Rosie Ramsey #2 Has a gorgeous son, loves a sing along, where's the wine gone?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People did previously say a page or so back that she better not moan about the baby as it’s ungrateful because people have miscarriages.

It’s horrendous people have miscarriages but that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t say how hard it is to have a baby. Even without it getting to the PND stage - I never got PND. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t find it bloody tough and want to complain about it quite a lot.

Where does it end? You wouldn’t say someone who has had a miscarriage shouldn’t moan because people are dying of cancer and won’t live a full life.

Bring influencers to account 100%, some of the stuff they do is absolute dogger. But there’s always someone at the opposite end of the spectrum so she can’t please everyone. I would much rather see Rosie complaining than Hinch pretending she has a perfect life then bringing out a memoir detailing her struggles later to make money.
I get the frustrations some have with Rosie as her complaining can seem quite trivial. However that aside, if we want parents to be honest with their mental health struggles, whether it goes as far as PND or not, we need to allow them the space to do so. Shooting someone down with “just be grateful you can have children” just turns the whole thing into a competition which helps no one. We all have our struggles in life, whether we have been blessed with children or not. Just because some struggle with fertility doesn’t mean everyone else shouldn’t be allowed to say that pregnancy/birth/parenting is tough. If someone’s content is too triggering for you, then leave it well alone and find other content that brings the positivity/support you need.

Reactions: 24
This thread seems to have gone back on itself.

I did exactly that, I unfollowed her as I found and still find her constant “I'm pregnant, poor me” routine exhausting.

I would advocate for her to be working with/promoting some mental health charities, especially around pregnancy - but, my biggest frustration with her is that gifted stay.

I am still fuming about it - hence the unfollowing, again.

Reactions: 6
Incredibly long time lurker here...but had to comment. The gifted stays are infuriating and it disappoints me that brands don’t even try out gifting these stays to families in genuine need. I work with some families in extreme deprivation and a night or weekend away like some of these influencers get would quite literally make their year. It’s a shame they don’t think this way when considering who to gift products and stays to..I for one would engage more with brands adverts if they got my attention in this way rather than pissing me off by gifting to already wealthy and privileged folk!

Reactions: 12
Bollocks has she just picked that tomato from Rons veg patch! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I really like the podcast and I do think her moaning is tongue in cheek but those eyebrows are mad.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else think that the older podcasts were better? Felt a bit more like a genuine chit chat and less like an hour of scripted content? I don’t think it’s anything to do with lockdown giving them lack of content because the funniest bits are always the Qs from the Public and mad stories from listeners.

Reactions: 13
There was such a genuine warmth and humour to the early episodes, questions from the public were actual questions or daft polls. My last listen it was just so much shouting and poo stories I just switched off. Lost what was special about it IMO.

Reactions: 7
There was such a genuine warmth and humour to the early episodes, questions from the public were actual questions or daft polls. My last listen it was just so much shouting and poo stories I just switched off. Lost what was special about it IMO.
Definitely agree. Have been catching up with them lately and have started looking at other podcasts to listen to as starting to get a bit bored! Think I’ve got about 10 more to catch up on but not sure I can be bothered. Rosie seems to be so miserable (I get that pregnancy/lockdown etc etc would take its toll) she could at least leave it at the door with the podcast I mean it is her job? Wonder how long they can last this one out. Unless it has a big shape up I think they’re going to struggle with maintaining viewers and downloads.

Reactions: 5
I agree. It wouldn’t hurt them to take a break to be honest but they’re riding the peak at the moment so they probably want to milk it for all they’ve got.
I find some of the questions from the public are just clearly not true. There was a story about someone putting a butternut squash up their rectum from a radiographer who was apparently in theatre - wtf is a radiographer doing in a general surgical theatre? (My husbands a surgeon and has done enough foreign body extractions to know that is just bollocks). Plus they flowered it up by saying the butternut squash had “cooked” inside the rectum - that’s just not plausible either.

A very specific bug bear 😂

Reactions: 12
Definitely agree. Have been catching up with them lately and have started looking at other podcasts to listen to as starting to get a bit bored! Think I’ve got about 10 more to catch up on but not sure I can be bothered. Rosie seems to be so miserable (I get that pregnancy/lockdown etc etc would take its toll) she could at least leave it at the door with the podcast I mean it is her job? Wonder how long they can last this one out. Unless it has a big shape up I think they’re going to struggle with maintaining viewers and downloads.
Some of my friends had tickets for the live shows and most of them are now saying they can’t really be bothered.

• Heart
I agree. It wouldn’t hurt them to take a break to be honest but they’re riding the peak at the moment so they probably want to milk it for all they’ve got.
I find some of the questions from the public are just clearly not true. There was a story about someone putting a butternut squash up their rectum from a radiographer who was apparently in theatre - wtf is a radiographer doing in a general surgical theatre? (My husbands a surgeon and has done enough foreign body extractions to know that is just bollocks). Plus they flowered it up by saying the butternut squash had “cooked” inside the rectum - that’s just not plausible either.

This annoys me so much!!! I swear there was a story either last week or the week before which was so clearly made up.. we aren’t thick!!!!

I don’t want to spend 30 mins of my life listening to somebodies made up tit stories.

Reactions: 8

TBH I think they should have taken a break during lockdown, but then again they maybe wanted to keep going to bring a laugh to everyone in lockdown.

Reactions: 2
TBH I think they should have taken a break during lockdown, but then again they maybe wanted to keep going to bring a laugh to everyone in lockdown.
Aye and they had the book coming out which they’d need to flog

Reactions: 4
Aye and they had the book coming out which they’d need to flog
Yeah that too! It seems like since they moved to ACast things have gone a bit tit.
I like the format of the podcast but it’s all got a bit tedious. It’s not the format that’s tedious, it’s the content. For most weeks recently, the story from the public is 100% made up, they obviously pick the one that sounds the most shocking. Surely they don’t believe these stupid stories? Maybe if they did the podcast every 2 weeks and went for quality over quantity it would be more entertaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I imagine they’ll take a break for a few months at the beginning of next year when the baby comes, although having said that maybe we’ll be treated to an episode straight from the delivery room! 😆

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.