Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was a well done documentary overall. I didn’t know the full picture of allegations against him, I’d mainly known about the grooming of his daughters best friend and that is just so grim in itself.

Sadly, as the documentary itself touched on, Bindi knew of what her father had done long before it all formed a criminal case. She defended him then, since and I believe still now. She is broken, but I think that came long before all of this and the family dynamic is far more toxic, fractured and codependent than anyone ever knew before all of this came to light.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Is the documentary being shown on TV or is it only on itvx, I can't see it in the TV guide

Reactions: 4
I thought it was a well done documentary overall. I didn’t know the full picture of allegations against him, I’d mainly known about the grooming of his daughters best friend and that is just so grim in itself.

Sadly, as the documentary itself touched on, Bindi knew of what her father had done long before it all formed a criminal case. She defended him then, since and I believe still now. She is broken, but I think that came long before all of this and the family dynamic is far more toxic, fractured and codependent than anyone ever knew before all of this came to light.
With regard to Bindi defending him, and this is a reach with zero evidence to back it up I know, but we don’t know the dynamics of their relationship. She could also be/have been a victim. I’m not suggesting sexual abuse necessarily but I think emotional/psychological abuse is a distinct possibility.

Reactions: 21
With regard to Bindi defending him, and this is a reach with zero evidence to back it up I know, but we don’t know the dynamics of their relationship. She could also be/have been a victim. I’m not suggesting sexual abuse necessarily but I think emotional/psychological abuse is a distinct possibility.
Sadly, I think you are spot on and that is not a reach at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I agree. I don’t think it’s too much of a reach at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
His lack of remorse and his writing that song about women making things up to get to his money was 🤯 He’s clearly still trying to persuade others that he’s innocent, so his powers of persuasion over his wife and daughter must be some kind of cohesive control. Especially for them to sit through the trial and still believe he’s innocent.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
It has me wondering too. My aunt was always funny when it came to men and was still a virgin in her 30s. When I came forward about being abused by my grandfather (her dad), she was really funny about it and made excuses like he probably didn't mean it, I misread stuff etc and that got me thinking about stuff I had seen over the years and the way they behaved around each other. Then one night she was having a nightmare in bed and when she woke up, he was bent over her. The scream she let out when she saw him was one I have never heard before and hope never to again. He turned white and rushed out while she broke into tears...I came right out and asked her and the look on her face said I was right but she swore he had never touched her and I was sick as he would never do anything like that as he loved her. Another family member came forward, and we found out he had done it to nonfamily members as well, and on his deathbed, he said sorry to us as well as others he had hurt but even with him admitting it, she has always denied it and blamed me for everything.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
His lack of remorse and his writing that song about women making things up to get to his money was 🤯 He’s clearly still trying to persuade others that he’s innocent, so his powers of persuasion over his wife and daughter must be some kind of cohesive control. Especially for them to sit through the trial and still believe he’s innocent.
The “I’m the real victim here” is strong with these types

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Watched the documentary last night. As others have commented, it was well put-together, especially for ITV (who often do the clips-with-voiceover type).

The Bear bloke gave some insight into the family dynamic but what I thought was truly telling was the police detective recounting of Bindi's ex-husband saying "I've been waiting years for you to ask me about him" when they knocked on his door.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Is the documentary being shown on TV or is it only on itvx, I can't see it in the TV guide
It’s an itv x exclusive at the moment. They must put it on mainstream at a later date as they have done with a drama that was released as an itv x exclusive several months ago.

Reactions: 6
The thing is, years ago you could tell everyone and anyone, nothing would happen.

side topic but that “my body is my body” public info advert made me so sad, because the message was that if you don’t like someone touching you, you tell them to stop, say no, go away. Like what pedalo is going to look at a 7 year old saying “stop that” and go, “oh right, it’s a fair cop, I’ll leave you alone, bye” it left it to little kids to challenge/stop an adult who maybe abusing them, so pointless and possibly more risky.
Lets face it in those days if you told an adult it would be 50/50 you’d end up in trouble and getting walloped for causing trouble and saying bad things about nice Mr Harris

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes putting the onus on victims to tell abusers no. What about telling these evil men not to be bleeping abusers?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The thing is, years ago you could tell everyone and anyone, nothing would happen.

side topic but that “my body is my body” public info advert made me so sad, because the message was that if you don’t like someone touching you, you tell them to stop, say no, go away. Like what pedalo is going to look at a 7 year old saying “stop that” and go, “oh right, it’s a fair cop, I’ll leave you alone, bye” it left it to little kids to challenge/stop an adult who maybe abusing them, so pointless and possibly more risky.
Lets face it in those days if you told an adult it would be 50/50 you’d end up in trouble and getting walloped for causing trouble and saying bad things about nice Mr Harris
Very true, I recall really loathing Jmy Saville when I was a child and adults telling me off for being so nasty about this lovely man who worked so hard for charity.🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Denial is quite powerful amongst the guilty.... Note he's not even watched it. Can't help some people. Accountability is for other people.
Imprisoned for his own crimes against minors. Dirty fucker.

I hope we’re told where Rolf is buried/scattered so I can go and let my dog tit on his remains.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Denial is quite powerful amongst the guilty.... Note he's not even watched it. Can't help some people. Accountability is for other people.
bleeping scum of the earth, not only for what he did but for continuing to minimise what the victims went through. Utter bleep.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
bleeping scum of the earth, not only for what he did but for continuing to minimise what the victims went through. Utter bleep.
Assume you saw the documentary where Harris wrote a poem about how these victims were game and just after his money? He was damned by the letter he wrote to his victim's father but still... still in his mind he's the victim. It's hard to understand that level of arrogance.

What is unclear about assaulting a 13yo girl when you're not only an adult but her best friend's dad and a powerful celebrity?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Assume you saw the documentary where Harris wrote a poem about how these victims were game and just after his money? He was damned by the letter he wrote to his victim's father but still... still in his mind he's the victim. It's hard to understand that level of arrogance.
I did. I was aghast.

Reactions: 7