Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he is 2 in a few months. It is probably more than just speech as they wouldn’t just diagnose on that alone, although it does still seem so young. My youngest son had delayed speech, but I also have an older child with non verbal autism. Lack of speech was the first sign for us. Not all children just magically start speaking so early intervention is key

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know absolutely nothing about autism but no speech at all at this age is definitely delayed, though obviously every child gets there at a different time. I don't know what other signs he might have but she did say a while back that Bea had encouraged her to have a consultation with speech therapy

Reactions: 2
He's 2 in Oct. When my own was about this age I was panicking that she wasn't talking at all and got a speech and language referral so I wouldn't say it's out of the ordinary to get things checked at that age. My own ended up just being a bit delayed and no diagnosis so can't say if it's early for that

Reactions: 1
Oh that’s heartbreaking and I don’t mean that in a patronising way, being told that there will be any additional challenges for your child is hard to hear. It’s such a pity her parents can’t move to America and if the sister has to move away it will be very isolating for her.

Reactions: 12
Sending love to Rosemary. I'm sure it's a stressful time for her and her family.
She has a lot going on. Busy family, feeling down, working, green card, book coming out and now this extra stress. Not easy

Reactions: 9
I pre-ordered from Easons and have received her book this morning. I dunno of start tonight or hold off til the weekend but im looking forward to getting stuck in!

Reactions: 8
I pre-ordered from Easons and have received her book this morning. I dunno of start tonight or hold off til the weekend but im looking forward to getting stuck in!
Ordered mine via Gutter bookshop, anyone get theirs from there yet? Also looking forward to reading.

Mine arrived this morning from Eason too, I think I'll read a chapter or two tonight just to see how I feel about it!

Reactions: 3
Got mine today and have started it while baby napped...enjoying it so far. I love her style of writing anyway but it reads very much like she speaks if that makes sense. Audio book would be a good shout I reckon

Reactions: 4
Not sure what the purpose of these amgular “thirst trap” photos in the middle of stories but I hope it stops.

Got mine this morning from Easons!!
Not sure what the purpose of these amgular “thirst trap” photos in the middle of stories but I hope it stops.
what's an amgular thirst trap?? i tried to google but to no avail??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm about 1/2 way through it, I'm still not really sure what to think! How is everyone else finding it?