Rosemary MacCabe #2 not a rave thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she spoke really well, hope it all goes ok for her. I remember the torture she put herself through eating beef for breakfast and going to that gym in Smithfield

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Yeah look she’s done the gym thing, dieting, therapy, she explained the food noise and her habits quite well. It’ll be interesting to see how this all pans out, in curious as the the psychological aspect and inner thinking’s of someone who takes it. We really do only see the “then and now” snap shots and click baity talk about it. I’ve very mixed feelings in the whole culture of it, so I’m interested in learning more.

Reactions: 20
Really interested to see how she gets on and a true ‘warts and all’ account of what it’s like. Fair play to her.

Reactions: 8
I’d say she will end up giving it up if it takes away her enjoyment of food
Food is one of the greatest enjoyments in life. For most people food is more than preserving life. It's the basis of our social interactions, hobby, joy, happiness etc

Food is one of the greatest enjoyments in life. For most people food is more than preserving life. It's the basis of our social interactions, hobby, joy, happiness etc
Oh I know. Which is why I would never try Ozempic 😆 I’m just parroting what she said on her stories which is that she enjoys food so much and if that enjoyment goes it’ll be hard to choose which means more, enjoying food or being thin

Reactions: 5
I don't think I can give her too much props when she previously said that so much as *wanting* to lose weight is fat phobic 🙄 they're all such hypocrites.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I’m not going to give her props for going on ozempic
---
I thought she spoke really well, hope it all goes ok for her. I remember the torture she put herself through eating beef for breakfast and going to that gym in Smithfield
she didn’t need to torture herself by eating beef for breakfast. Just another example of Rosemary going to extreme fads and then dropping them

Reactions: 6
Oh I know. Which is why I would never try Ozempic 😆 I’m just parroting what she said on her stories which is that she enjoys food so much and if that enjoyment goes it’ll be hard to choose which means more, enjoying food or being thin
I don't think it is just enjoying food or being thin though. I saw a full body photo Rosemary shared a while back and I was surprised by just how much weight she had put on. If she keeps gaining like that she's on the road to health issues and mobility issues. I'd be surprised if at her weight she doesn't feel impeded by it already.

I skipped through her stories as I've no interest in ozempic so I don't know what her reasons are but good for her for trying to tackle it. Weight loss can be hard and I see no harm in taking medication to help if you need it.

Reactions: 5
I know I might get hate for this and I do wish her well with this, but apart from her mad fad diets over the years I have never seen her actually trying to lose weight the correct way.

Not keto not monitoring macros and lifting weights - just reducing food, changing choices and walking everyday. Trust me I know myself how hard it is, willpower takes so much work. But I haven’t seen her try.

What happens when she gets to the goal weight and stops using it? What will be her fix then?

Reactions: 13
I know I might get hate for this and I do wish her well with this, but apart from her mad fad diets over the years I have never seen her actually trying to lose weight the correct way.

Not keto not monitoring macros and lifting weights - just reducing food, changing choices and walking everyday. Trust me I know myself how hard it is, willpower takes so much work. But I haven’t seen her try.

What happens when she gets to the goal weight and stops using it? What will be her fix then?
I suppose the idea is that by the time you finish taking ozempic you will be accustomed to eating less and your habits will have changed. I think it'll take a good while for Rosemary to get to a healthy weight so you are looking at a year maybe of Ozempic and eating less which is a long time, perhaps habits will form in that time? I think once she loses some weight she might feel less sluggish and more inclined to exercise so maybe will build that in too.

I know a lot of people put weight back on again when they finish up on weightless medication but I suppose that's their choice to make. Only Rosemary will know if how she feels at a healthy weight is worth a lifetime of discipline to keep it.

Reactions: 3

I had the same initial response to what she posted and then she gave an insight into her food issues. She admitted she prediabetic, that she eats a lot of fried food, she can’t stop thinking about what she’s going to eat next. I think the ship has sailed for her in terms of eating responsibly and mindfully. She’s fully entrenched in eating take aways for the majority of the week, the American lifestyle of convenience and doesn’t seem to have the discipline to follow through on any of her wants in terms of health or changes to lifestyle. Sure she would rather come online to thousands of people and beg for patreon $2 to afford her takeaway habits rather than just eat something made from the cupboards. As I said, I’ve mixed feelings on taking a weight loss injection. Do I think she has the resources, ability and support to change her lifestyle? I think so. But with strong habits and the mind, sometimes it’s not so easy to overcome. It’s clearly getting her down. She clearly eats for comfort and enjoyment. It’s a vicious cycle. Very hard to motivate yourself to get dressed when suffering with poor MH let alone have a salad and go for a jog.

The science on weight and weight loss is very limited and only starting to be understood. Much of the conventional wisdom is being debunked, but attitudes will take time to change.

The old "eat less, move more" doesn't work for everyone and some people always struggle with their weight. If dieting actually worked, people would simply do it once and never need to do it again, but thats not the case for 90%+ of people.

The modern lifestyle doesn't help, and its very hard to avoid altogether due to the foods available in shops/restaurants. People are different, and it makes sense to me that there are some people who struggle more than others, and why should those people not take any help they can get to live a healthier, happier life, without constantly obsessing over food and carrying around excess weight?

Her health is already quite impacted going on what she said yesterday, so I hope it works for her.

The thing that people are not saying outloud much right now is that most people will need to be on these meds long term, or at least go back on them more than once. Once you stop taking them, you'll likely regain some/all of the weight. I think it will become mainstream in years to come.

Reactions: 14
I believe some of them have a maintenance dose, I think maybe you take it at longer intervals or it’s a smaller dose. Apparently only 20% of people put the weight back on so for 1 in 4 the odds are in their favour. She mentioned that she is 250 pounds, that is quite a lot of weight for her to be carrying around and probably seems like a very difficult prospect to shift it without this help.

Reactions: 3
There was speculation here that they broke up
I don’t want to sound obsessed with B/ her relationship haha but the last podcast I think makes it clear that she has split from her husband. She buys a new car, and it’s her oldest son that goes with her to pick it up… she brought the kids to Nashville on holiday without the husband…. She mentions getting annoyed when she downloads Google maps and the children tell her ‘this is what dad uses’…. I think it’s really sad if it’s true that she is out in fort Wayne with kiddies and a marriage of so long hasn’t worked out :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I don’t want to sound obsessed with B/ her relationship haha but the last podcast I think makes it clear that she has split from her husband. She buys a new car, and it’s her oldest son that goes with her to pick it up… she brought the kids to Nashville on holiday without the husband…. She mentions getting annoyed when she downloads Google maps and the children tell her ‘this is what dad uses’…. I think it’s really sad if it’s true that she is out in fort Wayne with kiddies and a marriage of so long hasn’t worked out :(
They were talking about marriage and divorce in a patreon episode and heard her mention a friend and she said ‘she’s also getting divorced’ don’t know whether it was just a slip of the tongue.

• Wow
Reactions: 1