Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t quite make her out. She’s like Jack was at first, with the little bits that don’t quite seem to add up.

On the package specifically, Jack didn’t help misrepresenting what RM had said but it also seemed like something wasn’t quite right about what RM had been told either - whether she actually was told what she claimed and it was a mistake there or if it was more deliberate I couldn’t work out.

Some of it might be justifiable if she really does need to be anonymous (like the different names, presumably just different pseudonyms), but the grift does seem to be real alongside that and the way she frequently talks about children hers encounter make me think she’s the type of parent who always thinks everything else is the other child’s fault and believes every word her darlings say.
Very similar to Jack in a lot of ways, jumping on the poverty bandwagon and I wonder what the aim is other than to moan constantly.

It’s such a negative vibe and I get the feeling that she is not being completely honest about some aspects of her life. Calling a child who is possibly being abused (or at the very least vulnerable) a pervert is horrible.

One of my children was quite badly attacked when he was six so I do know how protective she feels but I didn’t slate the child publicly or to the school. It was pretty obvious there was something serious going on and between me and the school he got referred to social services.

That isn’t me being saintly as my instinct was to do something not so grown up but my son was from a safe home and it was obvious he was not.

Reactions: 9
As usual with these folk, it’s the contradictions that raise the eyebrows and suspicions.

The fundraiser was in early March - google Roadside Mum GoFundMe if you can be arsed - in the blurb, she is applying for PIP but can’t wait for it to be sorted and needs the wheelchair immediately. Fast forward to beginning of June and she is having sailing lessons paid for by revenue from ThePicture(TM). Fair play, not begrudging her a penny. But then, she is applying for PIP at end of June. And too skint to pay her driving fine last week.

I think she must have put off applying for certain benefits because she was earning from interviews, articles, and the picture. But that clashes with the fundraiser to buy her the wheelchair. The “self employed” change in Universal Credit awards also caused some consternation - which also lends itself well to her earning something freelance. Again - good on her. If she wasn’t constantly so skint she has to get strangers to cover her driving fines, I would be applauding her from the rooftops.

All in all, It’s a bit murky and, much like Jack - I don’t give a single tit how she pays her way, and am glad she can get benefits for her and the kids if she needs them.....until she gets well meaning, kind hearted souls donating their money for her needs - and they may well, like Jacks fans, be vulnerable and financially challenged themselves.

Finally - to her credit, she has flagged a lot of things I agree with, unlike Tattles favourite budget tin can chef. She tweeted a fair bit about the cuts in Pupil Premium - which truly is a unreported travesty, has re-tweeted support for Marcus and other poverty prevention schemes. So, it isn’t all bad - the good stuff does get buried amongst the dramas and whinges though, sadly.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
the beginning? the beginning of what? the fall of society? the rapture? I mean, we've been here before with KFC

Screenshot_20210812-195103_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 9
Realistically though how much would she really get in fees for *that* photo? It’s not like it’s a picture of Harry and Meghan’s new baby?

genuine question as I have no idea how much you would get for these things

• Haha
Reactions: 16
also, I have to say how much I hate that she dubs one of her children "Roadside Naughtiest"

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Realistically though how much would she really get in fees for *that* photo? It’s not like it’s a picture of Harry and Meghan’s new baby?

genuine question as I have no idea how much you would get for these things
In all honesty, I don’t know. I agree it can’t be a fortune, but if you are on Universal Credit and someone gives you 50-100 quid, I suppose it’s an absolute lifesaver. She did write some stuff too - and maybe, a la Jack, was charging for interviews and the like?

I remember reading once that before Stephen King sold Carrie and started seeing some real money, he was working two jobs and the family was completely on their arses. His son needed antibiotics for an ear infection or something, and the day he was stressing about paying for them, a cheque turned up for a short story in a magazine. So, based on that, I would imagine her being both grateful and glad for every use of the photo, if it can make some money.

She also shared a request for writing work as was skint. And, amongst this “being skint” stuff, there are things like hotels for day trips (again, good on her for doing this - and using her own money - not peoples winter fuel allowance!) so I am thinking there is a little bit of a problem budgeting and saving - again, like Jack. You can’t combine two family day trips (one to Hampton Court Palace) with a hotel stay and then plead poverty about a £30 fine unless you have some budgeting issues, in my opinion.

Also - she did share about the fine that got escalated, which I now share here. Apparently she did have money for the fine but didn’t pay it.

Btw - I am guessing she will read this/turn up eventually. All Billy Big Bollocks like the regular aggression she displays on Twitter. I would say, dear, that if you don’t put all this tit on Twitter, whilst getting sympathy cash for driving fines off people, then we wouldn’t be here scratching our bonces over you. You would just be another ShitBot cadger we wouldn't care too hoots about.

Oh - and because they are lost in the Jack thread, the two posts that got me here, for any curious non-Jack readers.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
In all honesty, I don’t know. I agree it can’t be a fortune, but if you are on Universal Credit and someone gives you 50-100 quid, I suppose it’s an absolute lifesaver. She did write some stuff too - and maybe, a la Jack, was charging for interviews and the like?

I remember reading once that before Stephen King sold Carrie and started seeing some real money, he was working two jobs and the family was completely on their arses. His son needed antibiotics for an ear infection or something, and the day he was stressing about paying for them, a cheque turned up for a short story in a magazine. So, based on that, I would imagine her being both grateful and glad for every use of the photo, if it can make some money.

She also shared a request for writing work as was skint. And, amongst this “being skint” stuff, there are things like hotels for day trips (again, good on her for doing this - and using her own money - not peoples winter fuel allowance!) so I am thinking there is a little bit of a problem budgeting and saving - again, like Jack. You can’t combine two family day trips (one to Hampton Court Palace) with a hotel stay and then plead poverty about a £30 fine unless you have some budgeting issues, in my opinion.

Also - she did share about the fine that got escalated, which I now share here. Apparently she did have money for the fine but didn’t pay it.

Btw - I am guessing she will read this/turn up eventually. All Billy Big Bollocks like the regular aggression she displays on Twitter. I would say, dear, that if you don’t put all this tit on Twitter, whilst getting sympathy cash for driving fines off people, then we wouldn’t be here scratching our bonces over you. You would just be another ShitBot cadger we wouldn't care too hoots about.

Oh - and because they are lost in the Jack thread, the two posts that got me here, for any curious non-Jack readers.
So she managed to post at the time of receiving the fine, however in the more recent posts it was said because of ME she was unable to. She is another one who does damage to people with illnesses by not keeping a realistic narrative. You can log onto Twitter and post and select amusing gifs but you can’t log into the parking website and enter in your card details (which you say you can pay???)

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
She knew she had to pay, she just couldn’t seem to accept that she should have to pay. She drove in a bus Lane? I need elaboration here, why was it unsafe? Because the council changed the layout? Confused.

Reactions: 12
She knew she had to pay, she just couldn’t seem to accept that she should have to pay. She drove in a bus Lane? I need elaboration here, why was it unsafe? Because the council changed the layout? Confused.
Maybe the kray twins were about!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Indeed - this sort of tit, combined with the “Applying for PIP” (see wheelchair GoFundMe) in March but then applying for it in June...tweeting she had the money for it, then not paying the fine anyway, is why I have a huge amount of distrust now. And - a year ago, I would have chipped in for that Wheelchair Go Fund Me.

So she managed to post at the time of receiving the fine, however in the more recent posts it was said because of ME she was unable to. She is another one who does damage to people with illnesses by not keeping a realistic narrative. You can log onto Twitter and post and select amusing gifs but you can’t log into the parking website and enter in your card details (which you say you can pay???)
Exactly - like Jack with her ADHD puppy brain bollocks and Autism superpowers, (and now, co-opting addiction recovery) it just denigrates real sufferers of chronic illness or long term disabilities.

Also - full confession....this pisses me off irrationally because a couple of years ago, after double and triple checking I was ok to drive through London in my zero tax low emission car, AND getting my daughter to double check on her phone next to me in the car, it turned out that the ULEZ area had changed weeks before to not include my vehicle. Queue a bleeping fine two weeks later that I had no wriggle room to get out of. I didn’t even want to drive to London (usually avoid like the bubonic plague) but said daughter was moving back home after Uni and had a crazy amount of belongings to collect and return with her.

I paid and sucked it up. Like a good little minion. And it was more than 30 bleeping quid.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Admittedly I don't know very much about ME but I'm not sure how it would render you unable to pay a fine that you later say you shouldn't have to pay anyway. I'm also fairly sure that when the council change the road layout they don't whip out the road from under cars like that tablecloth trick. Or maybe it was some sort of Indiana Jones-style trap and the road just fell away into a giant chasm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Some of our local secondaries don’t take kids until year 9. At a push I could maaybe see a 12/13 year old saying that? but my kids don’t usually start talking frankly and thoughtfully about sex (and around adults) until they’re a lot older.

(My kids = youth worker, not an endless stream of children I’ve produced myself!)

Reactions: 12
I know she isn't and I do say it a lot but are we sure she isn’t Jack? 😁 She will be whipping out the life affirmation cards next.

I know it gets shredded but DHOTY awards definitely have their place with this bunch of tossers.

My recent hour or two of diving into the back catalogue of RSM (to find the discrepancies I remembered reading and screenshot them for here) throws up many gems of precocious, highly unbelievable nonsense from her kids so this isn’t a new phenomenon. The faff of going back and selecting and sharing here just isn’t worth it though. She/they just aren’t that interesting, what is (and what makes it worthwhile to keep an eye on the whole wretched bunch of them) is the scamming. Her, Jack, Hattie - they are my Bermuda Triangle of targeting the vulnerable and that’s what boils my piss.

• Heart
RSM is Jack truthing is my favourite bit of nonsense ever. I would love it to be true 😂😂

Seriously though, I remember going to church a lot as a child and Sunday school and there is no way there would have been enough of a discussion around prostitution in a Sunday school class.

• Haha
RSM is Jack truthing is my favourite bit of nonsense ever. I would love it to be true 😂😂

Seriously though, I remember going to church a lot as a child and Sunday school and there is no way there would have been enough of a discussion around prostitution in a Sunday school class.
Of course there wouldn’t be. Catholic school TIL 14 here - church on Sundays to boot. First time I watched Dirty Dancing at age 13, I don’t even know what “knocked up” meant and was mystified by the whole medical situation. I laugh at my naivety now, but I also think I was fairly typical of my peers.

Yes - times have changed - there is 30 years between me then and RSM kids now. But church and religious teachings haven’t modernised to include monetising sex, that is for sure.

Reactions: 13

I remember discussions at Sunday school about Mary Magdalene. The tweedy matron Sunday school teachers would never say ‘prostitute’ rather ‘a woman of ill repute’ or a ‘loose woman’. Those were simpler times though and us kids were just scunnered about her washing JC’s feet. As a six year old, I probably thought ‘loose women’ were the local foot washers!

Reactions: 18
Oh gee thank you children of RSM! tit! We in Plymouth would not be in mourning right now if he’d just gone to a damn prostitute. I mean, it’s a Navy town, there are plenty around! That would’ve have made him feel even more of what he was feeling at all, would it? Having to PAY for what he felt he deserved for free.

What an utterly problematic and stupidly insensitive thing to stick on Twitter following the loss of 5 innocent lives. The absolute terror of the emergency services who arrived on the scene of an active shooter. The residents nearby who are in shock and horror. The children who are scarred for life and will never be able to hear fireworks again without a little bit of fear running through them (I speak from experience there.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
I know she isn't and I do say it a lot but are we sure she isn’t Jack? 😁 She will be whipping out the life affirmation cards next.

I know it gets shredded but DHOTY awards definitely have their place with this bunch of tossers.

My recent hour or two of diving into the back catalogue of RSM (to find the discrepancies I remembered reading and screenshot them for here) throws up many gems of precocious, highly unbelievable nonsense from her kids so this isn’t a new phenomenon. The faff of going back and selecting and sharing here just isn’t worth it though. She/they just aren’t that interesting, what is (and what makes it worthwhile to keep an eye on the whole wretched bunch of them) is the scamming. Her, Jack, Hattie - they are my Bermuda Triangle of targeting the vulnerable and that’s what boils my piss.
Did your grunk cover the dog's breakfast RM made of describing a black man as urban?

This rankled me a lot- she bills herself as being on the side of the vulnerable and minorities but is happy to engage in name calling and slurs. Imagine what would ensue if someone described her family using a word that would constitute a slur against the traveller community. She'd lose her tit all over the place. And yet she doubled down for days defending her right to call someone 'urban looking' - I think it was. She lost followers for this fiasco, and blocked anyone attempting to tell her why it was not an acceptable term. Hypocrite.

It's why I don't believe she happily listened to a teacher describe her children as operating like the Krays and then repeat it on Twitter to show how they look out for one another. Instead, she'd go ballistic and use it as an example of the discrimination her community face. I seriously doubt a teacher would have the balls/be stupid enough to compare their young pupils to a horrible professional crime outfit.

RM may have candidly described prostitution to her children but I think she missed an opportunity to teach them that sex work is a horrible life of violence and likely substance addiction. Otherwise her child wouldn't have thought it was a viable option.

All in all, her lack of consistency and hypocritical standards how RM is in it for RM, not any other vulnerable people.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.