formula feed - it’s not about saying who is wrong or right or saying people are feeding wrong. The fact is though that the U.K. has some of the worst BF rates in Europe and many BF journeys are ended before the mother intended due to lack of available support/solutions and crap advice from professionals (e.g being told to stop feeding to have medication which is compatible with breastfeeding).
I don’t really get why some people think BF awareness week is intended to shame them.

I think Rosie has shone a light on a really important aspect of mothering but as usual has made it all about her.
Except that comments like, "breast is best" does often shame those mothers who choose to, or are unable to do anything other than formula feed, especially when it's coming from someone in the spotlight. I for one couldn't give a tit how a child is fed, as long as their belly is full, and I couldn't give a monkeys if someone has an opinion on the fact that I formula fed over breastfeeding, but, how many women looked at her words this morning and have felt shame because someone they look upto has shamed them with her words.

Reactions: 12

The reason the BF rates are lower is in general mothers in this country can afford formula and it’s perfectly healthy for a baby to drink. Mother’s in this country also go to work quicker so might be unable to BF where as other countries mothers stay home more. The reason Rosie/influencers talk about BF is to gain attention/sympathy.

She has as usual made this about herself another picture of her “ crying “ again and various others . Other than it all being about her she has totally ruined the post In my opinion when she said her boys are class and all she did was try . There are many brilliant mothers out there with class kids who didn’t try for a number of reasons and one of those reasons might have been I don’t want to do it ! There is nothing wrong with that because all that matters is a baby is fed , loved cared for and is brought up to be a happy well rounded person surrounded by love . It doesn’t matter if you had a boob or a bottle in your mouth . The comments on the post are the usual gut wrenching drivel saying what a wonderful mother she is they must turn a deaf ear when she constantly moans about having to stay in with them . But she tried to breast feed so that makes it ok !!

Reactions: 5

Well said. I live in an area where the BF rate is really poor and I was stared at so often when breastfeeding as if I was a freak! In hospital on my Ward I was the only one out of six breastfeeding and the other Mum's were asking me how I knew when my baby was full! I also had one woman complain to the midwives my baby was crying too much and they came and said could they give her a bottle as I was struggling to get her latched on!

Another 'mummy influencer' has complained about having to breastfeed and how she had no ME time and lost her independence. Like you say, it doesn't really encourage breastfeeding but I agree, Rosie has to make it all about her. I'm sure it was more so she could get back on the alcohol and palm him off with her mother!

The reason the BF rates are lower is in general mothers in this country can afford formula and it’s perfectly healthy for a baby to drink. Mother’s in this country also go to work quicker so might be unable to BF where as other countries mothers stay home more. The reason Rosie/influencers talk about BF is to gain attention/sympathy.
Going back a few years but in my area all the forumla feeding mum's were on benefits and got coupons to buy the forumla..it wasn't because they could afford it or were going to work, it was because they got it free. When I moved my baby onto forumla milk, I found it really expensive compared to breastfeeding but of course I had to pay for it as I wasn't on benefits.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Well said. I live in an area where the BF rate is really poor and I was stared at so often when breastfeeding as if I was a freak! In hospital on my Ward I was the only one out of six breastfeeding and the other Mum's were asking me how I knew when my baby was full! I also had one woman complain to the midwives my baby was crying too much and they came and said could they give her a bottle as I was struggling to get her latched on!

Another 'mummy influencer' has complained about having to breastfeed and how she had no ME time and lost her independence. Like you say, it doesn't really encourage breastfeeding but I agree, Rosie has to make it all about her. I'm sure it was more so she could get back on the alcohol and palm him off with her mother!

Going back a few years but in my area all the forumla feeding mum's were on benefits and got coupons to buy the forumla..it wasn't because they could afford it or were going to work, it was because they got it free. When I moved my baby onto forumla milk, I found it really expensive compared to breastfeeding but of course I had to pay for it as I wasn't on benefits.
Wow, that last paragraph is incredibly sweeping and judgemental. “All formula feeding mums were on benefits”? Those vouchers can help stop children going hungry for those on low incomes. Might want to check your privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The reason bf rates are lower in the UK has nothing to do with being able to afford formula. Bf statistics across the globe tends to show that breastfeeding rates are highest in affluent areas/countries, for instance the Nordic countries have the highest bf rates in the world, over 90%

If you look at the UK as a whole, bf rates are highest in areas of high incomes.

It's got more to do with going back to work early, a history of poor bf support, and it's partly cultural.

Reactions: 6
Wow, that last paragraph is incredibly sweeping and judgemental. “All formula feeding mums were on benefits”? Those vouchers can help stop children going hungry for those on low incomes. Might want to check your privilege.
Well if they breastfed the baby wouldn't go hungry would it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Really didn’t expect Rosie would get a slating for saying BF was hard. I don’t like the woman but she’s allowed to find something hard, especially something as emotive as breastfeeding & feeding in general.

Reactions: 11
thought this and cringed so hard. Most people are only a job loss or relationship breakdown away from universal credits…

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Let's bring it back to Rosie. Even when trying to raise awareness of something she messed it up and misses the point

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.