Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one is out there. It was quite a ride watching this one unfold at the time, iirc
It’s not a fair system, the cost of further in education, especially when in Scotland it’s almost always free (I think, for Scottish students anyway). But this is the thing. You can survive and make a decent living without going to University. If it was going to cost me £100,000 and I would have to only take low paid work to try and not trigger having to pay it back - or pay it back over multiple years - I wouldn’t do it.

I understand that’s what people want to do, but life is full of disappointments. How many degree-qualified people are not even working in their chosen field because it doesn’t have the gravitas it once did. I love my job and I have Standard Grades and Highers. I have a Civil Service job that is so niche I couldn’t do it in the private sector but I get a decent pay, flexi time, great annual leave, I‘ve got a pension…

I’m not sure why I’m tying myself in a knot tbh especially when we don’t know if there are even kids 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh dear. This is awful. Basically wishing she could smack her child. And that she's given up on him. She should not write about her children online.
It is not the only time she has written horrible things about her children, and it can't be good for anyone involved. It's not keeping it real, it's destructive.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Sorry but this woman is a grade A prick. What a nasty, disrespectful bleeping idiot. I stand by my view that things do not add up with regards to her heritage, I have a very hard time believing that is a genuine Travelling woman, and if she is, she should shut up as she's showing the rest of us right up! Woman's an embarrassment 😡
I think she was probably a new age traveler for a short period of time, or maybe she liked extended holidays in an old camper van, who knows. I don't think she has traveler heritage though, the language etc just doesn't seem too fit

Reactions: 12
20 hours ago, RM offered/stated/was at peace. 2 hours ago a brave person replied. I feel like we're going live in 3...2...1...

How will this end? Will the person be required by RM to delete their account?
Oh Squiggle 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It is not the only time she has written horrible things about her children, and it can't be good for anyone involved. It's not keeping it real, it's destructive.
Yes she is horrible about them. She blames everything else for the eldest's behaviour - poverty, hunger, lockdown, living in rented accommodation, school - without pausing to think for one second that maybe her crappy parenting might be a factor :unsure:
Ironic she sees herself as the saviour of children with *that* photo©, yet doesn't appear to like her own much at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The one in which a door impacted the entire relationship between them all, and some kind folk thought it was probably a landlord's fault
Oh my, she is the worst! Jack has never boiled my piss in the way RM does!!

Everything is so dramatic! Who does that? So a child broke a bit of glass in a door and she’s tweeting to 20,000 people that she’s thinking of walking away and giving up on him?! I broke our kitchen window once pretending I was Steffi Graf during Wimbledon fortnight. I felt awful! I was such a goodie two shoes (still am, natch 😇) but my mum phoned the Council and they fixed it. Maybe the boy is consistently playing up but if everything wasn’t like something out of a bad drama, I’d maybe be a bit more understanding.

Reactions: 23
She is playing the “why don’t you...yes,but” game all by herself! She’s giving the yes, but response before anyone can even suggest.
Let’s just announce that she is the most hard done to person in the whole world ever.

Reactions: 12
Let’s just announce that she is the most hard done to person in the whole world ever.
It is so strange isn't it? There are some people, RSM and Jack included, who seem to love pity and sympathy (I get that for them this seems to be quite lucrative), but to publicly parade your misery is such a wierd side of SM.

How does she exist in the world? She needs to either fix the glass or accept it will be taken from deposit. Glass isn’t expensive and I expect Saint RSD can do it.

(PS she is always really nice about how amazing RSD is, I wonderwhat the story is there…)

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The wretched attention seeker is sulking because she wants Owen Jones to talk to HER about being poor and he hasn’t been in touch. 😂

Perhaps he has seen some of the wretched things shared here and decided not with the biggest barge pole does he want to go near. Don’t blame him either.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Stop! I will search right now, using:

"toilet paper (from:roadsidemum)"

And I bet something will turn up...

Okay, important to be fair and reasonable, there's not much on the toilet paper search. Some amusing real person / real family stuff aboutkids using too much (does any kid not?!) and a genuine sounding one about upset that contract work finished = no toilet roll. Just this one as a snip, tapping into gardening twitter
No need to buy expensive specially made bog roll for your camping toilet, just buy the cheapest smartprice stuff, it's the same. You just need thin stuff that will break down quickly in your holding tank, 3 ply nice stuff takes ages.

Thank you, you can join my patreon for more top tips like this every month

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The wretched attention seeker is sulking because she wants Owen Jones to talk to HER about being poor and he hasn’t been in touch. 😂

Perhaps he has seen some of the wretched things shared here and decided not with the biggest barge pole does he want to go near. Don’t blame him either.
For posterity - and because it’s funny!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
She’s like a “nice guy” on internet dating “oh I don’t suppose you would reply to a message from little old me” two hours later “you’re a fuck8ng hole I only messaged you for a joke to prove you would ignore me I’m too good for you”

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just a thought, am I a traveller with a small t? Just wondered as we have the right name for it, and oh often gets mistaken for one by other Travellers and Gypsies at work due to his colouring which is dark and swarthy. Plus we used to own a Tabbert caravan which are much loved by the Traveling community (they are brilliant btw, very sad when it went), and we must have spent a couple of years away in various caravans over the years, and we are contemplating converting a van into a camper.

I am not taking the piss out of Gypsy, Romany or Travellers (much love to all of you on here), but just trying to work out what makes you a small t traveler that she says she is.

I find her bizarre, and very odd, it all seems very narcissistic behaviour.i feel very sorry for her kids and family

Just a thought, am I a traveller with a small t? Just wondered as we have the right name for it, and oh often gets mistaken for one by other Travellers and Gypsies at work due to his colouring which is dark and swarthy. Plus we used to own a Tabbert caravan which are much loved by the Traveling community (they are brilliant btw, very sad when it went), and we must have spent a couple of years away in various caravans over the years, and we are contemplating converting a van into a camper.

I am not taking the piss out of Gypsy, Romany or Travellers (much love to all of you on here), but just trying to work out what makes you a small t traveler that she says she is.

I find her bizarre, and very odd, it all seems very narcissistic behaviour.i feel very sorry for her kids and family
What would make you a 'small t' Traveller is if you are just someone that travels in mobile accommodation of some kind, and that's where the similarity with GRT people ends. So in other words, her ethnicity has nowt to do with Travellers big T.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I still think she is as much a “Traveller” as me. It’s another discrimination she can claim though, along with disability and being a povvo. If I was a betting person, I would have money on one of her baby daddy’s being one, at best.

I would LOVE a travelling van but they really are not cheap - and they are also very different to caravans and mobile homes that seem to be favoured by the Travellers I am familiar with. The vans they have are usually used for work. Watching conversion videos of vans and old buses and ambulances is one of my favourite Instagram things! They always look like some serious money and skills has gone into them.

How does she exist in the world? She needs to either fix the glass or accept it will be taken from deposit. Glass isn’t expensive and I expect Saint RSD can do it.

(PS she is always really nice about how amazing RSD is, I wonderwhat the story is there…)
Another reason for anonymity is definitely because there are some double claims going off. He is ‘vulnerable’ and she is undoubtedly claiming as single (plus the full LHA allowance that will be coming from benefits which is another grand a month). I wouldn’t want my details bandied about the web if I was spinning as many plates as our canny gobshite.

Anyways - our “scroungers apprentice” is edging in. You would think the sex-positive feminists” they proclaim to be would balk at using such misogynistic terminology but I suppose when you want to be “shocking” it’s the go-to word.

Attachments

Reactions: 8

Something about her story is definitely missing context.

This is the thing about identity politics, there’s always nuance and context to any marginalised identity. I’m barred from Pontins cos of that anti traveller name list, but how sincere would it be for me a) to do a Twitter thread fewmin I can’t go b) approach Owen Jones to represent the travelling community on this issue? Realistically that rule would never even be applied to me if I were to book in with them because of my various privileges! The same applies here, we all have SOME degree of privilege, but RSM and Jack are desperate to argue their way out of any possible!

Also semi related but reading those articles on the biological war crimes of pontins is my fav thing, Facebook always targets me with them now and the comments sections are absolutely WILD as obviously the mirror etc can’t post unfiltered views like that without getting sued. Sounds like covid was artificially generated in one of their bathrooms, happily barred tbh 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Something about her story is definitely missing context.

This is the thing about identity politics, there’s always nuance and context to any marginalised identity. I’m barred from Pontins cos of that anti traveller name list, but how sincere would it be for me a) to do a Twitter thread fewmin I can’t go b) approach Owen Jones to represent the travelling community on this issue? Realistically that rule would never even be applied to me if I were to book in with them because of my various privileges! The same applies here, we all have SOME degree of privilege, but RSM and Jack are desperate to argue their way out of any possible!

Also semi related but reading those articles on the biological war crimes of pontins is my fav thing, Facebook always targets me with them now and the comments sections are absolutely WILD as obviously the mirror etc can’t post unfiltered views like that without getting sued. Sounds like covid was artificially generated in one of their bathrooms, happily barred tbh 😳
Conversely, as I'm married and have taken Mr NT's very ordinary, non-Romany sounding name, I would be fine to book at Pontins, should I fancy a good bout of norovirus at any time.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t know if I want the answer to this, but what’s the pronouns deal with the kids then? (I’m guessing it is performative rather than putting her children’s needs before Twitter entertainment…?)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.