Rolf Harris

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cyril Smith was originally a Labour MP, tbf.
I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have to scratch around very far to find weirdos in every party, every profession, every street. I’m an abuse survivor and you just would not believe some of the disclosures made in group therapy. It’d make your hair stand on end - from a teacher abusing his own toddler twins to a pillar of the local community who abused three girls in the same street. Evil, evil people, and they don’t even think that what they’re doing is wrong.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I am sorry for his daughter but Rolf’s victims (including a very good friend of his daughter) went through much worse than some doostepping.

Also Rolf’s daughter is lucky to have had two parents who made it to their 90s, many of us (me for example, or my own parents in their day) never will.

Any press attention is Rolf’s fault. I don’t condone harassing his daughter, but press attention cannot be unexpected.
Well I guess that’s why he was dead and buried (? probably cremated) before the press were told

It's obviously Pudsey The Bear from Children In Need.
Fun(?) fact: Pudsey the bear always poses in pictures with children with his hands up in the air, so that the person in the costume can't be accused of touching the children!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Vanessa Feltz now on Talk Radio/TV again with Kevin O'Sullivan talking again about Harris. She is reliving her ordeal with Harris when she was on the Big Breakfast (on the famour bed) in 1996 when he was basically moving his hands further and further up her dress right to the top of her leg :eek: I think Talk TV are showing the clip (I am listening via Sonos) and she quickly called for an ad break. Worse still his wife was right at the side of the bed as well. Again, Kev has mentioned another very famous TV person doing exactly the same and Vanessa also said she thinks she knows of another too. I really hope these abusers are called out and made to pay for their deprived crimes.
At least Harris's victims saw some form of justice before he died, unlike SaVile. If there is another known predator in circulation, these 'in the know' should be taking it to the authorities and insisting something is done. If enough of these who claim to 'know of someone' got together, they could take action instead of leaking bits here and there. Leaking smatterings of 'inside' information means that innocent celebrities/ people in the public eye will have the finger of suspicion unfairly pointed at them and that the perpetrator(s) are still 'active'. Victims can do this anonymously and, hard as it may be, it is better than the risk of perpetrators claiming more victims. If any celebrity knows a victim and witnessed something, they should get behind them and say 'I will support you in taking this forward'.

Reactions: 9
Leaking smatterings of 'inside' information means that innocent celebrities/ people in the public eye will have the finger of suspicion unfairly pointed at them and that the perpetrator(s) are still 'active'.
Well exactly. It's stupid and leads to, at best, random names getting flung around with little or no evidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Grooming and abusing young teenagers is still child abuse, I don’t think it helps to compare abusers of X age group with Y age group.

JS and RH both abused people who were underage, and of adult age, it’s key to remember they were both prolific sexual offenders, which included child abuse.

How bulletproof do you have to feel to do what RH did to Vanessa Feltz on live tv? The utter arrogance, the gall to behave that way in plain sight.
So so glad you posted this. It’s so bizarre to say “yeah he’s a nonce but he’s not “as bad” a nonce”.

Like “yeah Stalin wasn’t a great dictator, but least he wasn’t Hitler”. WTF?

Reactions: 6
I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t have to scratch around very far to find weirdos in every party, every profession, every street. I’m an abuse survivor and you just would not believe some of the disclosures made in group therapy. It’d make your hair stand on end - from a teacher abusing his own toddler twins to a pillar of the local community who abused three girls in the same street. Evil, evil people, and they don’t even think that what they’re doing is wrong.
A friend was a criminal justice social worker before retiring and she always said that most sex offenders that she dealt with were pillars of the community, especially religious ones.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
You only have to look at the Catholic Church in particular to see this being the case - many generations of Irish men and women are messed up thanks to the behaviour of priests and nuns. It's no accident that mental health disorder is comparatively high in Ireland considering what many adults there were subjected to as children.

Reactions: 4
Well exactly. It's stupid and leads to, at best, random names getting flung around with little or no evidence.
All the while, the endless possibilities of further victims! Couldn’t forgive myself if I had that information and did not speak out.

Reactions: 2
Listening to Talk Radio and they have just announced he died 10th May. Kevin O'Sullvan was a guest just now with Ian Collins and he knows quite a lot about the horrific acts Harris did which he was reporting to Ian Collins. He also said that the BBC and ITV etc obviously knew something was amiss and did nothing about it and covered it all up just like the BBC did with Saville. Kevin ended his report with there is still one big name in the same league as Harris & Saville, still on our screens and nothing is being done. Kevin said obviously he could not name for legal reasons!
Given the Jonathan King connection, maybe the ‘national treasure’ is SimonC?

Reactions: 2
To quote Johnny Rotten when Malcolm McClaren died:

You're not meant to speak ill of the dead. But he was a bleep.
Or when Bette Davis was asked what she thought about Joan Crawford dying. Her response was supposedly "You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead? Good"

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Given the Jonathan King connection, maybe the ‘national treasure’ is SimonC?
I have heard some dodgy rumours about Sir Ian McKellen. I think he would be perceived as a 'national treasure'more than Cowell.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Is there a thread for celebrity sex pests, paedos and power abusers?

Reactions: 1