Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A search for "PA (from:roadsidemum)" shows a few hints and glibbets, one of which is
Screenshot_20221207_001411.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
A search for "PA (from:roadsidemum)" shows a few hints and glibbets, one of which is
View attachment 1786403
That’s interesting. That tweet is from July 2021 but the one that says there’s a shortage is December 2021. I guess the July one didn’t work out if she was later saying that she couldn’t find one in December. Hard to tell with her. Snippets of truth mixed with exaggeration, disingenuity, hyperbole etc

Reactions: 5
You are very kind @alphaspagbol - I quite like the word liar when I think of Roadside Mum - along with Jack and Jingle Clown. Incidentally- I would bet that her “PA” and “Carer” is probably Roadside Daddykins. And probably one of the reasons she intimated being questioned over her Universal Credit and living arrangements a while back. She certainly spouts enough nonsense about her kids being young carers but can they be paid Carers Allowances?

I like being a mithering ninny
Mithering ninnies can be annoying generally though. People say it’s because they have too much time on their hands, tend to be loners with no families etc. We had a crazy mithering ninny neighbour once who was obviously so envious about my family and our lifestyle. We tried to be kind to her when we saw her because we figured she was horribly lonely and miserable. Thank god she eventually moved on, it was like our whole street came alive again!

Reactions: 4
Yes - RSD is almost certainly on the financials in that regard.

By the way - Who is looking forward to “Christmas is ruined if I don’t get some cashapp dollar tonight” thread, coming soon? Wonder which kid will get blamed for the lobster defrosting and rotting in the corner on the 23rd.
What sort of car is she driving that the seat belts wearing out is a regular occurrence? I could sort of believe the driver one going as it would get the most use but unless the car has been in a crash or something surely the seat belts should be lasting ages.

Reactions: 11
What sort of car is she driving that the seat belts wearing out is a regular occurrence? I could sort of believe the driver one going as it would get the most use but unless the car has been in a crash or something surely the seat belts should be lasting ages.
Seatbelts don't wear out easily, and certainly not repeatedly. Can only assume that the amazing Roadside Dad's car fixing skills aren't all that and a bag of chips, so the replacement he installed wasn't done properly which has caused wear.

Reactions: 10
She crowdfunded for her £3k odd wheelchair with zero signs of her “paying it forward” with her own backpaid benefits. I think (after hinting about needing a loan to replace it) she might end up “finding” the perfect replacement soon at a price “too good to let go”. And rattle that tin. After all - if the zine isn’t anywhere near being published then she can’t have had a lot of her “editorial” payout.

As an aside - how out of date will all the zine stuff be now? All the submissions were pre-cost of living crisis. It may well be the biggest waste of paper when (if) printed since the Liz Truss biography dropped.

Reactions: 7
Seatbelts don't wear out easily, and certainly not repeatedly. Can only assume that the amazing Roadside Dad's car fixing skills aren't all that and a bag of chips, so the replacement he installed wasn't done properly which has caused wear.
We had a 3rd or possibly 4th hand Toyota Avensis that was 12 years old when we got it. Although the tensioner was broken in one of the seatbelts (so you were pinned in place) none of the others were even on the verge of wearing out. Was RN using it for knife sharpening or what?

Reactions: 7
Well, something's going on with those seatbelts. Probably RN, as you say

Reactions: 3
Mithering ninnies can be annoying generally though. People say it’s because they have too much time on their hands, tend to be loners with no families etc. We had a crazy mithering ninny neighbour once who was obviously so envious about my family and our lifestyle. We tried to be kind to her when we saw her because we figured she was horribly lonely and miserable. Thank god she eventually moved on, it was like our whole street came alive again!
Mithering ninny is our nick name from the Jack Monroe threads

I have no frigging idea what an assistance dog would be able to help me with. Certainly don’t think it could replace the things I spend my PIP on, which are - delivery food, a cleaner, a counsellor.

Reactions: 9
Some of the stuff assistance dogs can do is so impressive, the ones that can sense if you are about to have a seizure blow my mind! And the ones that help diabetics, it’s amazing, but I’m guessing actual proper training not just one of the Kray twins and a YouTube video is required to get dogs to that kind of level.

I’m guessing maybe they could train a dog to at senses when RSM is about to be a wanker and it alerts to it and knocks her phone out of her hands?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Some of the stuff assistance dogs can do is so impressive, the ones that can sense if you are about to have a seizure blow my mind! And the ones that help diabetics, it’s amazing, but I’m guessing actual proper training not just one of the Kray twins and a YouTube video is required to get dogs to that kind of level.

I’m guessing maybe they could train a dog to at senses when RSM is about to be a wanker and it alerts to it and knocks her phone out of her hands?
See she only has ME/CFS so what will the dog do for her? Fetch the post from the hall. Put the kettle on and pour her a drink? Bark if she gets suck in the bath?

Reactions: 6
Tasks for assistance dog of RSM #12: bark loudly whenever the bastard landlord approaches. Oh, wait, that won't work

• Haha
RSM doesn’t even have severe ME, she seems to be moderate, like me.
She must be excited about the Xmas holidays, phew, after all the homeschooling she will be glad of a break!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.