Rosie Ramsey #10 Gold digger, we don't snigger with her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think my opinion is probably skewed from being a very longtime podcast listener (I used to download Mugglecast the Harry Potter podcast to my ipod mini in 2006) and remember looooong before they could be monetised when people made them because they had something to say on a subject they were passionate about. I don’t expect people to work for free, but they’re not doing it for free when they get sponsorship and freebies out of the current model. If people want to sign up (because apparently ‘the fans asked for it’) then more fool them I say! The public would be paying their wages either way, through this or Chris being on tour. I’m not looking forward to Rosie wanging on about how busy she is when this starts up though.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't understand why they're doing it, it can't be for money they've made a tit load recently with the tv show and upcoming tour. Seems an odd move that's just gonna piss people off.. is it just greed?
I wonder if the podcast download figure has dropped so the hosting company has threatened to drop them unless either figures go up or there’s profit for the hosting company?

having said that I’ve no idea how podcast producing/distributing works ☺

Reactions: 2
I don’t know if the figures will have gone down all that much - somehow they still won that award recently for it 🤷‍♀️
seems they still have quite a following

Reactions: 1
I don’t know if the figures will have gone down all that much - somehow they still won that award recently for it 🤷‍♀️
seems they still have quite a following
They're both searchable on Company House for their accounts... They are NOT short of a bob or two. Interesting they're very separate, with the majority of it in Chris' name...

Reactions: 4
They're both searchable on Company House for their accounts... They are NOT short of a bob or two. Interesting they're very separate, with the majority of it in Chris' name...
Don't know why I'm surprised they have so much. They've told us countless times on the pod how well they're doing for THEMSELSSS 🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
There are a few podcasts I listen to that started as nothing and the following got so big the unknown hosts became ‘famous’ they then got advertising then set up a Patreon or whatever the equivalent is….and I get that totally. They spend their time doing a job and became ‘insta famous’ and realised their hard work and effort behind their pod work was chargeable and they could benefit.
Chris and Rosie to start with weren’t this. He was already famous, they could afford her not to work. But they then got advertising so basically being paid for the pod, they’ve had book deals, tours, Instagram adverts etc so they have financially gained hugely from the pod. this is a bleeping piss take! They’re not giving up a career else where to supply listeners with content.
The podcast I subscribe to, the people hosting had such high demand, they quit their day jobs to focus full time on the pod, so I get that.
For the ramsey’s it’s boosted his profile (he’s fine but never found him hilarious) never heard of her til podcast and loved her to start with, he is over the top in his reactions and the whole thing has become so staged and tit.
their schtick was unfiltered and now it’s disappeared.
I don’t care they’re rich af now. Go on 1 million holidays a year. Send your children to private school. Buy a bigger house. Buy, then sell a motor home. Enjoy your money. But stop pretending to ‘remember your roots’ and don’t bleeping charge for an extra podcast when you definitely don’t need any extra cash. Especially when you’re schtick is ‘I’m working class and I haven’t forgotten it’ ‘oh but I have my mum on hand every second of every day to help parent, I get free food from hello fresh and I have no mortgage, and I remind everyone of that all day every day’
Rant over. Soz

• Heart
Reactions: 37
There are a few podcasts I listen to that started as nothing and the following got so big the unknown hosts became ‘famous’ they then got advertising then set up a Patreon or whatever the equivalent is….and I get that totally. They spend their time doing a job and became ‘insta famous’ and realised their hard work and effort behind their pod work was chargeable and they could benefit.
Chris and Rosie to start with weren’t this. He was already famous, they could afford her not to work. But they then got advertising so basically being paid for the pod, they’ve had book deals, tours, Instagram adverts etc so they have financially gained hugely from the pod. this is a bleeping piss take! They’re not giving up a career else where to supply listeners with content.
The podcast I subscribe to, the people hosting had such high demand, they quit their day jobs to focus full time on the pod, so I get that.
For the ramsey’s it’s boosted his profile (he’s fine but never found him hilarious) never heard of her til podcast and loved her to start with, he is over the top in his reactions and the whole thing has become so staged and tit.
their schtick was unfiltered and now it’s disappeared.
I don’t care they’re rich af now. Go on 1 million holidays a year. Send your children to private school. Buy a bigger house. Buy, then sell a motor home. Enjoy your money. But stop pretending to ‘remember your roots’ and don’t bleeping charge for an extra podcast when you definitely don’t need any extra cash. Especially when you’re schtick is ‘I’m working class and I haven’t forgotten it’ ‘oh but I have my mum on hand every second of every day to help parent, I get free food from hello fresh and I have no mortgage, and I remind everyone of that all day every day’
Rant over. Soz
This is bang on! They do NOT need to charge for the pod as they’ll get paid a tit load for all the ads (about 6 minutes worth that I skip) and they’ve made so much off the back of it. This is just pure greed, plain and simple. It’s also pretty manipulative as they have an army of loyal followers who won’t want to ‘miss out’ so will fork out the cash for the extra content.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They’re not charging for the podcast though, that’s not changing and is still a weekly free podcast. They’re just adding extra content for a subscription. I’m not even a fan but I’m quite shocked (in general) at the amount of people who expect content for nothing. Why shouldn’t they get paid for the additional podcast episodes AND the tour AND the tv show? I wouldn’t work for nothing as I’m sure most people wouldn’t.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
They’re not charging for the podcast though, that’s not changing and is still a weekly free podcast. They’re just adding extra content for a subscription. I’m not even a fan but I’m quite shocked (in general) at the amount of people who expect content for nothing. Why shouldn’t they get paid for the additional podcast episodes AND the tour AND the tv show? I wouldn’t work for nothing as I’m sure most people wouldn’t.
They aren’t working for nothing though.
And they never have, they get paid through advertising.
They definitely get paid for the tour and tv show aswell.
They have so much money.

Reactions: 10
They had a choice and they chose greed.
So down to earth.
Totally this - they sold out!
Don’t get me wrong, opportunities may come their way and no-one begrudges them doing well but it feels like they are walking all over their supporters on the way up!
Better watch out they don’t trip as they fall!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think many people would prefer to just not have the extra content at all as lots of people can’t afford to pay for listening to someone read out headlines and make jokes about them, and then not understand jokes in the free podcast because they don’t pay for the premium one.

They aren’t working for nothing though.
And they never have, they get paid through advertising.
They definitely get paid for the tour and tv show aswell.
They have so much money.

How do you know how much money they have?

Of course they’re paid for the tv show and tour. That doesn’t mean they owe everyone free content and not charge for anything else they do.

It’s just really odd and anti-capitalist to me to begrudge someone being paid for their work. No one is being forced to sign up, just like no one is forced to get Sky TV or Amazon Prime.

Reactions: 3
How do you know how much money they have?

Of course they’re paid for the tv show and tour. That doesn’t mean they owe everyone free content and not charge for anything else they do.

It’s just really odd and anti-capitalist to me to begrudge someone being paid for their work. No one is being forced to sign up, just like no one is forced to get Sky TV or Amazon Prime.
I know because they tell us! 😂
If you listened to the podcast you’d know that.
They never tire of letting us know they aren’t short of money.
I personally don’t care that they’re charging for an extra podcast but some people won’t be able to afford it and will be gutted.

Reactions: 4
The people who listen to there podcast for free are also the people who paid you go to their show & for merchandise from SMA, people who downloaded their podcast to get them number one in the charts which would have helped them get paid advertisers, people who voted for them to help them win awards that probably helped get them their tv show. No one is asking them to work for nothing but they have to realise that they have already gained so much from their podcast fans that this is too many a slap in the face, fair enough if you wanna skip the adds then the option to pay a bit extra but to add extra bits on is in my eyes extremely greedy

Reactions: 13
You see greed, I see people maximising their earning opportunities, knowing they’re in their 30’s and this gravy train probably won’t see them through the next 30 years to retirement. We’ll have to respectfully disagree this time I guess ☺.

I think the the issue is (at least for me) that the podcast is so half-arsed now. They've become a parody of themselves. It started off genuine and was so funny when they were doing it for free (they even took the piss out of 'lucrative sponsors' each week before having the real ones). Now they basically just hit record and have a casual rambly chat about nothing, they don't even put in the work of reading listener's emails, and just rehash the same thing every week while getting paid very well for it. Just feels like they're bleeding it dry now and rinsing any money they can get from it - the merch, the book, the multiple tours, the TV shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the the issue is (at least for me) that the podcast is so half-arsed now. They've become a parody of themselves. It started off genuine and was so funny when they were doing it for free (they even took the piss out of 'lucrative sponsors' each week before having the real ones). Now they basically just hit record and have a casual rambly chat about nothing, they don't even put in the work of reading listener's emails, and just rehash the same thing every week while getting paid very well for it. Just feels like they're bleeding it dry now and rinsing any money they can get from it - the merch, the book, the multiple tours, the TV shows.
This is exactly my opinion too. Some podcasts have a paid subscription version on Patreon or whatever, but those podcasts usually put so much work and effort in, and actually care about the finished product and their listeners. Now granted I've not listened to SMA in about 18 months because it got so dreadful, but I assume they are still putting in the absolute bare minimum of effort, and despite all the advertising, tour and book money, are still grasping for more. It just comes across as so greedy and self absorbed.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.