Rosemary MacCabe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Rosemary!! You never mentioned you were paying them back on the blog I pay to subscribe to - sorry I’m not psychic!! I’ll unsubscribe now. Also good job dumping the dog for a second time

Reactions: 6
To be fair, she’s included an outgoing payment to her parents for the car loan a few times in her money diaries (the old format anyway), it used to be at the top of the page along with her contribution to the mortgage/bills when she lived in Brandon’s house

Reactions: 6
Hi Rosemary!! You never mentioned you were paying them back on the blog I pay to subscribe to - sorry I’m not psychic!! I’ll unsubscribe now. Also good job dumping the dog for a second time
I think maybe unfollow her if her stories and her situation are annoying you so much? I'm not even being sarcastic or anything but they're clearly having a negative impact on you

Reactions: 22
Oh God I really feel for her but she's been SUCH a bleeping smartarse in the past when people tried to tell her to not spend every cent she had and maybe try and save a bit. Now she's asking those same people for money. I'd hope she'll learn, but...

Reactions: 15
I'm sure she will be gutted to see you go. She told me though(and everyone else who watches her instagram stories at least I think that's where I saw it) becasue I knew it was a loan and I don't subscribe to her blog. Your poor attention span is hardly her problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm sure she will be gutted to see you go. She told me though(and everyone else who watches her instagram stories at least I think that's where I saw it) becasue I knew it was a loan and I don't subscribe to her blog. Your poor attention span is hardly her problem.
Getting a loan for a car from aging parents instead of you know a bank or a dealership says it all really

Reactions: 1
Getting a loan for a car from aging parents instead of you know a bank or a dealership says it all really
Not every family has the means or relationship to do it, but it’s not completely out of the ordinary to get a loan from a family member rather than a bank/dealership. It makes sense to me that she would take that route in a country where she can’t get a loan from a bank or dealership since she has no credit history. I wouldn’t have that relationship with my parents but I wouldn’t begrudge anyone else it. I think when you don’t like a creator/influencer/celebrity everything they do annoys you (I’ve def felt that way about other influencers), and that seems to be the case here.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I like Rosemary but in fairness I can’t believe she just admitted to having no savings thus far and blowing any extra cash as “fun money”. She’s a mother now and living in America ffs. There should come a time when she should stop relying on the good will of strangers to subsidise her lifestyle and instead starting saving any surplus instead of splurging it on crap. I can’t believe she hasn’t been doing that all this time tbh. She has the spending habits of a teenager. I don’t see why those consequences should fall on anyone else but her

Reactions: 21
She has a horrendously unstable income/career and still spends recklessly. She needs to sit down and look at her priorities. Probably scope for psychological input.

Reactions: 8
Well once again your poor attention span isn't her problem. She said why she couldn't get a loan from a bank or a dealership.

At the end of the day people can choose whether to pay for her writing or podcasts or not. Once you have paid for that what she does with her money is her choice. I'm sure right about now she is wishing she had a buffer but she can hardly go back in time can she? We all learn and grow, I'm sure she will find a lesson in this.

Reactions: 15
I like Rosemary but in fairness I can’t believe she just admitted to having no savings thus far and blowing any extra cash as “fun money”. She’s a mother now and living in America ffs. There should come a time when she should stop relying on the good will of strangers to subsidise her lifestyle and instead starting saving any surplus instead of splurging it on crap. I can’t believe she hasn’t been doing that all this time tbh. She has the spending habits of a teenager. I don’t see why those consequences should fall on anyone else but her
Maybe this will be the point where she realises that living a normal life with normal problems comes at the expense of "fun money"? I thought it would have happened before her child was born (because like, don't they start saving for a child to go to college from conception in America?) I would say the majority of people I know reached that stage at 21, after college or so, and again, most people I know would throw a few bob into a kitty weekly so they're not up tit creek when there will inevitably be a week where the washing machine, the fridge, and the car all break down at once, the same week the utility bills come in the door. Murphy's law.

It's none of our business why she has a loan from her parents - lots of people do this.

She's chosen her lifestyle, as is her right, and it's your choice to pay for her content, as is your right.

There's almost a gloating vibe here, like "good enough for her, that's what happens when you don't have a rainyday fund and spend all your money on consumerist shite" and maybe ye are right but none of that changes her situation and maybe it'll change how she operates going forward but there's some serious schadenfreude here.

She's in a tit situation which I don't envy one bit but she has a network over there, which puts her miles ahead of couples in similar situations that have no one. She's been honest about everything before, so I don't see why she would stop now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'll admit, I would get a loan from my mother rather than going to a bank and getting charged interest on it. I also think we need to remember they bought a house quite recently, I don't think you'd have much savings left after the deposit is paid and it's not Rosemary's fault that Brandin was laid off with no notice. She has also already said she needs to change her spending habits now that they are in this situation so I don't see how it is necessary or helpful for people to keep going on about it when she has already admitted this. I'm sure she feels tit enough at the moment without people basically implying she deserves it. I hope everyone judging her is always really good with their money and never buys things they don't need 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yeah, I’m not surprised about the babysitter. The second she found out about the initial lockdown, she legged it to the airport to be with the random stranger she just met & ditched her “beloved” dog with her elderly parents. Her sister is also in the US obviously so who was going to help support her parents during the pandemic? is this new dog rehomed too? Poor thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yeah, I’m not surprised about the babysitter. The second she found out about the initial lockdown, she legged it to the airport to be with the random stranger she just met & ditched her “beloved” dog with her elderly parents. Her sister is also in the US obviously so who was going to help support her parents during the pandemic? is this new dog rehomed too? Poor thing.
What new dog, Vinny? She rescued him.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think it’s fair to say that she’s “relying on the goodwill of strangers to subsidise her lifestyle”, she’s not asking for donations like, it’s an exchange in that you are paying to read her writing, same as if you were buying a magazine or something.
I probably get a takeaway once or twice a month so the amount she has been spending on food has always been a shock to me but we probably all have something we spend too much money on, we just don’t publish the details so no one else knows 🤣

Reactions: 10
So none of us have ever asked an employer for a raise when we went through a tough period?! FFS, you'd swear she asked people to sacrifice their first born!

Reactions: 10
She has said multiple times in posts/podcasts/stories that she left in March and had a return ticket for May for a friends wedding. She - like many others, myself included - thought the pandemic was a blip, maybe for a month or so. I don't think anybody foresaw how Covid changed the world with lockdowns/travel/quarantines etc.
You would swear she left with a one way ticket never to return the way you've described it.

Reactions: 19
The admirable feminist, who only moved to the US on the basis that she would become dependent on that poor sod and spend every cent on takeaway and hideous furnishings.

I’ve looked at his page a couple times. He seems to go to the gym and obviously was working up til recently.
Would love to know what he thought to come home and this slob panned out on the couch after a big lunch order. Would love to know why the babysitter ghosted her but I can’t blame her either.

Reactions: 5