Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate to come across as insensitive but I, too, have doubts about her authenticity as both a genuine long time poor, and a Traveller. I feel awful even saying it. I suspect her connection to the Traveller community at best, may be more through relationships rather than blood.

Apologies if that comes across a bit offensive - I know we shouldn’t make assumptions, but, like mentioned her now, in the open, there is a lot about her tweet style and her attitudes that do not say traveller community. Very much like Jack, I get the impression that she may have had more opportunity in the past but has declined to take advantage. Her vocabulary is certainly beyond her intelligence, much like our Jackie.

Also - apparently she has mixed feelings about a man marrying a sex doll and objectifying an ashtray but is well up for selling her dirty socks for twenty quid and having a foot wank. Sorry if you are having your breakfast coffee.
Honestly, the fact alone that she spends all day ranting away to strangers on the internet stands out as unusual. Again I say that with the disclaimer that I know we aren't all the same, but it does make me raise an eyebrow.

Reactions: 15
I hate to come across as insensitive but I, too, have doubts about her authenticity as both a genuine long time poor, and a Traveller. I feel awful even saying it. I suspect her connection to the Traveller community at best, may be more through relationships rather than blood.

Apologies if that comes across a bit offensive - I know we shouldn’t make assumptions, but, like mentioned her now, in the open, there is a lot about her tweet style and her attitudes that do not say traveller community. Very much like Jack, I get the impression that she may have had more opportunity in the past but has declined to take advantage. Her vocabulary is certainly beyond her intelligence, much like our Jackie.

Also - apparently she has mixed feelings about a man marrying a sex doll and objectifying an ashtray but is well up for selling her dirty socks for twenty quid and having a foot wank. Sorry if you are having your breakfast coffee.
She keeps doing that particularly irritating thing of using someone's name when she disagrees with them. So annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Agree with this completely, the whole thing is very weird to me. I think whoever it is is very technically capable though, I also think it’s a bloke tbh.

Her account was opened on Feb 2019 which is relatively new, especially considering her public moment would have been just over a year later. It’s someone’s sock, but I don’t think it’s Jack’s purely as the website’s config is so so different.

Reactions: 23
The main thing about RSM that makes me think it is Jack is “not Scottish...yet” in the bio
I do think someone exists because someone is earning the pennies demanding payment for “that” photo, and someone spoke to Chartwells.
My theory is a RSM had a twitter and its being overtaken/used by another person, the real RSM is knackered in bed

Reactions: 8
'I cannot recommend the food writer Jack Monroe highly enough'. That seals it, only Jack Monroe would say something like that about Jack Monroe 🕵️‍♀️ I actually don't believe it's Jack, they are gloves of the same feather though. Whining, tip jar rattling, glorifying violence, writing boring threads, being condescending and insulting people, disability as a personality trait, thirsting for media attention, devoid of any sense of self-awareness or humour....

I've changed my mind, it's Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
'I cannot recommend the food writer Jack Monroe highly enough'. That seals it, only Jack Monroe would say something like that about Jack Monroe 🕵️‍♀️ I actually don't believe it's Jack, they are gloves of the same feather though. Whining, tip jar rattling, glorifying violence, writing boring threads, being condescending and insulting people, disability as a personality trait, thirsting for media attention, devoid of any sense of self-awareness or humour....

I've changed my mind, it's Jack.
My theory is "twins separated at birth" as in the article she displays some knowledge of kids needing varied nutrition so that debunks it being jack for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Gloves with no feathers slow cook slop together or whatever that saying is 😂🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There's so many similarities with Jack, but I don't think it is her. She seems to be on Twitter ALL the time, even Jack had time off for dino naps. I'm not sure what my theory is, I can't work her out though. She says she lived roadside before. Now I've never lived roadside, I'm settled, but the way she talks about it and the language/terminology she uses just seems off 😕. Can't quite put my finger on it. I do know that living roadside is bloody hard, which is why so few do. Our country and it's laws are not set up to accommodate nomadic lifestyles anymore. Constant threat and worry of being moved on by police, families having to pack up in the night and go. It's a hard life. Not sure my priority (esp. as a mother) during that time would be shouting at Twitter 24/7... 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 28
DHOTYA nomination.

Genuinely desperate for any sort of outrage attention and always shoehorning a kid in somewhere.
This isn’t @ you but the way these grifters talk about their children is so boundary violating and disrespectful and highly triggering I wish they’d just stop. In fairness to RSM “she” is anonymous so it’s no where near as bad as the avg Twitter person but reading about suicidal children is so so so so distressing why do people put this content without TW/CW?

Also agree about it feeling off and very inauthentic. The depth they go into about every single thing (usually revolving around £) but yet remain super surface level on traveller life and culture and heritage and community is….. noticeable.

• Heart
They'd better be a bleeping sock because if that child is real and she's just told hundreds of thousands of strangers about their vulnerability in detail for the purpose of reaping attention that is utterly reprehensible. Why do it? There's no need! She's using Jack's Pointless Capitals as well. Is there some sort of government program churning out these grifting fantasists?

• Wow
If all of the stories which she posts on Twitter about the children are true I really hope social services are heavily involved as it seems an extremely unstable environment. But the more I read the less I believe. Thankfully it probably is all made up,

Reactions: 15
If all of the stories which she posts on Twitter about the children are true I really hope social services are heavily involved as it seems an extremely unstable environment. But the more I read the less I believe. Thankfully it probably is all made up,
I think it’s bullshit. All of it.

Reactions: 17
DHOTYA nomination.

Genuinely desperate for any sort of outrage attention and always shoehorning a kid in somewhere.
Why does RM always centre the narrative around herself or her children? Couldn’t it have been framed as a more general reminder to those working with children and young people? And was there any need to mention that this child was suicidal in the past?

(Rhetorical, I know that this approach wouldn’t get the desired level of attention craved for)

Reactions: 16
She doesn’t seem to have any friends, any community, or any self respect.

Starting to think she could be Jack

Reactions: 6
Why does RM always centre the narrative around herself or her children? Couldn’t it have been framed as a more general reminder to those working with children and young people? And was there any need to mention that this child was suicidal in the past?

(Rhetorical, I know that this approach wouldn’t get the desired level of attention craved for)
Because she’s a narcissist?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.