Rosie Ramsey #4 baby's here, where's my wine, bring on the free stuff, it's #ad time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listened to episode 100 of SMA on my walk...they’ve been raving about doing something special for 100 eps for ages I swear but it’s a best of? And the best ofs aren’t even the bits I’ve found the funniest? Bit confused as to why they couldn’t have just done a full episode seeing as they did a long ass introduction and even thought about doing beefs? Like surely it took the most effort just to set up, all they have to do is talk they don’t even edit it themselves 😂 Would have been so much better - especially as the “best bits” are really recent ones too so felt like I was just listening to the same episode again lol. Bizarre.
Snap! I listened to it today too & the only story I'm glad they put in was the kit kat one 😂 I remember properly laughing out loud when they told that story & I'm sure it was way back in the beginning. I really used to enjoy it & cant put my finger on whats changed the past few months that its not been the same. Maybe its just because they've struggled through lockdown & its shown through on the podcast? Or I wonder if its since they joined the acast network?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Snap! I listened to it today too & the only story I'm glad they put in was the kit kat one 😂 I remember properly laughing out loud when they told that story & I'm sure it was way back in the beginning. I really used to enjoy it & cant put my finger on whats changed the past few months that its not been the same. Maybe its just because they've struggled through lockdown & its shown through on the podcast? Or I wonder if its since they joined the acast network?
Ah I loved the KitKat story, I was laughing my head off this morning behind my face mask on my one allocated exercise of the day 😂

Reactions: 5
Ah I loved the KitKat story, I was laughing my head off this morning behind my face mask on my one allocated exercise of the day 😂
Its so funny because it could happy to anyone & how mortified would you be 🙈😂 another one that got me was the one about the girl cutting her pubes & not tidying up properly & her sister thinking they were hair from her dead gerbil so she put them in a locket & wore them round her neck for years 😂 they've had some really good stories over the years I wish they would get back to the good old days!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Its so funny because it could happy to anyone & how mortified would you be 🙈😂 another one that got me was the one about the girl cutting her pubes & not tidying up properly & her sister thinking they were hair from her dead gerbil so she put them in a locket & wore them round her neck for years 😂 they've had some really good stories over the years I wish they would get back to the good old days!
Agreed! Some of the stories were hilarious, some are rather far fetched and I do wonder if they’re true but just the two you mentioned now actually cracked me up! 😂

Reactions: 2
I feel like it changed since they got the acast (or whatever it’s called) deal.

And fair enough making money since they put in the work but it just always feels so scripted and ads shoehorned in with fake acting like the hello fresh boxes and ring doorbell. They could advertise them much more naturally. It goes from a lighthearted chat to some forced stage school Rosie acting within seconds

The other problem is when the podcast was new the stories were more genuine, the bigger they get the more ridiculous stories are with people trying to get mentioned. And I bet some people are challenging their mates the most ridiculous story they can get mentioned. They should scrap all the new emails and work through the ones from the start. They’ll be more genuine

Reactions: 7
All this wine is not good! Stop advertising drinking two glasses while breast feeding! Yes i will get all mumsnet on this one if need to.
It ks so irresponsible to show this to all her followers like its normal behaviour of mums wirh new borns. It IS NOT.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
All this wine is not good! Stop advertising drinking two glasses while breast feeding! Yes i will get all mumsnet on this one if need to.
It ks so irresponsible to show this to all her followers like its normal behaviour of mums wirh new borns. It IS NOT.
Agreed, when my son was a newborn I could think of nothing worse than drinking I didn't see the point, he's now 15 months and can count on one hand the amount of times I've drank also pregnant again now so won't be drinking for a very long time, don't miss it one bit though!!

Reactions: 8
Is she at it again! I’ll have to have a nosey.

Reactions: 2
Also surely chris is on pain meds. Not clever to have neither of you clear headed.

Reactions: 8
Is she at it again! I’ll have to have a nosey.
I ve had a nosey and shes still doing the middle of the night selfies...why oh why. and the opened nightgown , well that didn’t look faked did it, slow day for content 😂.

Tbh alchol when breastfeeding or just alcohol generally with a new born... personally I would rather be 100pc lucid , in case of an emergency, especially if the husband wasn’t able to drive.

• Heart
The whole “mummy needs a wine” thing needs to die a horrible death.

I couldn’t think of anything worse than waking up at 2am to feed a 2wk old baby with wine fog brain.

Tbh alchol when breastfeeding or just alcohol generally with a new born... personally I would rather be 100pc lucid , in case of an emergency, especially if the husband wasn’t able to drive.
Completely agree with this. I find it very irresponsible.

Reactions: 13
The whole “mummy needs a wine” thing needs to die a horrible death.

I couldn’t think of anything worse than waking up at 2am to feed a 2wk old baby with wine fog brain.

Completely agree with this. I find it very irresponsible.
C’mon guys one glass of wine isn’t going to render someone completely incapable.

Reactions: 22
New to this thread (but not to tattle). Tried recently to listen to her podcast as it came highly recommended by friends and also saw the book in WSmith and thought it must be good. Couldn't even finish a single episode - I attempted a few different ones as well thinking maybe I picked a 'bad' one by accident but it didn't seem to make a difference. I found both of them SO idiotic and smug! Also they didn't make me laugh much at all. I keep wondering whether I am missing something or maybe there is something wrong with my sense of humour! Really wanted to like the podcast as I have been searching for something light-hearted but gripping to have in the background for quite some time. It appears it is not just me feeling it is not their cup of tea. Can't work out what all the hype is about at all but would love to be enlightened!

Reactions: 4
C’mon guys one glass of wine isn’t going to render someone completely incapable.
No its not but she has a large following and its irresponsible to be promoting drinking while looking after a new born. Especially as she seems to be co-sleeping for parts of the night.
She can do what she wants just not wise to show all her followers.

• Heart
It was two ( or could have been more depends how truthful she is ). We all know those wine 🍷 pours at home, are not measured. 🤗

New to this thread (but not to tattle). Tried recently to listen to her podcast as it came highly recommended by friends and also saw the book in WSmith and thought it must be good. Couldn't even finish a single episode - I attempted a few different ones as well thinking maybe I picked a 'bad' one by accident but it didn't seem to make a difference. I found both of them SO idiotic and smug! Also they didn't make me laugh much at all. I keep wondering whether I am missing something or maybe there is something wrong with my sense of humour! Really wanted to like the podcast as I have been searching for something light-hearted but gripping to have in the background for quite some time. It appears it is not just me feeling it is not their cup of tea. Can't work out what all the hype is about at all but would love to be enlightened!
Completely agree. It’s utter shite. I really don’t knoW who their fan base is, but it must be people who dont mind being called dick heads or morons as the Ramsey’s tend to affectionately say this about their listeners 🤔.

I listened to it for abit for the white noise or To observe the phycology behind their marriage. They are a good case study, I’ll give them that.

The podcast is crude and unfunny.

Their obsession with tit and trying to sound cool when they say the word Sex is laughable as Chris and Rosie do Not come across a couple who enjoy sex. Again after only being together for 7 years I find this odd. There is no sexual chemistry, they are only early 30‘s so does not bode well for the future?

Chris fauxs being comfortable talking about sex. The listeners letters probably moulded the theme of the podcast?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm almost the opposite, came across the podcast while having a browse on the app for something new, hadnt a clue who either of them were. Listened to a good few over a couple of months, found them funny, easy to listen to, down to earth, looking forward to the next one etc. Followed her recently on insta and shes not who I pictured she was! It's weird, despite having seen a tiny thumbnail pic on the podcast cover page thingy, they dont look like the couple I pictured in my head at all.

Reactions: 3
I always find when I’m really tired if I have a glass of wine it goes right to my head so with lack of sleep with a new born I think two glasses would feel like a whole lot more. It’s not a post to your mates it’s to thousands of people potentially very inexperienced people who will assume what they see is to be copied. It’s also really dull to go on about drink all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Their podcast is absolutely tit. It is basically a married couple inadvertently boasting about how far they have come.

LuAnna is surprisingly good. I am no Zissman fan but they podcast is well done and actually really funny.

Reactions: 1
I think someone else put it exactly right - it’s not so much the drinking and breastfeeding debate because that could go on forever but if there was some kind of actual emergency where they couldn’t wait for someone to come and pick them up or an ambulance was like longer than 20 away (which is quite often the case at the moment due to complete overwhelm!) then what the hell would they do? Rosie would literally have to drunk drive as Chris can’t at all. Awful really, incredibly irresponsible.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.