Rosie Ramsey #10 Gold digger, we don't snigger with her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is bang on! They do NOT need to charge for the pod as they’ll get paid a tit load for all the ads (about 6 minutes worth that I skip) and they’ve made so much off the back of it. This is just pure greed, plain and simple. It’s also pretty manipulative as they have an army of loyal followers who won’t want to ‘miss out’ so will fork out the cash for the extra content.
All if this 👆🏻 plus the fact that none of their content is innovative or requires a great deal of work on their behalf. They read emails and share them. They sit at home and talk to one another. They don't edit it themselves and they're not constantly pushing for improvement. It's stale and s**t and if they believe they deserve MORE money for what they're putting out then they really are delusional.

Reactions: 13
Not to completely defend them, but all of those things they have, the house, holidays etc need paying for so they do need an income to be able to sustain that. If they just stopped earning money and did what they are doing for free theyd very quickly have no income. We don’t know what “cash” they have and what they need to repay each month. Maybe the money isn’t as lucrative and they need to charge so that they can stay in the house, none of us know.
that’s on them for living above their means then? no one’s forced them to buy a new house and brand new cars and rvs in one year alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My argument is not that they should be working for free, entirely selflessly, no-one should but let's not kid ourselves sponsorships and advertising both raise revenue and I'm sure they weren't paid peanuts.
I just can't get my head around them now wanting to earn from what is genuinely sloppy content. No level of proper research goes in to anything they do. Many other podcasts, with Patreons for example do require proper construction. They're literally recording themselves talking, for fun, something I'd imagine they'd do anyway.

Reactions: 11
They’re not charging for the podcast though, that’s not changing and is still a weekly free podcast. They’re just adding extra content for a subscription. I’m not even a fan but I’m quite shocked (in general) at the amount of people who expect content for nothing. Why shouldn’t they get paid for the additional podcast episodes AND the tour AND the tv show? I wouldn’t work for nothing as I’m sure most people wouldn’t.
They don’t work for nothing, they are millionaires.
All if this 👆🏻 plus the fact that none of their content is innovative or requires a great deal of work on their behalf. They read emails and share them. They sit at home and talk to one another. They don't edit it themselves and they're not constantly pushing for improvement. It's stale and s**t and if they believe they deserve MORE money for what they're putting out then they really are delusional.
Exactly! For example, I listen to the case file podcast which requires the creator to doing a tit ton of research the construct each episode in detail. He has now started putting out extra paid content and I don’t begrudge him one bit! The Ramsey’s sit in their spare room once a week chatting tit, they don’t even edit it, someone is paid to do that.

Reactions: 5
They don’t work for nothing, they are millionaires.
That’s my point. People think that because “they’re doing well for themselves” the Ramsey aren’t entitled to charge £5 a month for additional content which people have the choice to pay for. Just because a person has money from various income streams doesn’t mean they’re not allowed to earn more. Beyoncé has millions upon millions of dollars, and loyal fans who will pay through the nose to see her in concert and buy her shite adidas gear. Does she owe those fans a free album because she is wouldn’t be where she is without them? Supply and demand. Welcome to capitalism.

To make it clear, I won’t be paying for their extra episodes as I don’t think it’s worth it. I absolutely agree their podcast is lazy and often repetitive and dull, and other podcasts, e.g. Redhanded, put in a lot of work and are worth the cost of joining their Patreon. However, I will defend someone’s right to monetise their content. Whether they’d earn money through ads or not, they don’t owe anyone free content just to prove they’re still working class or down to Earth. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I think a good comparison is rob and josh parenting hell. Similar format. They'd never ask for money for extra content. They ask to support them by buying their books or tickets to their shows instead. Which is fair. AND rob and josh actually do two pods a week and interview a different person every week. That's a good bit more work than reading emails. Anyway. I hate the ramseys and hope this is the end of them 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 17
I assume you mean until Rosie finally makes it onto Strictly or some programme where she can warble to her hearts content 😂

Reactions: 1
Nearly a weeks gone by since I listened to the latest podcast (easy listen on my commute, sit on the fence with them a lot but nearly fell off without ever being able to get to the other side) I am still raging about how much they complained about their holiday ?! You had 3 adults to share the load of 1 toddler wow?! bleeping hell man. Yeah it’s not relaxing (I’ve been there many times) but you just get on with it knowing time flies, it’s a change of scene for you all and when you look back you remember the nice memories you all made instead of any hard work. Not like this scrimped and saved for it either so they can’t see it as a waste of money. Do you recon they just bickered constantly about the other one not doing anything coz they both wanted to sit back doing f all? Hope Sandra refused to take over and enjoyed her holiday. What are the boys going to turn out like listening to these 2 moaning all the time wowwww.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Nearly a weeks gone by since I listened to the latest podcast (easy listen on my commute, sit on the fence with them a lot but nearly fell off without ever being able to get to the other side) I am still raging about how much they complained about their holiday ?! You had 3 adults to share the load of 1 toddler wow?! bleeping hell man. Yeah it’s not relaxing (I’ve been there many times) but you just get on with it knowing time flies, it’s a change of scene for you all and when you look back you remember the nice memories you all made instead of any hard work. Not like this scrimped and saved for it either so they can’t see it as a waste of money. Do you recon they just bickered constantly about the other one not doing anything coz they both wanted to sit back doing f all? Hope Sandra refused to take over and enjoyed her holiday. What are the boys going to turn out like listening to these 2 moaning all the time wowwww.
I haven't listened to that episode because i know it'll annoy me. Ridiculous they take Sandra on every holiday anyway, don't they want to spend time together as a couple once the kids are on bed?!

I haven't listened to that episode because i know it'll annoy me. Ridiculous they take Sandra on every holiday anyway, don't they want to spend time together as a couple once the kids are on bed?!
They need a babysitter.

Reactions: 2
I know! Surely they could pay for Sandra to go on holiday with a couple of friends instead. So so weird

Reactions: 4
She can’t cope being a parent to 2 kids and she’s so used to just palming them off to Sandra at any given opportunity. The moaning about their holiday last week was next level cuntness. People can barely afford to put food on the table yet here’s dumb and dumber moaning about their (most likely) luxurious oversees holiday that no one forced them to go on. duck. Off.

Reactions: 18
You see greed, I see people maximising their earning opportunities, knowing they’re in their 30’s and this gravy train probably won’t see them through the next 30 years to retirement. We’ll have to respectfully disagree this time I guess ☺.
after my rant, I do agree with you. They are sensible to train their gravy 😁. And I think if anyone is from a working class background (duck that label, any background where money is tight) you’d maximise any opportunity to make money. And with regards to pensions, yes rake it in, they’re tit! I think my bitter taste is from them seemingly doing incredibly well financially (do not begrudge, happy as f for them and well deserved) and then asking for more when they are clearly showing signs of extreme wealth. With his successful career initially and now the added success of SMA, I surmise (don’t know for sure) they’re raking it in. This added subscription is almost offensive.It will be a minimal money earner in comparison to what they’re already earning so it seems money grabbing.
What else do they need money for? They can pay their bills, their school fees, can go on holidays. This subscription (which, in my tiny mind, will be pennies in comparison to what else they earn) will allow extra what? More in the pension pot I guess as every other area is covered. Go for it Ramseys. You have done well. Read the room. Your elderly years will be blissful considering the amount going to your pensions.

Reactions: 1
What exactly was she moaning about re the holiday? Some sunshine, no cooking or cleaning for a week or two and no where to be sounds like utter bliss even if you don’t get much time to lie on a sun lounger . Who would expect that with young children anyways. I know they can’t pretend to live where they can’t afford to eat or heat and the currently cost of living probably doesn’t effect them but still they could be mindful of their audience and moan about some things in private.

I think she moans to try and be "relatable". Oh god my holiday was so stressful I didn't enjoy it because I'm a mum just like you! Etc.

And loads of their fans will lap it up!!! They won't see if for how tone deaf it really is

Reactions: 7
What exactly was she moaning about re the holiday? Some sunshine, no cooking or cleaning for a week or two and no where to be sounds like utter bliss even if you don’t get much time to lie on a sun lounger . Who would expect that with young children anyways. I know they can’t pretend to live where they can’t afford to eat or heat and the currently cost of living probably doesn’t effect them but still they could be mindful of their audience and moan about some things in private.
Basically saying how it’s not a holiday when you have a child under 3 as you constantly have to watch them and, you know, be a parent. Bearing in mind they had their au pair (sandra) with them and a 6 year old who practically takes care of himself. Rosie actually said she’d spoken with her friends who were unable to take their kids abroad and said they weren’t missing out on anything and not to feel bad about it. As Chris would say: READ THE ROOM.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Parenting Hell just had one of their best episodes yet after two+ years. Funny, relaxed, personable, just a very good ep.

One of the things I really like is just how relatable Rob and Josh are, even when they do acknowledge their privileged positions and admit when they get help in etc. They also do public shout outs for small businesses (have ordered from a couple, the slab fudge one in particular was excellent) and say how they don't accept free stuff as it doesn't feel right to them.

Then you have the old greedy Ramseys, who seem to squeeze every penny they can find and get as much free stuff as places are happy to send them. Taking the piss out of lazy furloughed people was the last straw for me about a year back but good to see they've not changed anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
After confirmation today, I’m comfortable revealing a little of what I know. Robin will 100% definitely be moving to a Private school in a nearby coastal City. A house move is imminent!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.