Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn’t seem to be any longer, she used her for her cause and is now unbothered. Also I’d imagine she can see straight through her but saw her as a means to a grift.

Boring thread story, written in that annoying twitterati style, starting off proudly claiming her kids are like the krays. Nice.
So insults can't be repeated, but physical assault on a child can be reported in almost lascivious detail.
Nice.
And the 'oh god' at the beginning pretending to be mortified *

*obvious disclaimer in place as the whole thing sounds so bleeping unlikely.

Reactions: 21
I think this Billy Big Bollocks, “I’m dead hard, me” shite is why I have so much distaste for her too. It’s sad to see her tale spinning seems to imply she is passing on this trait to her little ones.

It’s what really flagged her as a thing to me earlier in the summer when she was spouting about going down to the school gates to take on a Nazi family of bullies. Her, in her wheelchair, barely able to get out of bed to cook a tea for her kids because ME, innit, can all of a sudden go and be physical with a great tattooed twit - and, of course, outside a school, no doubt in front of kids. It’s ok though, because it undoubtedly didn’t, and was never going to happen.

Anyways - apart from praising her kids for being violent and confrontational at a childcare setting, and towards, in her own opinion, a kid who is vulnerable, not having a nice life, and is now being flagged for safeguarding reasons, she has also had a go at one of two negative responses to her grand “I can write a book” idea - a la Monroe. And, poor-fished again about her mismatched bedding because poor people can have nice stuff too.

Are we 100% sure she isn’t Fack? I mean, it’s uncanny!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 19
It’s “I’m not getting all I should be” for me… why don’t you ring up CA, or entitled.to and tweet about that, as it would be helpful, instead of muttering darkly?

Am I right in thinking she was kind of cosplaying/hedging around the fact that she was a traveller but she actually isn’t? I remember she was hinting a lot around discrimination about it but she’s actually not part of the community.

Reactions: 17
It’s “I’m not getting all I should be” for me… why don’t you ring up CA, or entitled.to and tweet about that, as it would be helpful, instead of muttering darkly?

Am I right in thinking she was kind of cosplaying/hedging around the fact that she was a traveller but she actually isn’t? I remember she was hinting a lot around discrimination about it but she’s actually not part of the community.
Honestly - who knows with these people?

She has stated she needs to stay anonymous because of past abuse and stalking so she could say literally anything and it could never be flagged as untrue.

She has mentioned wanting to live back in a caravan but can’t because Priti Patel has made it illegal. She has also mentioned hating living in her expensive but disgustingly run down house - but has to because she now has severe ill health.

I couldn’t agree more about claiming what she is entitled to but I think she may have shot herself in the foot (a la Monroe) by writing articles and selling the use of ThatPhoto(TM) and, if she has had to declare some sort of freelance or self employed income, has probably thrown spanner’s into works regarding benefit entitlement. If she HASN’T declared income for her time spent on the Free School Meals campaign, then she probably has had undeclared income on top of her benefits. As well as PayPal/GoFundMe for a wheelchair and the like.

TL-DR Her money situation is as opaque as her identity but it certainly won’t stop her sharing how she has to find free stuff for the kids to do because that’s all they can afford, second hand everything because they are poor, and generally using being broke at every opportunity she can.

ETA - an emoji just popping up mid-word!

Reactions: 11
Do you think when she says ‘I’m thinking about writing a book’ she means ‘I want someone to offer me a book deal’

Reactions: 19
I was suspicious of her from day one, she was revelling in the attention and twerps like James O’Brien were fawning over her.
Fancy describing violence towards a vulnerable child? Nasty and proud of it.

Reactions: 16
Do you think when she says ‘I’m thinking about writing a book’ she means ‘I want someone to offer me a book deal’
That would be brilliant! It’s what gave Jack a real kick in the pants, when she had her benefits stopped because of her first advance. This, plus the prospect of a weighty tome on Modern Benefits Britain, would be very interesting. Plus, it would be in direct competition with Fack. Maybe they could co-write and share the profits! 😂

Reactions: 6
Yes and anyone who implies that is jealous apparently 🙄

I loved that she ignored all the sensible responses to her ^alleged^ all day search for cheap bed linen. Fools, she wanted the white company to send her a little DM, not genuine suggestions.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
If a teacher compared my two boys to the Krays ( even if only a little bit ) I’d be talking to the school about the inappropriateness of the commentary and what behaviours led to the comparison

Which is exactly what I suspect RSM would also do if it had happened. I suspect it is just Billy Bullshiting on Twitter rather than reality

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I had a flick through the Marmite Mama who RM retweeted and she seems like another horrible, grifting drama queen with numerous health stuff going on.

My BS detector has also been going off with RM.

The violent attack by her Kray Twin Kid.
Did the wheelchair ever exist, I would have expected her to show photos of it.
Where is Roadside Dad in all of this? I know she said they live apart but from other things she has written it would seem like they are a couple of sorts.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Out of interest, does anyone know of *why* she no longer lives in the van? I've seen quite a few of her Tweets saying how much she misses it, but I'm unsure as to how or why she went from van to a house?

Reactions: 6
Out of interest, does anyone know of *why* she no longer lives in the van? I've seen quite a few of her Tweets saying how much she misses it, but I'm unsure as to how or why she went from van to a house?
I think it’s all kept very deliberately vague.

so she has told different news outlets that her real name is different? It all feels so shady.

I saw a go fund me too for about £3.5k for her to get a new wheelchair.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
If she thinks she's not getting all the benefits she's entitled to, why doesn't she claim them? It's really simple, not the claim form, they're never simple but the idea is. If she isn't getting them because she's been refused them, then she isn't entitled to them. Also, I really hate the two child benefit limit, it is wrong, imo, but I also don't like the narrative that you can't have more children because you won't get extra money for them. If you want more children, have them but if you can't afford them, don't have anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She said she had to move into a house because of Covid and that makes sense. Almost all sites and facilities would have been closed at that point.

Reactions: 4
She said she had to move into a house because of Covid and that makes sense. Almost all sites and facilities would have been closed at that point.
Surely she'd have been moved into temporary homeless accommodation. There is a widely publicised issue with housing and a massive homelessness crisis, especially at the start of the pandemic. It's most likely that her family would have initially been placed in B&B type accommodation and then placed in temporary housing and would most likely still be in temporary housing. I have some awareness of this as I used to assist homelessness staff with benefit queries, I don't recall any of the families I helped being placed straight into a permanent home

Reactions: 8
If she thinks she's not getting all the benefits she's entitled to, why doesn't she claim them? It's really simple, not the claim form, they're never simple but the idea is. If she isn't getting them because she's been refused them, then she isn't entitled to them. Also, I really hate the two child benefit limit, it is wrong, imo, but I also don't like the narrative that you can't have more children because you won't get extra money for them. If you want more children, have them but if you can't afford them, don't have anymore.
That thread was bizarre…. Calling it forced abortion then quoting bible verses at someone who suggested using contraception.

• Wow
I followed her on Twitter for a while before Covid - they moved out of the van so they'd have a real address for online shopping etc during quarantine. For all her talk about poverty, she secured a private rental and was moved in within about a week. I started finding her a bit sus and eventually unfollowed after a solid few weeks of her moaning about having to live in a house.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I can’t quite make her out. She’s like Jack was at first, with the little bits that don’t quite seem to add up.

On the package specifically, Jack didn’t help misrepresenting what RM had said but it also seemed like something wasn’t quite right about what RM had been told either - whether she actually was told what she claimed and it was a mistake there or if it was more deliberate I couldn’t work out.

Some of it might be justifiable if she really does need to be anonymous (like the different names, presumably just different pseudonyms), but the grift does seem to be real alongside that and the way she frequently talks about children hers encounter make me think she’s the type of parent who always thinks everything else is the other child’s fault and believes every word her darlings say.

Last edited:
Her house is a private rental, not council, so she probably found it herself.
Most homeless families are placed in private rental, there just aren't enough available council properties. If she found it herself, she must have some money to fall back on to pay the deposit and the first month's rent

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.