Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mugginsme

Bless ya - there’s quite the gang here (not all, but many) that have chipped into a grifters pot before seeing the light - I donated to a Tin Can Cook for food banks, much to my now mortification. It’s a mark of your kindness more than anything else.

If you decide to ask for your donation back due to the inordinate delays, lack of updates, and the information you have read about her behaviour patterns strongly resembling grifting - please let us know how that goes. If I had signed up, I would 100% be sending Unbound communication to that effect at this point.
The patterns of similarity between grifts is astounding. On that note i see HA is back. :rolleyes:

I had a look into the refund process and like others have said unless i want credit for another maybe maybe not book i have to wait for unbound to cancel the thing. What made me so sure this was a real helpful idea is anyones guess. It's going to be so out of date, i think outofbounds drag it on in the hope people forget when the time comes to offer proper refunds.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

EllaEm87

VIP Member
She can’t have been out of the property that long to already be kicking off about previous suppliers?! It’s all to get the gas debt written off, of course. Silly us.

Oh and Simon Harris - Man Behaving Dadly - please. With his 20 Gofundme fundraisers, on the go. Many with woolly aims. Another who actually sees twitter as his 'job' and has a tip jar.
At least all his gofundme pages are properly set up and the money goes directly to charity.

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
Ooh not heard of the last two. Well, here’s to a bank holiday weekend…

of all the ones I wish I’d never heard of Helen Ashby is the main one.

also RSM now seems to have it in for square sausage. She is going to fit in so well here. Not. You know if you’re going to live in a country you’ve purported to admire for a while, do some research before you arrive. It’s not all free prescriptions and bus passes.
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2231.jpeg

• Sad

L3moning

VIP Member
Because of that pesky cash app problem, Louisa and Co have to live on £6 a day for food for the next week ( on top of some already well stocked cupboards), so £6 a day for top up ingredients.

she can’t shop anywhere cheap because of fuel, so the krays have to go to an expensive corner shop daily. I’m assuming someone isn’t handing her £6 a day so she does have access to the full £42 at once and could just make life simpler and do one big shop at Lidl, but I guess that doesn’t provide content for a daily moan?

I don’t want to sound too Jack or too Tory, yes £42 for a week is not ideal but on top of a cupboard full of food already it’s very doable, and it’s only for a week.Just means no hon or takeaways for a week
£20 a week is possibly enough if you have something carb-y (rice, pasta, potatoes) and tinned stuff in already. Certainly it would be for me, although I live on my own.

But then I could, probably, last a week or more with spending zero on food, because my tinned food cupboard looks, in the words of my mum, "like you're preparing for a nuclear war".

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
The wording on that tweet is odd…’£85 for one each’. Is that £85 for one blazer or for two for each of her kids? If it’s the latter, £42.50 for a blazer is pretty standard. It was £35 for a blazer when I was in school and that’s going back over 30 years now.
Any amount will be a shock, as one of the kids doesn’t even have a school uniform at the moment

L3moning

VIP Member
It's those scary low paid foreign workers again. Leering at the kids, stealing the food, and scared to come to the front door.

How many food deliveries does this self proclaimed povvo get?
At least delivery drivers don't have big knives, I suppose.

• Haha

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
Another favourite RSM moment. She is the hardest bitch ever to rock a wheelchair. But was magnanimous because she don’t want to upset a friend!

I think she just wants to say she HAS a friend because I don’t even believe that. 😏
Oh dearie me. Things that never happened ever, not even to RSM.

• Haha

FlashBoof

VIP Member
If she has and she's taken LO out of school with about a week to go (depending where she is) right after putting her in at the end of term, I'd judge that more than anything. Talk about upheaval for the child.
With daddy paying a visit and staying there (in a sleeping area - still making me chortle) I wouldn’t bank on them being taken. She is definitely the sort that will justify needing the break - she’s earned it etc etc. Bex certainly knows how that works.

alphaspagbol

Chatty Member
A bit of a rant precedes this and I cba analysing it all. But yeah. We’re all forced to be aspiring creatives now. Made me laugh.. for various reasons
IMG_3231.jpeg

• Haha
Can you imagine it?!

Warning: sexual language:

You go down on me

I can't, arthritis in my shoulder/s due to poverty. You go down on me.

Me? I can't. I have ME. Get stuck in the bath, me.

Well, I can't move my fingers. Arthritic hands, innit.

I'll call Roadsidedad, he's used to driving half a day in the van *I own* to attend to my whims.

Can he cook?

He's not much chop, I used to mention it a lot on my twitter account; such banter I made.

Could you just put something in the oven?

ROADSIDE NAUGHTIEST GET UP HERE, MY LESBIAN LOVER NEEDS SOME TRANS FAT OVEN BAKED FOOD. And call your father!!
WHYYYYY was I eating when I read this 😭

• Haha
Yes, except that they were only taking contributions on spec so they wouldn't have paid any contributors unless they'd committed to including them in the anthology. That was the bit I objected to.

I've done a little dive onto the site and looked at some numbers.

The project is already funded 115%. Unbound states that any amounts pledged over 100% will be split between the author and publisher -- not clear how that would work for an anthology.

Anyway, here's how much they've earned already from the different tiers of pledges:
  1. Pay it forward (2 hard copies): 132 @£33 = £4356
  2. Digital only: 109 @£10 = £1090
  3. Paperback copy: 427 @£15 = £6405
  4. Signed copy: 99 @£25 = £2475
  5. Read with a friend (2 copies; one address): 26 @£28 = £728
  6. Send one to your MP: 45 @£28 = £1260
  7. Signed book + mug: 12 @£35 = £420
  8. Signed book + Tote bag: 7 @£55 = £385
  9. Signed book + art print: 1 @£60 = £60
  10. Book club (5 copies): 3 @£70 = £210
  11. Book club gold (5 copies + author chat): 6 @£120 = £720
Total: £18,109

Not bad going.

I estimate an anthology like this would be around 70,000 words. That works out at around 25 essays / chapters of around 2,500 words each, plus intro, index, acknowledgements etc.

So 25 contributors @£250 = £6260

That leaves roughly £12k for editing, proofing, typesetting, cover design, printing and marketing.

So basically Unbound is using crowdfunding to get the punters to share all the upfront costs of a book production, thereby limiting the risk that the publisher would normally take on a book. And they get the author to do a lot of marketing on social media which further reduces their spend.

I'm too tired to calculate the costs of each step of the production process but my gut tells me they're barely in profit but it's not looking too bad. This is all before they start selling the book commercially. (Whether or not any bookshop punters would actually buy a collection of poverty stories is another question but ....)

Anyway, I might have made some mistakes above but just thought it was interesting to look under the surface a bit.
Ah by backed out I mean the backers not the contributors - so the pot of available money they’d originally planned will be less now than it was then.

geneticsgirl

Rarely there was the garden table with lots of booze picture she posted.

I thought she moved to the utopia that was Scotland.

Tories are losing by-elections left right and centre. There is only so long they can avoid a general election so of they are putting out narratives that appeal to Tory voters like being tough on benefits.

Reactions: 3
Indeed - you have to hand it to her…. why work for a living when a tweet beg pays for the Ocado/Uber eats and you don’t even have to “pay it forward” or come up with what’s been paid for and commissioned by other people. Because they will forget and say you have integrity or some such shite!
She’ll get a shock if she tries to order an Ocado now she’s in Scotland…

Reactions: 3