Rosemary MacCabe #2 not a rave thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s been in speech therapy for over a year so he certainly has some additional needs.
And he’s over 2 and still not talking so there’s some indicators that he has
---
And there is nothing to prescribe to him if he does has autism
Ok some additional needs for sure. But I wouldn’t have thought that would put her off having another baby

Reactions: 2
Ok some additional needs for sure. But I wouldn’t have thought that would put her off having another baby
I’m not attacking but why would it? It’s not like he needs 24/7 one on one care

Speech therapy does not indicate a definite problem. I've nephews that went for it to help speech and they are perfect after a few sessions.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Speech therapy does not indicate a definite problem. I've nephews that went for it to help speech and they are perfect after a few sessions.
This for sure. My own child wasn't talking by her 2 year PHN check and was referred for speech therapy. She got a couple of sessions recently through hse but she's just turned four and is talking perfectly with no other issues. My other child is 2 now and had his 2 year PHN check last month and is talking in full sentences even though I did everything the same. A speech delay isn't always an indicator of something more

Reactions: 6
we have a diagnosis on a kid. Having siblings was hugely beneficial in helping him develop socially and outside of personal preferences on family size etc it shouldnt be a reason not to have another kid.

Brandin seems like a good soul but America is a nightmare country. Didn't Rosemary have a section last time. Did healthcare cover this? We think we have it bad here, Inflated healthcare, inflated education costs - college costs are multiples of what they are here, poor benefits and a huge percentage of Americans work at least 2 jobs to make it work. No wonder he is a bit scared as he already has 3.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am usually a Rosemary fan (i know, i know she can be a pain in the hole but I do appreciate the warts and all honesty, it's refreshing compared to the usual filtered/botoxed/fillered/Greige house shite we get from Pippa and co) BUT am I being a bit weird thinking it's the height of selfishness to power ahead with getting pregnant when your husband doesn't want it? And I know he could have taken precautions if he really didn't want another I do get that, but I don't know having another kid is such a huge decision I can't imagine going ahead without both parents being in agreement on it. And I get his anxiety on budgeting etc, it's just the reality of modern life, you can have all the children you want but they all have to be fed, watered and reared, that's before you even think about educating them etc which is an eye-wateringly expensive task in Amercia.
I agree with this. Also a big part of Repeal was that women should not have to want babies and it was ok to not want a child. We can’t now criticise men for a ‘childish’ or ‘man child’ reaction to another baby. It is perfectly fine to not want more or any children and be worried about the expense another baby brings

Reactions: 15
I’m not attacking but why would it? It’s not like he needs 24/7 one on one care
It was someone else who commented that a newborn wouldn’t be a good idea with a child with additional needs - I was thinking the same as you, why would it?

I think we’ve been all following Rosemary long enough to know finances don’t factor in to her decision making.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s not safe in pregnancy at all, how scary to get pregnant while on it.
I know a couple of people personally who are taking it to try to lose weight to aid them in getting pregnant! Didn’t realise it was such a no no to get pregnant when on it…. Is it because they haven’t trialled it on pregnant women (obviously!)?

It was someone else who commented that a newborn wouldn’t be a good idea with a child with additional needs - I was thinking the same as you, why would it?
Sorry completely picked you up wrong. On reread can see what you meant 🙏

I know a couple of people personally who are taking it to try to lose weight to aid them in getting pregnant! Didn’t realise it was such a no no to get pregnant when on it…. Is it because they haven’t trialled it on pregnant women (obviously!)?
Fetal abnormalities in animal studies

• Wow
we have a diagnosis on a kid. Having siblings was hugely beneficial in helping him develop socially and outside of personal preferences on family size etc it shouldnt be a reason not to have another kid.

Brandin seems like a good soul but America is a nightmare country. Didn't Rosemary have a section last time. Did healthcare cover this? We think we have it bad here, Inflated healthcare, inflated education costs - college costs are multiples of what they are here, poor benefits and a huge percentage of Americans work at least 2 jobs to make it work. No wonder he is a bit scared as he already has 3.
For all Americas faults they also earn HUGE wages, did you see how much Beatrice earned in her last job? Don't believe all the anti America hype, it certainly has its challenges but Rosemary could only dream of having a similar house here.

Reactions: 4
For all Americas faults they also earn HUGE wages, did you see how much Beatrice earned in her last job? Don't believe all the anti America hype, it certainly has its challenges but Rosemary could only dream of having a similar house here.
They don’t in places like Indiana though and most states outside of the big cities. Beatrice was incredibly senior. Brandin is a project manager. He probably earns barely 50k and has child support to pay. I’d say Rosemary inexplicably is the earner through Substack

editing to add link. But I wouldn’t call 68k huge https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/project-manager-i-salary/fort-wayne-in

Reactions: 4
I was in company in NY not that many years ago and was really suprised among professionals who had second jobs uber, delivery or side hustles and a real worry as their kids approached 3rd level at costs. I know its expensive here if kids need to live away from home but the figures I heard there were truely eye watering. Alot of couples seem to carry huge debt too, college loans, car loans, mortages, multiple credit cards so not really anti american hype just the worker bees having to sell their souls to the american dream.

Reactions: 6
I was in company in NY not that many years ago and was really suprised among professionals who had second jobs uber, delivery or side hustles and a real worry as their kids approached 3rd level at costs. I know its expensive here if kids need to live away from home but the figures I heard there were truely eye watering. Alot of couples seem to carry huge debt too, college loans, car loans, mortages, multiple credit cards so not really anti american hype just the worker bees having to sell their souls to the american dream.
Yes I know people who work in corporate jobs in America with good pay and insurance and do Uber on the weekends just to make ends meet. So much for the American dream

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Lots of my friends live over there and all agree that it has its problems but also say that America has been good to them. Rosemary and Beatrice also seem to have nice lives, don't see either of then delivering pizza to make ends meet 🤣

• Haha
Lots of my friends live over there and all agree that it has its problems but also say that America has been good to them. Rosemary and Beatrice also seem to have nice lives, don't see either of then delivering pizza to make ends meet 🤣
I could not live there, simply for the fact the Housing association telling Rosemary she couldn't dry washing out in the garden. Can you imagine!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
‘Murica certainly has its problems. A massive proportion of people are grifting to make ends meet. As for healthcare and college costs… it’s nuts.