Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hell 😅 That, and “name all the women in Beautiful South’s ‘Song For Whoever’” are pub quiz style questions. She’s off her rocker.
Yeah, not quite the same, but I've heard "Name all the men referenced in Vogue" as a pub quiz question.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Really??? She truly is a horror. How can this be considered “content” by anyone? Obviously she is going for the “I am sooooo poor and cold, I am like the Cratchetts in A Christmas Carol (send cashoes for the gas meter). But still. Wretched.
What the duck? Where was the toilet paper? When you wipe your arse without gloves on you don’t end up with dirty hands because you are using toilet paper. So when you have gloves on just use the same technique. Wow

Reactions: 7
She is home educating a tween but can’t reliably wipe her own rear foo foo/ front foo foo. Brilliant.
can’t wait to hear LO’s two line comments on “trouble in the Suez” bet they’re wild!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Butting in with a comment about the Billy Joel homework thing. It's actually a podcast, the hosts go line by line through the song and discuss every reference made in its own episode. I wonder if that's where RSM got the idea from?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Back to business RSM. The gloves will be back on - even when going to the toilet!

Btw - why isn’t the best daddy in the world moving heaven and earth to keep his wonderful offspring warm?

PS - good news, Scottish fraus.
Too cold for baths?
Good news for her children then. Not having to lever her out of it every other day.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Forgive my ignorance but baths seem to be a complete ordeal for her so would it not be better for her to have showers or fill a sink with hot water and clean herself with a washcloth?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am sure there will be an ME related reason why she can’t boil a kettle and have a lovely hot bubbly sink full of water - and use a perching stool/chair along with 10 mins of a plug-in (£12 in Home Bargains) heater, with the doors closed so she keeps the heat in.

By the way - if there are any fraus that happen to see the heaters in Home Bargains and think “hmm, are they worth it?”, they are. I have one in my bedroom (it has a flat roof in an an extension) to have a ten minute blast and it’s marvellous. And a hell of a lot cheaper than putting the heating on!

• Heart
In fairness I’ve been getting stuck in the bath recently. I ordered a little plastic booster cushion so I’m not sat as low down. Spent £15 of my PIP on it, in fact

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
In fairness I’ve been getting stuck in the bath recently. I ordered a little plastic booster cushion so I’m not sat as low down. Spent £15 of my PIP on it, in fact
Nice! When my beloved was recovering from cancer surgery, the perching stool was a miraculous godsend. And we wouldn’t have got him home at all if not for the hospital style bed loaned to us from British Red Cross. Glad you have your new aid, Hotes! The smallest thing can help make the biggest difference. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
But do you live tweet from the bath?

My now deceased gran used to take herself away for mini breaks to Trust House Fortes back in the day. She was at one and had a bath in the evening. Couldn't get out. There was no emergency cord back then. All night she kept refilling the bath with hot water to stay warm until housekeeping found her in the morning. As a child I found this story amusing. Now it makes me incredibly sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
But do you live tweet from the bath?

My now deceased gran used to take herself away for mini breaks to Trust House Fortes back in the day. She was at one and had a bath in the evening. Couldn't get out. There was no emergency cord back then. All night she kept refilling the bath with hot water to stay warm until housekeeping found her in the morning. As a child I found this story amusing. Now it makes me incredibly sad.
I don’t take the phone in, which is a bit daft as I live alone. I’d have to shout my neighbours and they’d have to break the door down if I couldn’t get out ever again.

• Wow
  • Heart
Back to business RSM. The gloves will be back on - even when going to the toilet!

Btw - why isn’t the best daddy in the world moving heaven and earth to keep his wonderful offspring warm?

PS - good news, Scottish fraus.
I take issue with her idea that "get a job only works for people who can move on demand". I know lots of physically disabled people who do all sorts of jobs. Nothing wrong with not wanting to work IMO but be honest about it.

Reactions: 9
She is outrageously offensive on the regular about disabled people and disability in general though. Usually to be faux shocking and dramatic.

Also, she tells the world on a very regular basis that she HAS a job. She is a writer and activist (self - described of course). Professional scrounger is more accurate. Made a few quid off the back of flogging ThatPhotoTM. But I have seen her shout from the rooftop on many occasions that she works.

She has also complained that the way her benefits were worked out as a “self employed” person were impacted last year on a rule change regarding how many “hours” you can claim you worked - it has to be at least minimum wage, in essence. It means she can’t claim she is working a 10-16 hour week for a £50 article for example. Probably also impacted WTC as her income and hits worked would have had to be changed.

Screenshot_20221211-202143_Twitter.jpg

Those poor kids. I'm not blaming RSM at all for being limited by her disability (plenty of other things to blame her for), but if the situation is as bad as is being painted in her tweets, Social Services should definitely be involved by now if they're not already. Not in a "We need to remove your children" capacity, but if mum is spending days on end in bed while the kids look after the house and themselves (in between "homeschooling" sessions), there should definitely be some agency support in place.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I take issue with her idea that "get a job only works for people who can move on demand". I know lots of physically disabled people who do all sorts of jobs. Nothing wrong with not wanting to work IMO but be honest about it.
In fairness if you can’t sit up or type, it rules you out of a lot of work. I once had a DWP lady who tried to convince me to start a cupcake business from home 🙄 ok who am I selling these cakes I can’t physically make, to?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I come from the past to say that 'gasping for air' gets the quickest ambulance response time. That is unless the person speaking to you can hear you're not, in fact, gasping for air...
In covid part 1 I was told to call the ambulance again when I couldn’t speak. And I wasn’t the only one told this!
not being able to speak is a hell of a disadvantage when you need to phone for help

• Wow
Reactions: 5
15 hours ago, Roadsidemum - who never drinks energy drinks (except Lucozade) - drank a Mother because in a shocking turn of events she had to be somewhere where, to be absent, even death would not have been a good enough excuse.

Roadsidemum hoped that drinking Mother would not bring any ill effects, such as an ME crash later.

5 hours ago Roadsidemum was in an ME crash with the worst sense of dread she has ever had. It was really bad. Even her tweet typing had typos in them and everything. Roadsidedad was summoned to lie back to back on the bed; alas he was asleep, presumably in another room, I mean abode.

Anyway, I don't think there was any zine editing today.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.