Roadside Mum #9 Is this normal behaviour for RSM?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What part of “Roadside” mum, references to living in a van and using language like “us” and “we” when discussing Ethnic minorities gave you the impression she was a Traveller? DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.
I've been re-reading the first thread in honour of her cancellation and the receipts on there regarding her fake traveller persona are gold.

She abuses one guy about something to do with council tax and says "my van dwelling and river dwelling kin have been murdered for misunderstandings over council tax".

Pretty sure most of the grunt work was done by RSM archivist @Wooh

---
Link to the post

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
were the Young People Syrian by any chance?

I thought she was Outreach to the GRT community.
She’s not a social worker so she’s absolutely bigging herself up. There are many non-professionals working with CYP in difficult circumstances but they don’t brag about how great they are for doing it.

Reactions: 13
Yes and she's definitely stated she IS a traveller.
Christ, she was just as self important and insufferable then 😳

I'd guess she worked in the voluntary sector as that's reminded me of why I am glad not to do the same any more 😂 Some of the egos and worthiness are off the scale the DA sector being the absolute worst for it

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Notice how even she didn’t have the balls to go for the big T there. She is a big fat liar but even she knows not to go all in and to try and maintain plausible deniability.

BTW - driving to Wales soon, and I have a couple of holidays planned - and I MUST go get a shop in. Yours, a traveller (small T).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's a specific type of middle class English* woman - I don't know how to describe it except "woke scold". Not all of them! Also the right wing and non-political ones aren't like it. *Equivalents can be seen in other Western countries.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's immediately obvious that "Louisa Brittan" is of a definite, specific type, and any variety of traveller isn't it!

I have only had acquaintances from GRT communities. But it's my observation that victimhood isn't usually a highly prized trait among them, like it is with middle class white leftists, who revere victimhood to the point it allows victims to assume authority statuses. Roadside Mum has this particular victim-hero attitude, as well as the characteristic speech patterns and beliefs of a middle class leftist.
I'm Jewish, not really "white passing", and I've been on the sharp end of women like this many, many times. We are living in a state of intense and justified fear at the moment. I don't want to ⚠ myself but the intimidation and attacks are coming ever closer to home right now and it's very, very hard not to fall apart.

I've steered clear of her threads because her racism upsets me too much, but I'm very glad to see her getting unmasked. Just like Depher. I don't have any faith in things being OK for us in the long term, or even the medium term, but can still take a tiny bit of positivity from this.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes and she's definitely stated she IS a traveller.
I don’t think anyone is saying she hasn’t stated she is a Traveller just that she’s never actually stated she’s Romany in the same way and apart from a few ambiguous wordings most of her obvious hints have similarly been towards Traveller rather than Romany - and the Romany don’t tend to describe themselves as travellers and keep a firm distinction despite being lumped together in the GRT umbrella.

ETA: I think some on X appear to be thinking GRT is one description ie gypsy Roma traveller so if she was claiming one she’s claiming all not realising like BAME it’s 3 separate identities/heritages and that’s causing the confusion.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t think anyone is saying she hasn’t stated she is a Traveller just that she’s never actually stated she’s Romany in the same way and apart from a few ambiguous wordings most of her obvious hints have similarly been towards Traveller rather than Romany - and the Romany don’t tend to describe themselves as travellers and keep a firm distinction despite being lumped together in the GRT umbrella.

ETA: I think some on X appear to be thinking GRT is one description ie gypsy Roma traveller so if she was claiming one she’s claiming all not realising like BAME it’s 3 separate identities/heritages and that’s causing the confusion.
The lameness of challenger squigs always reminds me how grifters can get away with it.

Reactions: 7

Yes I agree - but I thought it interesting she actually puts in black and white 'I am a traveller' as so often she just heavily implies it.
She may have done so at other times but my memory is bloody awful these days 😂

Reactions: 9
Claiming to be a Traveller is "easier" than claiming to be Romany, and is less likely to get you "mainstream" (as far as she is in any way mainstream) pushback.

Claiming to be a Traveller is "easier" than claiming to be Romany, and is less likely to get you "mainstream" (as far as she is in any way mainstream) pushback.
I also think her “white passing” was more intended to highlight she wasn’t claiming to be “ordinary” white British/irish - as traveller is counted as a separate ethnicity - and pointing out she wasn’t a POC in her ever “I’m so woke and caring” way that always secretly reveals her racism (see her pointing out the security guard wasn’t white) rather than claiming she was not white/Romany, but who bleeping knows with her.

It’s the ambiguity she has absolutely used to ply her trade. Like a sneaky little snake. And it’s works - she has had thousands off it.

It’s the ambiguity she has absolutely used to ply her trade. Like a sneaky little snake. And it’s works - she has had thousands off it.
Well quite. We've had our collective eyes on her for a while, with receipts, and are still confused.

I mean I’m white passing, but that’s because I’m white
I'm white, with - based on Ancestry dot com DNA tests - a handful of percent Greek / Turkish DNA (and zero Romany or Irish). I'm pretty sure people have mistaken me for a Traveller in the past, because of where I lived at the time. But I don't go on about it, because doing so is deranged.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm white, with - based on Ancestry dot com DNA tests - a handful of percent Greek / Turkish DNA (and zero Romany or Irish). I'm pretty sure people have mistaken me for a Traveller in the past, because of where I lived at the time. But I don't go on about it, because doing so is deranged.
I’m actually 100% not an internet grifter so that’s something

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wonder what Roadsidemum is doing today.

Let's make wild guesses:

I bet she's had a lovely morning. She breezed the girls to school, saying "hi, how are you?" to all her friends at the school gate. Oh and she made some banana muffins for their packed lunches and to share with the class... Followed by a nice bath and a bit of work on the zine, ready for her zoom meeting with Unbound commencing at 1pm.

She'll need a relaxing afternoon. Bex sent her a voucher (a little mutual aid gift) to have her lashes done. The cat will enjoy some play time. ML and RD will be having a playful wrestle in the hall before sharing barbecue / salad duties between them.

Bless their house!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I lurk a little on this thread but haven't participated in ages because I just find Louisa so deeply unpleasant. I'm so glad she's cancelled herself and the fact that she flamed out on a fireball of Depher is just perfect.

Last night I went back over some of the questions I raised with Unbound about the poverty book ages ago and I feel entirely vindicated. I doubted myself a bit at the time because I thought the publishers must have known what they were doing and had a plan in place to see the book to completion. Now I'm 100% convinced it's dead in the water and they are just delaying announcing it because they are reluctant to pay back all the funders (although I know they'll only offer credit off another book, instead of a cash refund).

I only hope they pay anyone who's submitted an essay their money. Although I know they built it in that they would only pay if the essays were published in the final book. So there's probably a handful of writers out there who have put their poverty lived experiences and trauma down on the page, only to have their work unpaid and unacknowledged. They'll be the real victims in this mess.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I lurk a little on this thread but haven't participated in ages because I just find Louisa so deeply unpleasant. I'm so glad she's cancelled herself and the fact that she flamed out on a fireball of Depher is just perfect.

Last night I went back over some of the questions I raised with Unbound about the poverty book ages ago and I feel entirely vindicated. I doubted myself a bit at the time because I thought the publishers must have known what they were doing and had a plan in place to see the book to completion. Now I'm 100% convinced it's dead in the water and they are just delaying announcing it because they are reluctant to pay back all the funders (although I know they'll only offer credit off another book, instead of a cash refund).

I only hope they pay anyone who's submitted an essay their money. Although I know they built it in that they would only pay if the essays were published in the final book. So there's probably a handful of writers out there who have put their poverty lived experiences and trauma down on the page, only to have their work unpaid and unacknowledged. They'll be the real victims in this mess.
Yes. Roadsidemum is a bleep. A calculating, manipulative long-goal troll, and I want her gone, AFTER some form of public remedy to the contributors, who were ALWAYS at her condescending beck and call.

I dislike her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23