Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to absolutely love Last Train Home. Likewise, can’t listen to it anymore.
I interviewed Lostprophets for a small ‘zine when they were on a smaller record label and just starting to get a bit of a buzz. They were so funny and friendly and down to earth. I saw a few of them in times after, in the crowd for other bands gigs, and again they were all so funny and approachable. Then at some point they blew up and I remember seeing Ian Watkins and one of the others turn up at a random small venue gig in London in a ridiculously OTT sportscar. His ego had just absolutely gone wild all of a sudden. That was some time before it all got so much darker. It disturbed me so much when it all came out.
It can be hard to believe that a celeb you've met can be a dirty predatory bastard. There's one I used to bump into quite regularly on a social basis about 15 years ago, seemed fine if a bit too over the top flirty on occasion but still seemingly harmless. Then I found out that he sexually assaulted one of my friends in quite a violent manner. I never thought he was capable of that. My friend knew that he wouldn't be able to afford legal representation on the scale that the celeb could - so he didn't report it.

And that's how these fuckers get away with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It can be hard to believe that a celeb you've met can be a dirty predatory bastard. There's one I used to bump into quite regularly on a social basis about 15 years ago, seemed fine if a bit too over the top flirty on occasion but still seemingly harmless. Then I found out that he sexually assaulted one of my friends in quite a violent manner. I never thought he was capable of that. My friend knew that he wouldn't be able to afford legal representation on the scale that the celeb could - so he didn't report it.

And that's how these fuckers get away with it.
Yep like a certain fighter who has been accused numerous times yet always manages to slither away.

Reactions: 10
Yep. The system is weighted against the victims.

So enough of the naive people posting on here thinking that reporting it works.

Reactions: 8
Reporting is better than not reporting it, though, in that it at least gives a *possibility* of something happening, however small for whatever reason.

Reactions: 5
Yep. The system is weighted against the victims.

So enough of the naive people posting on here thinking that reporting it works.
even the police don’t believe victims a lot of the time. And then when they do decide to act it’s only because they think it’ll make them look good. Victims are often manipulated by the police which adds extra trauma on top of everything they’ve already been through.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
So many people knew about Rolf, in the same way so many people knew about Savile. Trouble was, Jimmy was definitely weird and Rolf was a cuddly animal lover. I actually think Rolf was the more evil of the pair.
---
Excuse me!!! He was Australian, not British 🤬
IMG_6610.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Whose song? Rolf?

Gary Glitter? Now I’ve had it confirmed he doesn’t receive royalties for any of his music, it wouldn’t bother me if Leader of the Gang or any other of his hits got to no.1 - in fact it would amuse me to think of him sitting in his cell, fuming 😤
Hes such a ped he got recalled almost immediately for trying to access the dark Web knowing at his old age he could very well die in prison serving the rest of his stretch. How much of a deviant does one person need to be? Yuckkkk.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Something I've found about all this is, that I'm much more suspicious of old men who are an "eccentric character, pillar of the community" type. We may think that JS had a creepy aura and RH had a loveable aura, but what they have in common is a need to be outrageous, to have a defined wacky persona, to be the centre of attention, to be adored, to make everyone laugh. Every town seems to have that local character who is on every committee and wears a tweed suit or a funny hat or whatever.

Both JS and RH also never attempted to be handsome or sexy. It's like they both hid in plain sight by being so unsexy that the stuff they did was laughed off. At the beginning of the RH documentary, there's a segment from an old black and white show where he's dancing around with all these young women in bikinis. It's creepy as hell now, but it looks like it was played for laughs because he was goofy, so no one watching thought of it as properly sexual. Even though he was creepy as tit, Savile kind of had the same thing - he literally said in interviews "I get in bed with the patients at Stoke Mandeville when no one's looking," and the audience all laugh, because he's so weird and un-sexy it's hard to imagine him as having a sexuality. I know that's not how it works, but I do think they both played a goofy persona so they could do sexual things without them being perceived in a sexual way.

Anyway - these days whenever I hear about how someone's uncle was "a character" back in the day, my brain immediately goes "Paedophile."
---
Hes such a ped he got recalled almost immediately for trying to access the dark Web knowing at his old age he could very well die in prison serving the rest of his stretch. How much of a deviant does one person need to be? Yuckkkk.
It's absolutely terrifying that he feels such a strong compulsion to abuse children that he just risks prison even when he's on parole. You can't rehabilitate some people and they need to be locked up indefinitely.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: I wonder how long Glitter was abusing minors for, before he initially got caught? I wonder if he was grooming his fans? He was part of the 70's glam rock scene and lots of young teenagers would have been going to see him in concert.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: I wonder how long Glitter was abusing minors for, before he initially got caught? I wonder if he was grooming his fans? He was part of the 70's glam rock scene and lots of young teenagers would have been going to see him in concert.
At this point I would literally be surprised if any of those 70s male rockers weren't grooming their teenage fans.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
At this point I would literally be surprised if any of those 70s male rockers weren't grooming their teenage fans.
My auntie who is early 60's was a Bay City Roller fan. She managed to meet them on several occasions, after sneaking backstage, in her early teens and they never tried anything on, just gave her autographs, signed singles and kissed her on the cheek and that was it. She says she was quite disappointed at the time, because they were all her pretend boyfriends in her head :D She went off them when she found out one of them smoked ;)

One of them turned out to be a paedophile as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My auntie who is early 60's was a Bay City Roller fan. She managed to meet them on several occasions, after sneaking backstage, in her early teens and they never tried anything on, just gave her autographs, signed singles and kissed her on the cheek and that was it. She says she was quite disappointed at the time, because they were all her pretend boyfriends in her head :D She went off them when she found out one of them smoked ;)

One of them turned out to be a paedophile as well.
Oh. I was really enjoying that until the last line. Glad your aunt didn't get hurt.

Reactions: 6
Oh. I was really enjoying that until the last line. Glad your aunt didn't get hurt.
Derek Longmuir wasn't convicted until a long time after the Bay City Rollers had disbanded and it was for having images of male child abuse, but their manager Tam Paton was jailed for abusing young boys in the 80's. He might have died in prison.

Reactions: 2
ki
Do you think he wanted back in? He’s a sitting duck outside for some vigilante justice. He might pass away in jail but the chances of him being murdered by a mob outside were high.
---
I’ve definitely seen a documentary where he got matey with a 14 year old-ish girl and her parents, they were a bit starstruck of course, he stayed at their house and abused her.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
I hadn't thought of Gary Glitter deliberately getting seen using a smart phone to access the dark web, so he'd be taken back to the safety of prison. I just thought he wasn't very clever, an old paedophile with no self control. I was told he's kept on the hospital wing because of various health issues, and is unlikely to be clobbered by one of the other prisoners there.

The thing is, if he hadn't been recalled to prison, would anyone even have recognised him to beat him up? He's bald and fat and looks like dozens of other elderly men.

My mum went to loads of concerts in her teens - in the 70s. JS was always about. She remembers young girls flinging themselves at him. He was a big celebrity DJ. It’s sickening.

• Sick
  • Sad
I hadn't thought of Gary Glitter deliberately getting seen using a smart phone to access the dark web, so he'd be taken back to the safety of prison. I just thought he wasn't very clever, an old paedophile with no self control. I was told he's kept on the hospital wing because of various health issues, and is unlikely to be clobbered by one of the other prisoners there.

The thing is, if he hadn't been recalled to prison, would anyone even have recognised him to beat him up? He's bald and fat and looks like dozens of other elderly men.
It had got out in the press he was staying in a halfway house/supported living type shared home. The home had been located. Everyone knows how he looks without his wig.
would be a real good feather in the cap for some vigilantes, or fellow hostel types who want revenge on pedalos. Sitting duck.