Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She can’t fly under the radar, social services and child services will be wise to this sort of thing. She needs a doctor so she’ll be registering herself, accompanied by one or both krays, surely.
I mean more for the homeschooling. It will be effectively the same as England if she doesn’t need permission to withdraw (which she won’t if she doesn’t enrol them in school, and she doesn’t have to do), the council/authority can and should check up on the education but it will depend on where she is, how on it they are, whether she and the krays can talk a good talk etc. Especially if she goes down the undiagnosed special needs route.

Reactions: 3

MurielSnark

VIP Member
She once went to town at 5pm to get cash out of a machine and was concerned about the swarthy man in a shop wielding a giant knife, reading between the lines she passed a kebab shop and assumed they were trying to do what ”The Government“ are also trying…operation unalive RSM.
I wonder if she used to smoke a lot of weed?
I muted her on Twitter ages ago so haven't seen this stuff. Yuck.

She does seem to fight with everyone and sees enemies in every corner. Doesn't really fit with being a hippy traveller type which is what I always assumed she was.

Does she ever share happy interactions with friends? Or nice things that happen? Cos even the most unpleasant and antisocial person must have some people they like hanging out with.

L3moning

VIP Member
Actually getting angry about something which warrants it¹ for a change.

¹I don't even drive, but it's annoying when people do it to, say, the bus I'm on

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Feel like a poll is needed. Who is more transparently desperate? Plant princess and her wild and wonderful nature loving persona, or hat Jack?

Wooh

VIP Member
Roadsidemum #feelingblessed the other grifters are busy enough at the moment to deflect attention.

Hey Louisa, I have a hamster for free, do you want?

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I mean more for the homeschooling. It will be effectively the same as England if she doesn’t need permission to withdraw (which she won’t if she doesn’t enrol them in school, and she doesn’t have to do), the council/authority can and should check up on the education but it will depend on where she is, how on it they are, whether she and the krays can talk a good talk etc. Especially if she goes down the undiagnosed special needs route.
Oh I agree, but Scotland must know parents exploit the council permission loophole. And it will be known that they’re new in town. She can’t totally hide them.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Thoughts and prayers, Falks. Hopefully after the bank holiday she’ll have enough energy money for the kids uniform shopping.

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Wonder if her new neighbours will be so friendly once they actually get to know her.

Screenshot_20230524-185438_Twitter.jpg

Have we had RoadsideBiker yet!?

Screenshot_20230524-185243_Twitter.jpg

• Sad

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Christ - is she still pretending she is working class? With her Tory granddaddy reading FT articles to her, and her hippy chick New Age traveller with a small T lifestyle, and her overly wordy, faux academic gobshiteyness and pretend multilingual skills?

She is about as working class as Jack Monroe. She also has the biggest, most furiously bitter chip on her shoulder - she WISHES she was working class because then she could blame her current position in this sort of rambling nonsense.

BTW RSM - the vast majority, if not all of the working class people I know live in a spotless house and their kids tend to have manners. Not like your gobby offspring, and self described pit of filth.

Yours, a daughter of a steelworker and a jackofallmannerofmenialtrades mum.

Attachments

• Haha

L3moning

VIP Member
Said before, RSM doesn't want a partner, she wants a sugar daddy / sugar mommy (or both if it'll get her more money...)

• Sick

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Indeed - you have to hand it to her…. why work for a living when a tweet beg pays for the Ocado/Uber eats and you don’t even have to “pay it forward” or come up with what’s been paid for and commissioned by other people. Because they will forget and say you have integrity or some such shite!

Attachments

• Sick
Totally using cashapp to avoid it being counted as income for benefits purposes. Sounds like it isn't just her affected but of course she is abusing them on Twitter
I've just looked at how to withdraw money and I'm inclined to agree. It's the bit about "being able to send money to friends & family" which is raising red flags with me. If it was just linked to your own debit card for transfers, it can't be used for disguising income, but it's not, you can send it to anyone who has a cashapp account, and children can have them.

Do the balances in children's accounts count for income/savings assessment purposes for benefits?

Nonah

VIP Member
But they have the special shallow trolleys, which mean your hands are free…you clip in on to the wheelchair I think.
I don’t think my branch has those. I have noticed because the big ones are really annoying to reach into when you’re emptying them at the checkout and annoying for me is impossible for so many others.

• Heart
Oh @Shimmering, you were right, my apologies. I think I read that Kit de Waal tweet and another one from Unbound, with similar content and mixed them up.

I wonder if Kit added in that bit about writers of colour because she'd had an actual chat with someone at Unbound?

Anyway, you're right that it's not a good look to reduce their fees AND specifically reach out to minority groups. Ugh.

ETA: I see @CabalofBolorneaise made the same point already.
---

BiB

Nevertheless, Unbound would've had to sit down with RSM and work out the costs of publishing against what they needed to raise via crowdfunding. So, they should have budgeted for editing, rewrites, proofs etc. Every ptoject should have some contingency built in so they should not be reducing authors fees to cover costs -- the writers are the least protected in the whole production chain.

I've been curious about Unbound and their unorthodox business model since they emerged but I don't really know how they do it.
Yeah, I do wonder how much slack they had… but then I think quite a few people also backed out so perhaps it was largely eaten up by that plus the need for more work from unbound and this is the ultimate consequence. Either that or RSM overestimated how much money she had to offer and £250 was never going to be possible for more than a handful of writers.