Roadside Mum #9 Is this normal behaviour for RSM?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
with regards to her being an Irish Traveller - is the name Louisa Britain a common Traveller name? I live in Belfast and the vast majority of Irish Travellers that I know of have the surname Joyce, McDonagh or Mongan. I have never known of a traveller with the first name Louisa, most of them have Irish first names. My experience with Travellers here is limited, I know someone who lives near to where they had a camp. I don’t know of any who live by the roadside either, I believe most if them are in housing.
That’s not her name, it’s a pseudonym. She was Lisa for a while. Also she’s not Romany, Irish traveller, new-age traveller or anything of the sort.

Reactions: 11
with regards to her being an Irish Traveller - is the name Louisa Britain a common Traveller name? I live in Belfast and the vast majority of Irish Travellers that I know of have the surname Joyce, McDonagh or Mongan. I have never known of a traveller with the first name Louisa, most of them have Irish first names. My experience with Travellers here is limited, I know someone who lives near to where they had a camp. I don’t know of any who live by the roadside either, I believe most if them are in housing.
She is an imposter

Reactions: 11
OK, so, don't ask me how I know this 🍉 but that post about the £200 fee for submissions to the book was an error which Unbound corrected. They didn't drop the fee -- it was always £250.

The whole project is a shitshow and I believe it will never be delivered. There's much to criticise about it. But that £200 was a genuine mistake.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
OK, so, don't ask me how I know this 🍉 but that post about the £200 fee for submissions to the book was an error which Unbound corrected. They didn't drop the fee -- it was always £250.

The whole project is a shitshow and I believe it will never be delivered. There's much to criticise about it. But that £200 was a genuine mistake.
It's all academic anyway. No-one who submitted work to this unprofessional grifty mess is getting paid a penny and the book will never be published.

Louisa got her dopamine hits and that's what matters.

Reactions: 12
She has been open about the fact neither Louisa or Britain are her real names.

Lots of travellers still live in caravans and motorhomes as well as statics on sites so I don’t think either of those things were a dead giveaway she was a fraud - it was all the rest of the shite she posted that contradicted itself.

Reactions: 7
Would be an unusual Traveller name, but I seem to remember her also saying it's not her real name. Which is good news for me, since I share a surname with her, albeit a different spelling.

Reactions: 6
The wheelchair fundraiser and more confusion about RSM (she's deffo older than 43!)

I know the woman who ran this fundraiser. She's a very genuine, good person who's part of the disabled activist bunch on Twitter. She tweets a lot to raise issues around disability access and failures of infrastructure and systems. I like her a lot.

It's very telling that Sam paid forward her own PIP after she crowdfunded her wheelchair and continues to support others. It seems Louisa was happy to accept the support but hasn't followed through by also paying it forward.

It's tit that disabled people have to crowdfund for the tools they need to live their lives. It's doubly tit that PIP doesn't work properly to just pay for that stuff when it's needed. It's tit to the nth degree that someone like Louisa would exploit the solidarity and generosity of others trying to knit the safety net together.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Do we think she'll make it to 30 days for permanent deletion?
I cannot guess, but it's going to be fun watching!

If I had to put money on it, I'm placing $20 on a last minute comeback, with a pronouncement that for the greater good and her dedication to seeing Unbound (not) publish the zine, she's decided to navigate the shark filled waters of X in spite of trolls/haters and death threats, but from now on, Keep Her Cat Out of It.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I cannot guess, but it's going to be fun watching!

If I had to put money on it, I'm placing $20 on a last minute comeback, with a pronouncement that for the greater good and her dedication to seeing Unbound (not) publish the zine, she's decided to navigate the shark filled waters of X in spite of trolls/haters and death threats, but from now on, Keep Her Cat Out of It.
Follower by a sharp descent into attacking minimum wage customer service reps

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Follower by a sharp descent into attacking minimum wage customer service reps
It's THAT behaviour that I can't stand. I muted RSM on Twitter and ducked out of these threads because I found myself so upset at her bullying.

We know disabled people have a hard time being out in a world that isn't properly accessible. We know companies fail disabled people every minute of every day. It is useful to call them out about it using social media and suing companies for access fails can be a good way to force systemic change.
RSM just has such an attitude about it all and her aggression online puts me right off supporting any cause she might be championing. Plus her stories about her kids, if true (which is doubtful), mean she seems to alternate between abuse and neglect as a parent.

Whatever her real name is and whatever her real background, nothing can mask an unpleasant, deeply unlikeable personality.

Reactions: 19
This is what gives her away. No one who has ever had to properly graft for a living talks to customer services reps like that.
I agree

Or, one has a paranoia issue and is a vexatious litigant. Or is a show-off liar bleep on Xwitter.

But mostly, I AGREE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
An email just dropped into my box advertising a new anthology of writing on Palestine. It's taken less than six months to pull together after the October 7 attacks.

There's absolutely no good excuse that Louisa's poverty anthology is two years overdue.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
An email just dropped into my box advertising a new anthology of writing on Palestine. It's taken less than six months to pull together after the October 7 attacks.

There's absolutely no good excuse that Louisa's poverty anthology is two years overdue.
Palestine is more trendy than poverty I guess.
---
It's THAT behaviour that I can't stand. I muted RSM on Twitter and ducked out of these threads because I found myself so upset at her bullying.

We know disabled people have a hard time being out in a world that isn't properly accessible. We know companies fail disabled people every minute of every day. It is useful to call them out about it using social media and suing companies for access fails can be a good way to force systemic change.
RSM just has such an attitude about it all and her aggression online puts me right off supporting any cause she might be championing. Plus her stories about her kids, if true (which is doubtful), mean she seems to alternate between abuse and neglect as a parent.

Whatever her real name is and whatever her real background, nothing can mask an unpleasant, deeply unlikeable personality.
It was the utilita rants that blew my mind. Her argument about her meter being inaccessible because she’d have to go outside blew my mind. With the absolute best will in the world what exactly are meter companies supposed to do about the physical locations of said meters which generally need to be exactly where they are? It did sound entirely reachable for most wheelchair users (including her I’m guessing as her main objection was that she’d have to go outside not “I can’t reach it once I’m there”) and they had an app for most functions, it was just this one that had to be physically done she was complaining about.

Some things just cannot realistically be any more accessible than they are (doubt many people want a meter on their bedroom wall after all) and it seemed so bizarre she decided they had a vendetta against her and all disabled people because of it:

Reactions: 13
Palestine is more trendy than poverty I guess.
---

It was the utilita rants that blew my mind. Her argument about her meter being inaccessible because she’d have to go outside blew my mind. With the absolute best will in the world what exactly are meter companies supposed to do about the physical locations of said meters which generally need to be exactly where they are? It did sound entirely reachable for most wheelchair users (including her I’m guessing as her main objection was that she’d have to go outside not “I can’t reach it once I’m there”) and they had an app for most functions, it was just this one that had to be physically done she was complaining about.

Some things just cannot realistically be any more accessible than they are (doubt many people want a meter on their bedroom wall after all) and it seemed so bizarre she decided they had a vendetta against her and all disabled people because of it:
Nah, the difference is having a competent editor who knows how to commission authors and run a production schedule to deadline.

Reactions: 8