Roadside Mum #8 This is a criminal endeavour

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This does remind me of the time Louisa used the phrase "take a chance in the turd addled sea".
A warped ABBA cover song.

+++++++++++

Doing an idle search on Unbound for zine update. Finding it not very transparent; will report in soon. So far all I have is this:
Screenshot_2024-03-22-21-11-38-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I can't seem to click any links to get any further. Probably me. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that Unbound or Louisa Britain are being opaque.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
You have ME. What do YOU think, you fuckling?
Screenshot_2024-03-23-00-28-48-20_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Couldn't be arsed pixelating Jack. S/he/they will have to cope

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
You ā€œcanā€ drink on amoxicillin but it may reduce their impact, like many antibiotics.
If you drink on erythromycin you will vomit a lot.

Imagine - 5 days without gin

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You ā€œcanā€ drink on amoxicillin but it may reduce their impact, like many antibiotics.
If you drink on erythromycin you will vomit a lot.

Imagine - 5 days without gin
Antibiotics can cause liver injury, and it's more likely, and the damage will be more severe, if you drink.

Reactions: 9
#thoughtsandprayers

Five days is a pretty short course, no?
It would be a typical first antibiotic treatment; 500mg three times a day for five days. Why would you even want to drink if you felt so rubbish? I canā€™t imagine itā€™s a little hot toddy she has in mind either, which might be more understandable.

Reactions: 8
It would be a typical first antibiotic treatment; 500mg three times a day for five days. Why would you even want to drink if you felt so rubbish? I canā€™t imagine itā€™s a little hot toddy she has in mind either, which might be more understandable.
Ah okay. Anytime I've been on an AB it's usually a week or ten days so I wasn't sure. Pretty astounding she can't lay off the gin for 5 days.

Reactions: 8
What is she "LOL" ing about? I presume a doctor prescribed her the medication?
I sort of get the point, in that "the doctor says not to drink, but it doesn't say that on the medication itself, what do?" isn't a *ridiculous* question, and saying "ask a doctor" is a bit a of a stupid response. If they'd said "maybe ask a different doctor" or something then yeah.

I sort of get the point, in that "the doctor says not to drink, but it doesn't say that on the medication itself, what do?" isn't a *ridiculous* question, and saying "ask a doctor" is a bit a of a stupid response. If they'd said "maybe ask a different doctor" or something then yeah.
She could ask the dispensing pharmacist? But then that wouldn't allow for an opaque Twitter tin rattle šŸŖ‡

Reactions: 9
Ah okay. Anytime I've been on an AB it's usually a week or ten days so I wasn't sure. Pretty astounding she can't lay off the gin for 5 days.
Yeah they try 5 days of Amoxycillin first them the stronger ones if they donā€™t work. Sometimes itā€™s 7 days but thatā€™s rare for A.
---
I suspect the Dr told her not to because they know she wonā€™t feel the benefit if she has a gin binge whilst taking them.

It is possible to drink alcohol with them, but itā€™s better you donā€™t. Ok if you were going to a wedding that week, fine have a few glasses of fizz, itā€™s a special occasion. Otherwise, leave it out.

I had some accidental booze when I was on ABs for wisdom tooth. 0/10 would not recommend.

Reactions: 4
My grandfather was, at one point, head of one of the main UK professional bodies for a certain type of engineering. My grandmother used to be terrified of the posh dinners and awards ceremonies where she'd have to sit next to him at the top table so would have stiff dubonnet and soda or two beforehand. Did it on antibiotics, slid under the table as the starter was being served!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.