Rochelle Humes #2 Read the room?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rochelle Instagram stories today, talking about the doc last night and then just preening her face! Wtf

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didnā€™t even realise this was on last night until I saw Cosmopolitan just tweet about it.

Reactions: 1

Does she have a point? I don't mind Rochelle in small doses but in the past I have watched plenty of shows I enjoy for the topic even though I don't like the host that much. For example Food Unwrapped is great even though Kate Quilton has a voice that gives me nut ache.

Reactions: 1

Does she have a point? I don't mind Rochelle in small doses but in the past I have watched plenty of shows I enjoy for the topic even though I don't like the host that much. For example Food Unwrapped is great even though Kate Quilton has a voice that gives me nut ache.
"The Black Maternity Scandal was more of an introduction to viewers who had no idea of the scale of the issue. In those respects maybe Rochelle, who even admitted to her Black cousin that she was unaware this problem existed, was the right person for this basic analysis of Black maternal mortality.

However, the documentary only scratched the surface and it would have been valuable to have featured more in-depth work of foundations such as FivexMore and Brathwaiteā€™s Make Motherhood Diverse, those which have long campaigned to raise awareness for Black mothers.

The travesty of The Black Maternity Scandal was that it attempted to cover such a complex subject in just 30 minutes."

Very well put!

But people - specifically Black women - didn't boycott the show because they don't like RH. It's because they were frustrated at the lack of visibility of Black women (this being another example of their erasure).
Given that the documentary is unlikely to have an impact (a parliamentary debate based on 5x more's petition last year was scheduled before the doc aired), I don't think that boycotting it would weaken the case for a serious investigation into the issue.

Reactions: 9
3C494B29-63C8-4994-B1F6-A76DF87CF941.jpeg
Could she look any less interested in taking part in this live talking about her Channel 4 black maternity documentary?? Sheā€™s so infuriating! You can tell sheā€™s bored and has no real interest or passion for the topic šŸ˜”šŸ¤„

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
She isnā€™t interested because itā€™s ā€œextraā€ stuff that she isnā€™t getting paid for it.

She isnā€™t interested because she isnā€™t black. It wonā€™t ever impact her.

She flouted lockdown. She is a privileged light skinned woman who has made money by luck.

Her band days have set her up as a presenter when they need a ā€œblackā€ face.

Reactions: 17
What a bleeping witch.

Can I be very honest, I am also a mixed race woman. Same mix as Rochelle, black and white. But I feel like we should not include mixed race people in certain topics, we should not be combined in black topics/matters. Combining mixed and black people together causing nothing but problems, America is an example of that. Mixed race people do not face the same issues as black people. We share black genetics, we can pass for black, we can be treated like the same by racists. Overall, we aren't the same.

There should be support from mixed people for black people. But black topics aren't ours.

This is why I think we need more black people, full black women in these positions. Relying on us mixed race men and women, given the fact that most of us end up with non-black partners most of the time (I've noticed this). Mixed people tend to give less thought on the matters. And this is why I get annoyed when I see a mixed person in a black place in movies, tv shows ect. More representation could do wonders for the black community, not mixed people. Obama was a very good example. He's done nothing to even benefit the black American community.

View attachment 508392Could she look any less interested in taking part in this live talking about her Channel 4 black maternity documentary?? Sheā€™s so infuriating! You can tell sheā€™s bored and has no real interest or passion for the topic šŸ˜”šŸ¤„
I think she looks more drunk than anything else.

Also -

Can she please NOT post her daughters in the bloody bath! I know Rochelle was in there with them. But please, do not post your children nude. You never know what creeps follow Rochelle. She should have never posted them anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Can I be very honest, I am also a mixed race woman. Same mix as Rochelle, black and white. But I feel like we should not include mixed race people in certain topics, we should not be combined in black topics/matters. Combining mixed and black people together causing nothing but problems, America is an example of that. Mixed race people do not face the same issues as black people. We share black genetics, we can pass for black, we can be treated like the same by racists. Overall, we aren't the same.

There should be support from mixed people for black people. But black topics aren't ours.

This is why I think we need more black people, full black women in these positions. Relying on us mixed race men and women, given the fact that most of us end up with non-black partners most of the time (I've noticed this). Mixed people tend to give less thought on the matters. And this is why I get annoyed when I see a mixed person in a black place in movies, tv shows ect. More representation could do wonders for the black community, not mixed people. Obama was a very good example. He's done nothing to even benefit the black American community.

I think she looks more drunk than anything else.

Also -

Can she please NOT post her daughters in the bloody bath! I know Rochelle was in there with them. But please, do not post your children nude. You never know what creeps follow Rochelle. She should have never posted them anyway.
You are 100% spot on with all of this!
And how has she gone from not even showing her kids faces to having them naked in the bath on Instagram?? So sad those kids have no privacy at all šŸ˜•

Reactions: 12
Why do ā€œinfluencersā€ do this?

Go from not showing their kids to full faces?

Are they that addicted to free stuff (in her case - she can afford to BUY the stuff).

These people are addicts. This should be a serious medical condition.

Reactions: 3
View attachment 508392Could she look any less interested in taking part in this live talking about her Channel 4 black maternity documentary?? Sheā€™s so infuriating! You can tell sheā€™s bored and has no real interest or passion for the topic šŸ˜”šŸ¤„
Giving everyone the two fingers... literally. šŸ˜‚ I've noticed Rochelle can't keep her hands off her face and lips whenever she's in instagram stories. It's very weird and distracting to watch!

Her kids have no choice - I wonder if they will resent her later on when they get bullied at school for their mum exposing them?

Reactions: 2
Giving everyone the two fingers... literally. šŸ˜‚ I've noticed Rochelle can't keep her hands off her face and lips whenever she's in instagram stories. It's very weird and distracting to watch!
Especially for someone whoā€™s supposed to be comfortable and confident in front of the camera being a presenter and all

Did anyone watch the live last night? Apparently she knew the stats were higher for black women to suffer a maternal death, whilst she was pregnant herself.

For something so serious, why has she never spoken about this and raised awareness? Why wait until sheā€™s approached?? Just doesnā€™t make sense to be honest.

I take it she was paid for the documentary? Money speaks volumes.

Reactions: 10
Her kids have no choice - I wonder if they will resent her later on when they get bullied at school for their mum exposing them?
Well apparently she said she decided to show them as her girls were asking why they werenā€™t on her Instagram but their cousins were šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Itā€™s not an excuse but she does come across very thick.

Is this an act?

It cannot be luck that she gets all these paid gigs.

The thing I dislike about her is her lack of morals - why couldnā€™t she say no to that documentary? Why couldnā€™t she say - Iā€™m or the right person for this, instead of grabbing the money.

Iā€™m not an expert in everything - I wouldnā€™t take a job offer for something I cannot do.

Is she thick or putting on her thick act to be relatable to her thick followers?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.