Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm halfway through it too, enjoying it very much. I hate to criticise because she will read here but my only fault so far is it's a little repetitive and I don't remember one fella from the other. But an enjoyable read for sure.

Reactions: 1
What are your thoughts so far?
I don't hate it but I'm not wowed by it either. I find it quite repetitive and dare I say, feeling quite sorry for some of the lads in it. It feels very much like overhearing a conversation in the ladies toilet at 2am of a nightclub but you're completely sober. You're going to empathise with the crying girl in tears over a guy but you know it's probably not all his doing.
I get that it's her perspective and she did write that the events were as she recalled them and she was as guilty as the guys in some of the relationships but... I don't think it's a book I'd re-read and can't imagine how I'd recommend it to someone without sounding like a voyeur.
Maybe it's just the stage of the book I'm at so far. I think we were all eejits in our teens -20s.

Reactions: 5
Anyone willing to share any insights?
So far Im enjoying it. I'm more than halfway through.

Think its pretty honest, doesnt altogether paint her in a good light.

As some one with pretty low self esteem, i can relate to some of the "cool girl" moments.

Reactions: 3
So far I’m liking it. There is an honesty that I find lacking in a lot of Irish writing. Ireland is such a small place I guess it’s not too easy. Some of the stories have reawakened some past encounters.
I found the rape story very raw to read and while I knew the story from before I definitely felt the panic rising in my chest reading it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
he kissed some one else on a night out, but in reality it was probably never going anywhere, they didnt make eachother happy and wanted different things. He was also flirting with a work colleague which R saw going through his phone. That was the final straw

Reactions: 11