Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

L3moning

VIP Member
Hilarious that the unhinged grifter hunter has gone after her and supertanskiiiiiii- totally deserved low hanging fruit. Just Russ and Bex to go now.
Russ did actually release his book, to be fair. He then moaned about how little money he got from it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

L3moning

VIP Member
The story stinks. Maybe I'm wrong but do bank fraud teams have the time to be ringing people up? I'm with nationwide and they're very cautious but they just block my card if they suspect fraud. I'm the one that has to ring them to sort it, they don't call me.
Some banks will text you to say "did you make this payment?" or ask you to confirm things in the app. Actually calling me has never happened though, and I've made payments in US dollars a few times (Santander doesn't seem to like recurring payments in dollars though).

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Just caught up on her latest tweets and between shagging wretched awful people and bandwaggoning on disability campaigning (presumably she is in the Bex camp of not poor anymore) - well, I am just wishing she would duck off and pretend to be ill again - Unbound must want to reschedule soon?

KebabGirl

VIP Member
She's just popped up on my Twitter feed. I've never followed her or searched for her. Why now, and why me?!
She's somewhere in North Scotland. Taken a photo and asked does anyone know where she is. No-one has got it right yet. Is this to distract from deadlines?

• Wow

L3moning

VIP Member
Just popping in to wave at everyone. Don't have time to visit much because of Jack and Alice (I have abandoned Phil) keeping my Tattle time busy.
So Louisa's moved to Scotland? Another tick in my 'Louisa is Vonny' theory box.
Seriously though, this can't be an actual real alive person can it? How is anyone this horrible?
As you were lads.
I think her being Vonny is more likely than the old "RSM is Jack" theory, but I'm still not convinced.

• Haha

Wooh

VIP Member
"Very Women special in special secret Volvo wagon waved to me signifying 'ahoy am leaving' taking long time very much with lipstick 💄 and rear vision mirror 🪞. Happy to wait. Seems drama not mine."

Livia Fantasy

VIP Member
Who is? Who knows who she is IRL? who would dob her in? She will cross the wrong person one day.
Given her propensity to pop off at customer service staff, she hopefully already has. I’d find great joy in hearing that every morning she goes to put fresh socks on, they’re wet.

• Haha
No, I'm aware. It's her belief that this will be 'other people' that I take issue with. It would certainly be a generous investigator who handed their work to others to replicate rather than do it themselves!

(Occurs to me that potentially I work in a very unfriendly area 😭🤣)
I think in this case it probably will be others just to get the demographics, it’s all well and good with a small cohort from Germany but they’ll need loads of replication and I doubt one team can do it all themselves. Plus they’ve named what they’re looking for so there’s no way they can stop anyone else looking for it if they want 😂

When they develop an actual drug they’ll be hoarding it like mad though 😂😂

Hello friends

Popping into this thread from my usual hangout at the Jack Monroe forum just to say that I see Roadside Mum still doesn't seem to have made progress with her book.

I tentatively approached her months and months ago about contributing to that project. I have personal experience of living on a low income, navigating the benefits system and living in unsuitable housing etc.

RSM is, from interactions with her and with Unbound, very clearly middle class and university educated. Any traveller heritage, if any at all, is heavily diluted by generations of intermarriage. My best guess is that she is/was a hippy chick who hit the road in the noughties for adventure or to opt out. I think, if she was a travelling eco-warrior, we'd know about it and she'd be much less likely to tweet endlessly about cars, consumer goods and holidays.

She was also very cagey about her real name and I get the impression that Britain is a pseudonym. She also refused to say where in the country she lived -- I only asked in a conversational "get to know you" kind of way -- and she made a strong allusion to being a victim of DV who was on the run from an abuser. Of course, this could be a ruse and a convenient technique to shut down any probing questions about who she really is. All in all, I didn't feel confident at the time that she knew what she was doing with the book and I thought her unwillingness to disclose her real identity to me (offline and with a confidentiality agreement) was sketchy AF.

Anyway, I ultimately decided not to contribute to her book for reasons. It looks like a dead duck and I don't really get why Unbound are still trying to flog it. They were asking for contributors just this week on the X site. So much has changed around poverty in the last year or two and my personal view is that this book is a dud. They should call it a day and refund all the donors who've forked out so far.
BIB: she has, in fairness, been completely open about the fact that Louisa Britain is a pseudonym as much as RoadsideMum is ever since she started using it and she has been consistent with the reasoning being she’s got an abusive ex-partner. That reason may be a lie but she’s been very open about it not being her name.

I agree it’s time to call it a day on the project though, it’s clearly not happening.
---
BIB: she has, in fairness, been completely open about the fact that Louisa Britain is a pseudonym as much as RoadsideMum is ever since she started using it and she has been consistent with the reasoning being she’s got an abusive ex-partner. That reason may be a lie but she’s been very open about it not being her name.

I agree it’s time to call it a day on the project though, it’s clearly not happening.
Quoting myself like a ninny to add evidence she’s called it a pen name before

Attachments

Last edited:

KebabGirl

VIP Member
Not quite the same but it does remind me that the company I used to work for used Microsoft Access 97 for their job card database right up until they went bust in 2019.
I can name even more companies who still have an Access database in the background of their IT solution! Again, I like my job so SHAN'T shame them.

Loving the replies where she knows more than anyone ever about it, despite having asked for help. Surely her followers are going up get bored of the drama and drop away? Then she's shouting into a void. Unless the zine becomes an international best seller she's done nothing in 18 months other than me angry on Twitter.

FlashBoof

VIP Member
And?? Do you think you are the only one? And why do you think we/anyone gives a shit? Any chance of you doing the Zine now you are back from your weekend away?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad