Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
surely multiple people reported him while he was alive??
He preyed on the very vulnerable- children in Children’s Homes or Psychiatric Hospitals- poor children who were labelled bad, poor wee souls with no voice back then. ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to watch Rolf's Cartoon Club every week as a youngster, just seen clips on You Tube and just makes me sick what this man did, when it was exposed I was far more upset about this than Saville, for example, I didn't think Harris could have done what he did, and what surprised me was when Rosemarie Ford, formerly of the Generation game, testified for him at his trial, that really shocked me. My thoughts are with all of his victims who should never have gone through what they did, an awful man

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I used to watch Rolf's Cartoon Club every week as a youngster, just seen clips on You Tube and just makes me sick what this man did, when it was exposed I was far more upset about this than Saville, for example, I didn't think Harris could have done what he did, and what surprised me was when Rosemarie Ford, formerly of the Generation game, testified for him at his trial, that really shocked me. My thoughts are with all of his victims who should never have gone through what they did, an awful man
I know what you mean. We always visited my nana on a Saturday so we would sit with our tea watching the footie results then Rolf would come on and the rest of the family joked that I should write and ask him for lessons...I can't even draw stick men properly. We laughed at the time but with what we know now, you can't look back on it without feeling sick knowing that like Saville, so many thought he was this great guy when in reality he was a piece of tit laughing at us all.

Reactions: 5
Why did his wife stick with him despite these affairs over the years with much younger women and even underage girls? I know people who've taken cheaters back, but jesus what Rolf got up to would be a step too far for most women to stay.

Was she overly subserviant and docile, or just a POS like her husband?

Reactions: 2
Why did his wife stick with him despite these affairs over the years with much younger women and even underage girls? I know people who've taken cheaters back, but jesus what Rolf got up to would be a step too far for most women to stay.

I had the impression from Rolf's Life Stories interview with Piers Morgan a few years back that she was a bit of a hippy* and (my take) a 'what happens, happens' kind of person.

*Artist, the hair beads etc

I had the impression from Rolf's Life Stories interview with Piers Morgan a few years back that she was a bit of a hippy* and (my take) a 'what happens, happens' kind of person.

*Artist, the hair beads etc
Yeah she certainly seemed eccentric, maybe a bit 'away with the fairies'. Or else I have her completely wrong and she's as sharp and deceitful as Rolf!

Reactions: 3

I think by the time he came to trial, she had been diagnosed with dementia. She seemed far too smiley for the situation they were in. Possibly she didn't fully understand what was happening.

And yes, maybe she should have been protected for her own sake. But who knows.

Was he a seriel cheat??? (I say that as if it's some how better that he wasn't) even before he was charged, there were always rumours he was too touchy feely.

Wonder who'll be the next one up in court. A certain person who's suddenly found all of his lifeboats have been burnt???

Reactions: 3
I think by the time he came to trial, she had been diagnosed with dementia. She seemed far too smiley for the situation they were in. Possibly she didn't fully understand what was happening.

And yes, maybe she should have been protected for her own sake. But who knows.

Was he a seriel cheat??? (I say that as if it's some how better that he wasn't) even before he was charged, there were always rumours he was too touchy feely.

Wonder who'll be the next one up in court. A certain person who's suddenly found all of his lifeboats have been burnt???
He definitely had an affair with an (of age) woman who was their lodger at one point, I saw it mentioned in some of the articles from the time of the court case.

The daughter is a strange one, that email she wrote to her dad about inheritance (again it came out at time of court case) was really odd.

I wonder what would have happened in the 80s, say, if someone did stand up and say “X person is a perv who is attacking women/children”

Imagine Esther is live on IDK the news or Radio One in 1987 and she says it. Savile is a perv, he’s messing with little girls, he’s known for it.

what would happen?
It's a good question. I'm guessing the person would have been subject to smears and a campaign to discredit them. It might have got rumours started among the general public, though. Hard to say how it would've turned out. I suppose it depends on who was making the allegations.

The John Lydon comments are now well-known, but around the 52-second mark is where he mentions Saville. He's being his usual immature self (and not stating anything outright), so I'd guess that it would've been dismissed even if the conversation had aired.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Bill Cosby's wife did the same. Even when he admitted he did drug all those women, she stayed and is still with him now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I think it would be like the ITV investigation into Schofield - we’ve looked at it, there’s no evidence just rumours. And that was last year!

Bill Cosby's wife did the same. Even when he admitted he did drug all those women, she stayed and is still with him now.
Sad to be in that state of denial. Or the even worse alternative - that she knows it's true but doesn't care. India Knight's another one who stuck by an abuser.

He preyed on the very vulnerable- children in Children’s Homes or Psychiatric Hospitals- poor children who were labelled bad, poor wee souls with no voice back then. ☹
I shared this story on the Savile thread, but it's relevant here as well. A close family friend was an educational psychologist who worked a lot in special needs schools* (extremely vulnerable kids, often in residential settings). Anyway, our friend met Savile in Scarborough and was invited to a party at his house. He was trying to donate a large sum of money to the school and knew she had a connection. It's safe to assume he saw her as his means of accessing the school. :( Gives me chills thinking about his motives in retrospect. He seemed to have tentacles everywhere, if that makes sense.

When asked about the party her response was a bit strange (according to my mother - I wasn't there). Strange as in she became very reticent and seemed uncomfortable. I'm not implying that anything amiss happened to her. I'd guess he was acting like a creep generally (see Louis Theroux doc) and that freaked her out.

*OT but she was also one of many psychs who worked with the James Bulger killers. Obviously she shared no information with us because it would've been a massive breach of confidentiality/ethics, but it was very clear she was disturbed by the case decades later.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I shared this story on the Savile thread, but it's relevant here as well. A close family friend was an educational psychologist who worked a lot in special needs schools* (extremely vulnerable kids, often in residential settings). Anyway, our friend met Savile in Scarborough and was invited to a party at his house. He was trying to donate a large sum of money to the school and knew she had a connection. It's safe to assume he saw her as his means of accessing the school. :( Gives me chills thinking about his motives in retrospect. He seemed to have tentacles everywhere, if that makes sense.

When asked about the party her response was a bit strange (according to my mother - I wasn't there). Strange as in she became very reticent and seemed uncomfortable. I'm not implying that anything amiss happened to her. I'd guess he was acting like a creep generally (see Louis Theroux doc) and that freaked her out.

*OT but she was also one of many psychs who worked with the James Bulger killers. Obviously she shared no information with us because it would've been a massive breach of confidentiality/ethics, but it was very clear she was disturbed by the case decades later.
There was a documentary a few years back about the James Bulger murder where cops who were on the case talked about it. I can't remember if it was Venables of Thomson who one of the officers talked about. He said that he had been doing the job for decades and had dealt with many murderers, rapists, etc yet when he looked at whoever it was, he was chilled as he said there was nothing there and it was pure evil staring back at him.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
i remember reading in the press that what happened to little Jamie was not all reported to the general public as it was way too disturbing

Ive just seen Ulrika has stepped forward saying she was groped by Harris not sure i remember her coming forward before but she gets on my pip

she is a attention seeker and always jumps on some band wagon
ddnt she say john leslie raped her without saying his name but basically giving clues
i find her difficult to believe 100% on anything she seems to have made her carer through her relationships etc and not for the right reason

• Sad
Reactions: 4
i remember reading in the press that what happened to little Jamie was not all reported to the general public as it was way too disturbing

Ive just seen Ulrika has stepped forward saying she was groped by Harris not sure i remember her coming forward before but she gets on my pip

she is a attention seeker and always jumps on some band wagon
ddnt she say john leslie raped her without saying his name but basically giving clues
i find her difficult to believe 100% on anything she seems to have made her carer through her relationships etc and not for the right reason
It all leaked out, I heard too many details at the time when I was at school and it was horrific. I’ve seen stuff online more recently, and mention of bits in documentaries, I think most of it is public knowledge now.
I’d definitely have preferred not to hear it at school age.

Ulrika never said anything about John Leslie. It was gossip and speculation after she wrote she was raped, and Matthew Wright said it was John Leslie on live TV. Ulrika has never commented on who it was.

• Sad
i find her difficult to believe 100%
I have witnessed that ‘man’s’ predatory behaviour firsthand. I’d believe her if she confirmed it was him.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have witnessed that ‘man’s’ predatory behaviour firsthand. I’d believe her if she confirmed it was him.
I had heard stuff 2nd hand in the 90s.

Ulrika can’t say it was him, legal position is too tricky.
she could say it wasn’t him, though. And she hasn’t.

• Heart
she
It all leaked out, I heard too many details at the time when I was at school and it was horrific. I’ve seen stuff online more recently, and mention of bits in documentaries, I think most of it is public knowledge now.
I’d definitely have preferred not to hear it at school age.

Ulrika never said anything about John Leslie. It was gossip and speculation after she wrote she was raped, and Matthew Wright said it was John Leslie on live TV. Ulrika has never commented on who it was.
she didnt name no but she didnt need to when others do
just find the women jumping on band wagons to make herself relevant in some way her time was up long ago imo