Rosie Londoner

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 12
Oh no doubt they do- I’ve seen the contracts for some influencers in a previous job plus we all know how Rose loves an affiliate link. I’d just be super surprised if Rose was up at that top level given the things she advertises and frequency of her ads, especially given the accounts she’s filed previously at Companies House. Comped haircuts are nice but don’t pay the bills. Just my opinion 🤷🏻‍♀️
Respectfully I disagree - she's getting paid a sh*t ton. Also hate the general concept that someone is *not* independent if their husband is rich and the are at home with a baby. Even if they do share their wealth, for me it'd be weird not to do that with someone you're married to.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Rosie’s influencing career has peaked, and while The Londoner probably once comfortably supported her, she hasn’t successfully transitioned to a mummy Influencer and no longer has a USP, so I suspect it is PJ’s income that substantially supports the household now.

I don’t think that observation is offensive. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Sure, she's peaked, but she's easily making several hundred thousand and getting everything free.

Reactions: 1
Rosie’s influencing career has peaked, and while The Londoner probably once comfortably supported her, she hasn’t successfully transitioned to a mummy Influencer and no longer has a USP, so I suspect it is PJ’s income that substantially supports the household now.

I don’t think that observation is offensive. 🤷‍♀️
I think it's offensive that you think it means she isn't independent. USP or no USP, the brands want her, and pay good money for her. The idea that she hasn't successfully transitioned is purely your opinion, not fact

Reactions: 2
The majority of her income revenue is earned through her blog, rather than social media. Hence she seldom has ads etc on instagram (in comparison to other influencers anyway).

Her audience is largely American based, so she does have a USP of being a rich, young mother with a successful career, wholesome, handsome rich husband.... She's like a real life British Carrie Bradshaw. Though she's not. It's all smoke and mirrors for those of us who can see through the deception and cunningness.

There are people who'll read her blog though and believe she does lunch with Liv, gets invited to number 10 and does really speak like that. Then there are those of us who know she once went for lunch at a restaurant and Liv was there at another table and no communication occurred, the 10 downing street pic was just from an organised tour and her voice doesn't really sound like Peppa Pig speaking in received pronounciaton while getting high on helium and lemonade. They'll believe her clothes and handbags are genuine and that she lives in a fancy Notting Hill townhouse instead of a split level rented studio. And for as long as they click onto her website, brands will pay money to her, to sell a slither of this Rosie (her name is Rose, ironically she detested being called Rosie in the past, but I digress) *lifestyle* to whoever purchases their products.

Good luck to her I say. It cannot be particularly great for her mental health though.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think it's offensive that you think it means she isn't independent. USP or no USP, the brands want her, and pay good money for her. The idea that she hasn't successfully transitioned is purely your opinion, not fact
No where do I mention whether I believe she is independent or not. Maybe you’ve confused me with another poster?

And unless you have inside information (in which case I would question why you are on a gossip forum/trash thread), brands wanting her and paying good money for her, is purely your opinion, not fact.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just happened upon a reel of hers on insta and had forgotten she existed. Fantastic. Had missed that half moon face.

Also never heard her voice before. Why does she talk like that? Not sure even the queen is that plummy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s hilarious how much she really does not suit that hairstyle 😂 TikTok regret I’m guessing!!

Reactions: 3
I think she’s been reading here (we all know she reads GOMI anyway) - she hardly ever posts about “working”, I think so that she can maintain her London fairytale persona as opposed to reminding everyone that it’s actually a job and she’s not just flitting around in an outdated British dreamworld. But after all the talk about her not having any of her own money and depending on her husband, she’s just posted a picture of her “shooting a new campaign” followed by “I love my job!!”

Perhaps I’m reading too much into it, but definitely odd timing imo

Reactions: 8
I think she’s been reading here (we all know she reads GOMI anyway) - she hardly ever posts about “working”, I think so that she can maintain her London fairytale persona as opposed to reminding everyone that it’s actually a job and she’s not just flitting around in an outdated British dreamworld. But after all the talk about her not having any of her own money and depending on her husband, she’s just posted a picture of her “shooting a new campaign” followed by “I love my job!!”

Perhaps I’m reading too much into it, but definitely odd timing imo
Thought the same

No where do I mention whether I believe she is independent or not. Maybe you’ve confused me with another poster?
I think it was probably meant to be directed to me. I’ve had a word with myself as I probably overstepped the mark with what I said: it was poorly expressed and I didn’t mean to cause offence to everyone. It also wasn’t meant as a comment to be applied to every woman with a wealthy husband or stay at home mum (and yes, I get the point that was made that this is her business).

Has anyone noticed that she mentions an orgasm in every other post? My guess is she talks so much about sex because she’s not actually having any....

I’ll never forget how she tried to explain UK politics on her blog back in the day and said that the Tories were the good floppy haired Gryffindors and Labour were Slytherins 🤣🤣🤣
If I were her I would look back at this and cringe.

Pretty sure her recent links of highstreet fashion are a copy of ones by thefashionbugblog (who doesn't use ad/aff links like Rosie..) or am I just seeing her lazy and copycat behaviour in everything?!
this is completely false - fashionbugblog uses affiliate links ALL THE TIME. The ASA will speak to her about it, but every few months she stops declaring again. Claire Chanelle is annoying, but at least she makes a point of declaring ad and affiliate links.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
this is completely false - fashionbugblog uses affiliate links ALL THE TIME. The ASA will speak to her about it, but every few months she stops declaring again. Claire Chanelle is annoying, but at least she makes a point of declaring ad and affiliate links.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't realise! Clearly she is just super shocking at declaring them. I'm very disappointed in another influencer who obviously doesn't need the money being so shady about it 😒

Rose has been slapped on the wrist twice by the Advertising Standards Authority, once in mid-2018 and again in 2019, both times about not clearly disclosing affiliate marketing.

The 2019 ruling (with Matalan of all retailers!) had quite the write up:

A581E341-29AF-4632-8A26-063B943B27DA.jpeg

I wonder if all those businesses banging down the door to work with and throw big money at The Londoner realise she has breached CAP Codes and has been reprimanded by the ASA? 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Rose has been slapped on the wrist twice by the Advertising Standards Authority, once in mid-2018 and again in 2019, both times about not clearly disclosing affiliate marketing.

The 2019 ruling (with Matalan of all retailers!) had quite the write up:

View attachment 278844

I wonder if all those businesses banging down the door to work with and throw big money at The Londoner realise she has breached CAP Codes and has been reprimanded by the ASA? 🤔
You do consider that when you hire an influencer, but not that strongly - you make sure you brief them thoroughly and that there's a papertrace showing that you gave them proper clear instructions on how to stick to the rules, but you're never able to control what they do at the end of the day, and if they screw it up you politely contact them and get them to rectify it. So to your point - no, her two rulings definitely wouldn't be a dealbreaker

Reactions: 1
I didn't realise! Clearly she is just super shocking at declaring them. I'm very disappointed in another influencer who obviously doesn't need the money being so shady about it 😒
[/QUOTE]

I’m guessing her sales go way, way down when she does declare, so she stops and instead pretends she’s posting about 50 links a day to be your BFF who wants to share her amazing finds! It’s just greed, pure and simple. I think the ASA should come out in force again, there are plenty who aren’t declaring gifts or when they do, doing it in small text in the corner of a story so if you’re looking you wouldn’t see it (Philippa Bloom).

• Angry
Reactions: 5
The ASA depends upon the public reporting lack of disclosure or sneaky disclosure by influencers. It’s really straight forward and fast to do:

It’s probably inevitable that Rose will require reporting again. She uses the streams of ‘follower’ questions 🤥 as a way to affiliate link all sorts of expensive items. I’m sure she believes her recommendations make her appear very approachable, helpful and clever, and the advertising disclosure doesn’t really fit that image.

Of course, reporting her each and every time she fails to disclose advertising makes ceebs223’s job easier, too. 😀

Reactions: 4
Apparently she's received "a lot" of backlash for asking Americans to go and vote 😅 .... Of course you have Rose. Her latest story makes it seem like Donald Trump has personally DM'd her telling her to stick to hair and makeup.

Rose. You. Are. Not. That. F**king. Important.
Your hair tips are lame for anyone under 50 living outside 1983. No one cares if you tell anyone to vote or not.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.